Chapter six

Chapter six

A Chapter by Fenix Flight
"

Lies discovered and Truths uncovered

"

     Miranda slams the car door behind her and stomps up the walk way. Nick was lying he had to be, there was no way in hell Matt did Herion. And she was going to prove it. He opens the front door and slams it shut, making  the glass flower vase rattle on its perch by the the door. Matt's car was in the driveway so she knew he was home, plus the door hasnt been locked.

 

     "Matt where are you?" She yells. When she doesnt get an answer she knows she was probably in his room sleeping. Miranda runs up the stairs taking them two at a time. She does to Matt's room and knock on the door. Still no answer. She opens his door and gasps at the sight in front of her.

 

     On Matt's bed was a baggie with white powder, a blackened spoon, a lighter and a used needle. But what shocks Miranda the most is the fact hat NIck had Clearly been right. Matt lay among drug paraphilia passed out, oblivious to his sister's discovery. Miranda goes over to him and tried to wake him up. Matt wouldn't wake up. For a spilt second she was seized with the fear that her brother was dead until she sees his chest was rising and falling. She tries one more time to wake him up and is successful.

 

     "What? What happened?" Matt starts sitting up and knocking Miranda over. She gets up and Smacks him Hard in the face.

 

   "What the F**k was that for?" He asks rubbing his face which was already strating to redden. She points to the drugs.

 

     "What the F**k are you doing? Nick said you were a junkie and I came here to prove him wrong, But I can see now that I was the one who was wrong" She yells fighting back the tears. Matt looks at the scattered mess on his bed and starts to cry.

 

    "I'm sorry. I was going to tell you when I finally stopped." He sobs

 

     " You should have told me from the begining. Better yet you shouldn't have even started." Miranda yells letting the tears fall freely down her face.

 

     "I'm sorry." Matt whispers in defeat

 

     "It's too late for sorrys Matt, How could you?" she cries and runs out of the room. Miranda colapses onto her bed crying so hard. She couldn't believe it was true. How could she not have known Matt was a junkie? How could Mat tbe a junkie in the first place? Why would he keep it form her but tell Nick of all people? She has so many questions and not a single answer. Her doos opens a bit.

 

     "Miranda, please let me explain." Matt whispers desperation thick in his voice. Miranda grabs her pillow and chucks it with all her mgiht at Matt, who barely misses getting hit.

 

    "GET AWAY FROM ME!" She screeches as a new set of tears spill from her eyes. she hears Matt leaving and going down stairs. When she is positive that he was completely down stairs she starts crying harder.

 

     Matt falls back on the couch in despair. This was not the way he had wanted Miranda to find out about his addiction. He had actually planned on telll her tomorrow. He was so deep in thought that he didnt hear Paige come in. He jumps a foot in the air when she sits down next to him.

 

    "Matt whats wrong? are you ok?" she asks with concern.

 

     " Miranda found me passed out on my bed after using,." He says quietly

 

     "Oh no how is she?" paige asks worridly.

     "She's upset. SHe wont let me talk to her, when I tried she threw a pillow at me." Matt says silently starting to cry. Paige gets up.

 

     "I'll talk to her." She reasures him and goes off to comfort her girlfriend. Paige knocks on Miranda's door

 

     Go away Matt, I don't want to talk to you." Miranda mumbles from somewhere inside the room. Paige opens the door ans sees Miranda huddled in her bed crying into a pillow.

 

     "I've been called many things but never Matt." Paige teases. Miranda looks up, her eyes puffy and red.

 

     "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here." she weeps. Paige goes over and sits next to her upset girlfriend. Miranda puts her head on Paiges shoulder. "Oh Paige how could this happen? How could Matt be a junkie and how could we not have known about it?" she cries. Paige closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

 

    "Miranda I have to tell you something and you're not going to like it." she says. Miranda picks up her head and looks at Paige with confusion.

 

     "What is it?" she asks, slight fear creeping into her voice. Paige looks down not able to look her in the eyes.

 

    " I knew Matt was a junkie. I've known for about three months, I came over one day to see if you were home and found him passed out on the couch. when I confronted him about what happened he confessed." Paige confesses her voice barely a whisper.

 

     Miranda's body tenses in her arms and she feels her closing doors to her that were never closed before. Paige watches her girlfriends face go from confusion to a cold hard emotionless expression as the words sink in.

 

     "What do you mean? Why didn't you tell me?" she asks her voice deviod of all emotions. Paige winces at the coldness.

 

     "I thought he should tell you not me." she says praying Miranda would understand. Miranda gets up and stares down at Her.

 

     "Well then you should have told me he had something to tell me the moment you found out and then none of this would have happened!" Miranda yells at her, the coldness breaking away to barely concealed fury. Paige's heart breaks at the look of hurt, betrayal, anmd hatred written clearly on Miranda's face.

 

     " I don't know, I didn't think of that." she whispers trying not to cry.

 

     "You didn't think of that what are you NUTS?" Miranda yells louder. Piage gets up and heads for the door. Trying to stay strong she pulls up calmness from somewhere deep inside.

 

     " I can see you're upset. I'll leave so you can calm down." She says, hating the tremor in her voice, as she opens the door.

 

     "I am BEYOND mad I am f*****g PISSED!" Miranda snaps, "I am so pissed at you! none of this would have happened if you'd just told me from the begining!" Finally loosing her cool Paige's head snaps back and she stares at Miranda.

 

     "MY FAULT? It is Not my fault your f*****g brother is a junkie!" Paige snaps back instantly regreting her words. Miranda gives her a look that makes Paige suck in her breath, She knew she went to far over the line.

 

     "Get out," Miranda says in a dead calm voice. "And NEVER EVER COME BACK." She screams on the top of her lungs.

 

     "I'd be glad too!" Piage yells back as her eye sting from unshed tears. Turning on her heels she flees Miranda's room. She runs down the stairs, pushes matt out of her way and runs out of the house as the dam finally bursts and the tears stream down her face.



© 2014 Fenix Flight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 28, 2014


Author

Fenix Flight
Fenix Flight

Kingdom Of Amythest, ME



About
Please Call me Fenix (Fen-nicks) (The FEN is pronouced the same way you would pronouce the FEN in Fenway) its more my name then the one I was given at birth. I wont put my life story here. You will se.. more..

Writing