Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Fenix Flight
"

Relapsing

"

      "It was so weird. I mean he tells me he's trying to be good and that he's stopped drinking. Then he says that he's changed for me. THEN he says he loves me> THEN HE FREAKING KISSES ME! its so gross!" Miranda explains to Matt. "I mean it has to be a game right? to get back at me or something right?" She asks. The brother and sister were in the driveway because Matt was trying to fix his car, or tune it up or something, Miranda didnt have a clue.

 

          " I agree, It's probably be a joke. But he has stopped drinking I heard his gang of friends talking about how he's changed and hasnt gotten drunk at any of the parties he's been too this summer, which is weird for him. Will you pass me that wrench?" Matt says sticking his hand out for the wrench. Miranda hands him the tool and sits down next to the car watching her brother tinker with the car and thinks. So Nick was telling the truth about the drinking. What if he was telling the truth about loving her? NO he couldnt, he was just trying to mess with her.

 

            "UGH Being sixteen is supposed to be the best year a girl can have, Mine is turning into a freaking nightmare. Matty what am I suppose to do?" she whines, very un Miranda like. Matt rolls out from under the car and sits up. He grabs a rag and wipes his greesy hands on it.

 

             "You do what yo think You're suppose to do. I think you should make up with Paige and stay the HELL away from Nick. But thats just my opinion." He tells her.

 

           "That doesnt help me at all!" Miranda whines again. Matt sighs.

 

          "Well I can't help you with this. I told you what I think now you have to do what you think is best for you." He says very brotherly. Miranda thinks about what he said for a few mintures before heading in the house.

 

         Matt waits ten minutes before opening the hood of the car. He take out a brown paper bag and shuts the hood. Sitting down he dumps the bag with shaky sweaty hands. He needed a fix, just a little one, It wouldnt hurt him. he thinks as he picks up the needle already to use. He takes a strip of cloth and ties it around his bicep looking for a vien. He starts to place the needle in the perfect place.

 

         "MATT STOP! what the f**k are you doing?" someone yells behind him. He spins around to see Paige standing there with a shopping bag in her hand. He had been so distracted he hadn't heard Paige drive up.

 

         " I um.. I was um..." Matt stutters Trying to think of something.

 

         "Don't even bother saying anything. I knwo what you were doing. Give it to me now." Paige orders dropping her bag and holding out her hand. Matt looks at the needle and sighs. Picking it up he give it to Paige who snatches it out of his hands. Grabbing the brown bag and hers she drops it into to brown one with disgust. "Get up, come on lets get you into the hosue." she says gently helping him up. They go into the house and Matt sits on the stairs. A mintue later Miranda starts down them, but stops when she sees Matt and Paige.

 

      "Whats going on?" she asks concern entering her voice.

 

      "See for yourself." Paige says and tosses her the brown bag. Miranda catches it and opens it. "I came over because I found your favorite shirt at my house and throught you'd want it. when I got here I found Matt about to stick that needle into his arm." Paige tells her leaning against the banister. Miranda's gaze snaps to Matt.

 

     "ARE YOU CRAZY! you promised me you wouldnt do this again!" she screams

 

     " I know I know, but Damnit you have NO idea how hard it is. I'm sorry I got weak!" Matt shoots back at her. Miranda doesnt say anything, she is so pissed she felt like she was about to explode. She sits down next to her brother and lets out a frustrated sigh.

 

     " I know its hard Matt but you have to stay strong. Why dont you find something healthy to take the drugs place?" She suggests.

 

        Matt just shurgs 'She doesnt understand, its not that simple' he thinks to himself. He gets up and heads upstairs. "I'll be in my room in you need me, No there arent any drugs there," he calls over his shoulder.

 

       Paige sits down next to Miranda, who just closes her eyes and sighs, leaning her head against the banister. It was the morning after their meeting at the cave. Paige grabs her bag and hands it to Miranda.

 

        "Heres your shirt, I washed it for you and everything." Miranda thanks her and takes the bag from her, careful not to touch Paige's hand. The girls sit there in akward silence until Paige jumps up, no longer able to take the silence. " Well I better get going. See you around I guess." She says and dashes out the front door before Miranda could see her tears.



© 2014 Fenix Flight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on May 3, 2014
Last Updated on May 3, 2014


Author

Fenix Flight
Fenix Flight

Kingdom Of Amythest, ME



About
Please Call me Fenix (Fen-nicks) (The FEN is pronouced the same way you would pronouce the FEN in Fenway) its more my name then the one I was given at birth. I wont put my life story here. You will se.. more..

Writing