[Chapter Six]

[Chapter Six]

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

TapTapTapTap.

 

Silence.

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

TapTapTapTap.

 

"Oh? You're here already?"

 

When Koda opened the window that cool Monday morning, she had a certain bounce in her step.

 

"Yeah, didn't want to be late. It IS the first day of school after all."

 

Edward stepped in, and looked down at his friend, who was already dressed and ready to go. He couldn't help but smile at her eagerness. It was an adorable trait.

 

He listened in intently. "Is Danielle awake?"

 

"Not yet. She was up late last night, so she's sleeping in."

"Up late? What for?"

 

Koda shrugged. "Beats me. Maybe she's looking for a better job or something. I don't ask."

 

Edward yawned. "Yeah, I guess." He looked at her, and took in her features.

 

Today she was wearing a short sleeved v-neck white shirt and a golden cross necklace. On her wrist was a watch Edward had once gotten her for her birthday, and it looked like Danielle had painted her nails a light blue. She wore a pair of snug jeans that complemented her body nicely, and some plain sneakers. Her hair was down as well. He always liked it better that way.

 

Koda yawned. "Ahh man I'm so pumped for today! It's going to be a great first day, I can just feel it!" she shouted, and Edward nodded in agreement. "The first day is always the best. You're able to figure out who's in your classes, what teacher you have, and just knowing that your future is only a few months away makes it great alone," he replied.

 

There was a sudden knock on the door. "Koda?"

 

"Mom!"

 

Koda opened the door and smiled. She could feel the positive energy radiating off her mother's skin, and that made her happy.

 

Danielle smiled back. "Good morning Koda! And good morning to you too, Edward!" she said, not even questioning how he got into her room without using the front door. She learned early on not to ask questions: the two of them made it work, and that's all that mattered to her.

 

"Morning Mom!" Koda said, walking over and sitting on the edge of her bed. Danielle smiled at them both. "I see you're both ready to start the day huh?" she asked, running her fingers through Koda's hair and fixing her necklace. Edward nodded. "Yeah. It is the first day, and we'd rather not start it on the wrong foot."

 

Danielle smiled gently, and Edward felt himself blush. "You are too good to her sometimes, you know that?" she said, and Koda gave a small laugh, unaware of how red her friend's face was at that moment. "Yeah he is! He's the best friend anyone could ever ask for!"

 

Edward ran his hand down his face, trying to maintain his composure. All these compliments! Part of him tried to figure out if being her "best friend" was a good thing or a bad thing. He loved being there for her and making sure she was able to get through the day, but he didn't want to just be friends for forever...

 

Danielle smiled. "Oh come now, Edward! You're practically part of the family! Don't be so embarrased by my doting." She stepped back from her daughter, making sure her outfit was perfect. When she was satisfied, she walked over to Edward and began making adjustments to him as well. She tightened his ponytail and tried to straighten out the creases in his jacket. "You've been there for her ever since she was a girl, so naturally I think highly of you."

 

He blushed. "T-Thank you..." he trailed off, and Koda came over and looped her arm around his. "You all set? I think it's time to go now!" Koda chirped, and he laughed before patting her head. "Yeah it is time to go, huh?" He looked at Danielle and smiled. "I'll try to get used to it I suppose. Thank you."

 

The two stepped down the stairs, with Edward holding her hand down the stairs. Danielle stood on the top of the staircase, her smile warm. Her hand made her way to the burn mark on her arm, rubbing it gently.

 

Forget what happened then. She's happy now.

Even in her darkness, she is happy.



© 2012 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
STUCK IN THE FRIENDS ZONE XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a great chapter. LOL poor Edward. He will always be stuck there. I wonder if she is ever going to realize his true feelings. Awe her mother seems really sad at the end of this chapter! NO! She shouldn't think about it, but I know she wishes Koda would take the bandages off just as much as Ed probably does. Great chapter. I can't wait to read the next one! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 28, 2012
Last Updated on May 31, 2012


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing