secret

secret

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

secret

 

ravens with red wings

pastor's hands washed with holy water

the sparrow cries

 

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

2/20/23

© 2023 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A sad situation on the status of the of religion and he church...the raven and the pastor hungry for no good!
I would put them in the same category...but the sparrow is the one who gets taken advantage of, poor thing! Says a lot in few words J.
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you for your words, Betty,
j.
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

A distinct pleasure my friend and mentor!
Best, B
nothing I can add to what has been said. excellent work, very impactful and truly heart rending. Thanks for the post -carl

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you for your words, carl,
j.
The church has never promoted itself in the true image of God but a means to create wealth and under the protection within its order to carry out sins against children. Which doesn’t paint a idyllic picture of God in the process who lets this go on. Forgive me father for I have sinned seems rather lenient to me. Yes a raven with red wings equates to having blood on one’s hands and to don’t trust a raven.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you for your insights, andrew,
j.
Somehow I feel this one has to do with sexual abuse by the Catholic priesthood. The defenseless sparrow in the hands of ravens, whose sins are covered up. A truly sad story.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

truly sad, yes...thank you, John,
j.
A poem that's heart-rending. Every word bleeds. There is so much darkness in places of supposed light. God won't forgive those who destroy in His name. Amen.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you for your words, divya,
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M
Let's not forget the cardinals....they hide just as many secrets and the secrets of others all the while watching the poor sparrow's cry. The Church is such a hypocritical organisation and I find myself despising it more and more with the passing of the years. Powerful poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

yes, all the way up the ladder...hypocrites...
thank you, Makhabat.
j.
Gave me chills early this morning here in cold Spain.
I always feel when reading your work that it is amazing...
Quick and easy to grasp...
Lisa

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, Lisa in cold Spain.
jacob in warm Carbondale.
j.
Wow! So few lines and so few words, but this is resounding.

Jeremiah 23:1, “Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!”

Matthew 7:15, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

The sad thing is that this was no "secret." It was wide-spread and condoned through silence and cover-ups. Innocence, once lost, can never be regained; and the damage will haunt forever. I hope there is a special place in hell for these people.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

the sheep fall victim...and yet the priests have no trouble falling asleep.
thank you, Linda .. read more
This reminds me of a Pound translation. A distinct Asian influence. Well done.

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you, Winston,
j.
Life is filled with secrets though some secrets should not be at all.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

that is so true, will,
thank you,
j.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2023
Last Updated on February 27, 2023

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren