[Chapter Five]

[Chapter Five]

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Even after lunch was finished, Edward couldn't quite get Danielle's words out of his head.

 

Okay, so they were each talking about something different: he was reffering to his feelings for Koda, and she was thinking he was gay. But that didn't matter, her words still rang deep and shook him to the core.

 

If she could see, I'm sure she could tell too.

 

Was he telegraphing everything to the world so carelessly because he knew she couldn't see, so he thought it was okay? Or was he so deep into this near-obsession that he didn't even notice?

 

"Edward?"

 

"Oh...hmm?"

 

He looked down, pulled out of his own thoughts by Koda's voice. It was dark, and thats when he realized that he'd been so concerend with these thoughts that the whole carnival had passed him by.

 

"I cant hear the games anymore...is it time to go?" she asked, clinging onto a bag filled with assorted prizes they had collected throughout the day.

 

Edward took a good long look around. Sure enough, booths all around them were closing up shop, and food stalls were wrapping up leftovers. The carnvial was coming to an end. A darn shame, Ed thought. He had hardly any time to enjoy it.

 

"Is it?" Koda asked again, obviously becoming antsy. Edward nodded, then spoke. "Y-Yeah. You ready to go home?"

 

"I guess so. Ahh, these carnivals never last long enough."

"I agree. Come on, lets go."

 

He took her hand and together they walked through the now dismal looking carnival grounds. The lights were dim and the place near-abandonned. People here certainly had a sense of time and curfew....

 

"Edward..." she breathed, beginning to get nervous.

 

He paced himself faster, then stopped.

 

The ferry...

 

A proud looking ferry stood sillouhetted against the black waters near the docks. The moon hung low over the water, spilling a grand light on everything within it's reach. The scene was breathtaking, and he wished so desperately in that moment that Koda could see it. It was around this time that Edward noticed the ferry was still available for rides.

 

He could still...

 

"Change of plans," Edward said as he turned and walked towards the ferry. Koda's breath shortened as he followed him. "Wh-What!? Hey Ed, don't do that! Where are you taking me?? You're scaring me!"

 

"No need to be scared. Would I ever hurt you?"

"No..."

 

"Then trust me." He spoke in a calm and soothing voice, so she tried her best to put all trust in him. With a deep breath she merely laced her fingers with his tighter and followed his pace.

 

The ferry man watched as the two made it to his boat. He grinned a toothy grin and spat something gray and misty looking onto the boardwalk, and Edward tried not to gag.

 

"Ahh, I see we have one more couple to fill up these last seats! Excellent indeed!" he cried, and as Koda laughed Edward blushed. "W-We're not a couple, we just want a ride," he said, pointing to the ferry.

 

The old man grinned from ear to ear, a clear sign that he was up to no good. "But of course. The ride is free, so hop on up."

 

Koda perked up. "Ride? Hmm...is it the ferry?"

"Y-Yeah. Why? Are you not wanting to go?"

"No I do!"

 

The old man stared. "Say there, young lad...what happened to yer dame's eyes? She hurt or something?" he asked before spitting something else into the water.

 

Edward felt Koda's hand go limp in his own. The comment must have hurt her feelings. Almost instantly, Edward felt himself tighten and he became defensive. "Does it matter? Look, Mr...."

 

"Mr. Tomoki," said the man with a toothy grin.

 

"Right...Mr. Tomoki. Can we just get on please?"

"Right this way."

 

He led them up the board which got them on the ferry. He was laughing the entire time.

 

As the ferry began to sail into the water, Edward grabbed Koda's hand and led her to the deck, where he could see the dark gleam of the ocea underneath the moon. The sight was breathtaking.

 

"Edward, what's happening?"

 

Edward looked down at her and blushed. The moon had tinted her skin so perfectly that she almost looked like an angel. He felt himself grip the bottom of his shirt and sigh. "We're on the ferry. Just for awhile. We'll go right home after this."

 

"No more rash choices like that. Got it?"

"Yes Koda. I promise."

 

She took her play next to him and felt the rim of the safety bars. She sniffed. "Ahh I smell it! The sea. Oh what a good smell..." she suddenly backed up and coughed. "Ew! But not a very good taste."



© 2012 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Any one who read my lame fanfiction "At War With The World" should remember Tomoki! XD <3 He's so eww.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good chapter. Ew that guy was really rude!! I would have thrown him into the ocean if I was Edward. This was a really cute chater. Yay! I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 21, 2012
Last Updated on March 25, 2012


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing