[Chapter Four]

[Chapter Four]

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"Momma!!"

 

Danielle set down her coffee cup and looked towards the entryway, where the sounds of eager footsteps grew lounder as the seconds passed. She smiled, hearing the voice of both her daughter and her best friend. The happiness between them was evident, and when they entered a room it was impossible to not feel the same.

 

Koda tottered in, bumping her hip against the table but acted like she didn't notice. She had a plush rabbit in her hands, and she excitedly showed her mother. "Momma! Look! Edward won it for me!" she said, giving a small laugh. Danielle looked up, and met Edward's eyes, which were soft and caring. She smiled, then took the stuffed animal from Koda's hands.

 

"Well now, how absolutely lovely! Thank you Edward, it certainly is nice."

 

"No problem! I just thought it would be nice for her to have it."

 

Danielle pointed at the stuffed tiger. "Did you win that for her too?"

 

Edward blushed, then held the tiger close to his chest. "Oh no. In fact, it was Koda that won this for me."

 

Danielle was moderatley surprised. "Koda won that?"

 

Edward nodded, and Koda smiled.

 

He mouthed "With my help, naturally," and Danielle nodded.

 

Koda sighed. "Momma, can we have some roast sandwiches? We still have some left over, right?" she asked, and Danielle laughed. "Of course we have some left. Sure, I'll get right on it. You two sit down and I'll be right back."

 

As Danielle wandered off into the kitchen, Koda and Edward took their places at the table. Koda's house always had a nice cozy feel to it, with warm auburn colours and simple but modern furniture. Edward had to hand it to Danielle, the house was almost never out of place. He looked at Koda, who's dreamy smile was headed in his direction. He blushed as she reached across the table and grabbed his hands.

 

"Well that was fun, wasn't it?" she asked with all sincerity.

 

He nodded, gripping her hands tight and smiling. "Yeah, but remember we're only resting. We're going back," he said, laughing, and she nodded. "Well of course..." she said, trailing off.

 

It got quiet for awhile before Koda spoke up. "So um...what were you saying at the carnival before?"

 

Edward gasped, suddednly letting go of her hands. "Oh that? Um, well, it's not important!" he stuttered, caught off guard by her question.

 

"It wasn't?"

"N-No! In fact, I um, forgot."

"You did?"

"Yeah, thats how unimportant it was. Heh heh..."

"Oh...well, uh, alright."

 

It was obvious that she was skeptical, but Edward was glad she didn't press the issue any more. He just wasn't ready to come out with it.

 

Koda sighed daintily, leaning back in her chair and sniffing the air. "Ohh! Mom's heating up our sandwiches!" she sat upright and laughed. "How wonderful!"

 

Edward cracked a smile smile before smoothing his hair back. "Yeah, it is."

 

He had always admired her happiness. It was obvious to anyone who looked at her that her past had been rocky, that she shut her doors to anyone who came knocking. And yet somehow, over the years, a brillance shrone through and she always had a reason to be light and bubbly. It was truly awe-inspiring.

 

With a burst of energy, Koda stood up, her knees buckled and her expression tight. Edward paused and looked up at her. "Uh...everything okay?" he asked. Koda slipped both hands on the center of her skirt and whined. "Ahh, no, I just realized how bad I have to use the bathroom. I'll be right back," she said, quickly waddling over to the nearby bathroom. Edward felt himself sigh. So much for awe-inspiring...

 

Danielle walked in just as Koda passed her by, her face tired and gentle. "Your food will be ready soon," she told Edward, and he waved it off. "No no, I can wait. Thank you very much."

 

Danielle looked to see if Koda was listening, then leaned forward and got in Edward's face. She was so close that the smell of bubble gum still resonated on her breath. "Edward, I know what you were going to say to her just now."

 

Edward blushed hard.

Danielle continued.

 

"You know I don't care about it much. In fact, I could kind of tell from the start." She took Koda's seat and gave Edward some room to breathe. He felt himself grow redder, so he hid his face in his hands and remained absolutely silent.

 

"I'm okay with it, and I'm sure Koda will be too," she said a moment later, and Edward peeked between his fingers to see the faint smile on her lips. If anything, she was sending a reassuring message. He took in a deep breath, and in a gruff embarrased voice he answered: "D-Do you really think so?"

 

"Of course. If she had eyesight--" she paused, looking longingly at the mark on her arm. "If she could see, I think she'd be able to tell too."

 

Edward slumped in his seat. "I...I didn't know I was making it that obvious...."

 

"You couldn't have made it MORE obvious, my dear boy."

"Oh...um...sorry?"

"What's there to apologize for?"

"I...I uh...I dont know?"

 

Danielle sighed, standing up. "I will tell you, Koda is going to be partially heartbroken when she DOES find out, though..."

 

Edward looked up, his face hot with embarrasment. "W-What?? Why would she be heartbroken?"

 

Danielle snickered. "You're not stupid Edward. Can't you tell she may want a relationship with you in the future--"

 

"Has she talked about one?" Edward asked almost excitedly.

"Um...well not to me no. But she might, and this will be quite a roadblock."

 

Edward raised an eyebrow at her. It suddenly came to him that they probably weren't both thinking the same thing. "I'm sorry, what are we talking about?"

 

Danielle gave him a serious smile. "Why, you being gay of course."

 

Edward felt his eyes widen and his jaw drop. "W-What!?! I'm not gay!" he shouted, overcome with both extreme embarrasment and anger. "What in the world makes you think THAT!?"

 

But before she could answer, Koda tottered back in the room. "Ahhh sorry about that, but it couldn't wait any longer. What'd I miss?" she asked, smiling brightly.

 

Edward leaned forward in his chair and slammed his head against the table. Koda jumped and Danielle laughed.

 

"You almost missed lunch, it's almost done."

 

 



© 2012 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Makes you wonder what he did to make it obvious? O.o

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.
It's the hair.
That and his homoerotic stares to Roy Mustang who...hasn't been in this.
But yes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah, it's making me wonder what he did to make it obvious! I know for a fact that he likes Koda! O_O I mean really! They are the cutest couple ever! I love them together. I really need to read more! I can't believe her mother thought that. This was an amazing chapter. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2012
Last Updated on February 20, 2012


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing