Chapter Three: Patrick Süskind's Perfume

Chapter Three: Patrick Süskind's Perfume

A Chapter by finnscxtt

In the end I told Matthew everything. He told me not to worry too much about it but that if it got any weirder to let him know. He just thinks that this is all one big coincidence, but I'm not so sure.

After Matthew left my room I quickly warmed up and got my running shoes on with some sweats and a zipper " it's starting to get cold outside at night-time. I had lost track of time and how far I had ran, but when I looked down at my watch, the numbers were all flashing up at me: 23:41. I hit the button at the side to show the distance I had travelled and it yet again flashed at me in blue through the darkness: 11 miles. I finally feel the aching in my muscles, the sweat clamming up my skin, my body becoming unable to breathe in these clothes.

It's got really dark out and I've hardly even noticed. I bet that everyone will be already in bed. I bet they've hardly even noticed me gone. I make my way slowly towards the nearest gate in the park, my local park where I just ran the same usual circuit I created for myself through the muddy grass and difficult climbs. I love running as it helps clear my thoughts, relieving stress where-ever it's directed from. The way I discovered running was by running away to my favourite spot " under the old sycamore tree near the swings. This happened so often, but the first night it began I was seven years old and Mum was arguing with Dad again, and because Dad was telling me to stop defending him... I just couldn't understand it, so I ran out the front door. I ran and ran, all the way to the bottom of our street, round the corner and past all the shops until I reached the park. I didn't want to be found that night so I hid behind the big tree trunk. It wasn't until I sat down on the cold crisp grass that I realised I wasn't crying anymore, nor was there that pain in my chest.

My first heart-breaking moment: the creation of my own parents being inflicted on their creation. Me.

As I'm looking up at the stars as I walk home, I'm having a dejá vu of that very night, only this time I've not got any pain my heart, instead it's my head.

Running has always been my go-to way to relieve stress, so why isn't it working tonight?

Ughh I actually hate this. I just can't seem to shake the feeling that something is up and I can't just leave it like nothing's happened. I need to find out what the deal is with my online chat-mate.

****************************************************************

Despite my exhaustion I quickened my pace home and ended up jogging the rest of the way home to our little house at the end of the street. I crashed through the door and saw that the lights were still on in the living room, but instead of going in I just shouted through that I'm home and going for a shower then to my bed " I don't even know who was still up or who replied " or if anyone did.

****************************************************************

My mind was set on one thing, and now I'm sitting in front of my laptop again " fingers at the ready. I'm still trying to catch my breath from me stripping while stumbling up the stairs and clambering into a freezing cold shower. No sooner was I in the shower was I out it; I was in and out there so quickly that the water hadn't had a chance to even heat up.

I quickly throw my hair up onto the top of my head and tie it up into a bun, then wipe my now wet hands on my pj top and finally draw my full attention back to my laptop screen.

I hesitate for a moment, thinking if I'm doing the right thing, but my curiosity gets the better of me.

I click open my browser and reopen the chat thread, beginning a new message.

tallytehparty289: How do you know about Mona's?

I don't need to wait long for a reply as not a moment later the little typing symbol popped up. I'm usually a patient person but my eyes are glued to the screen and I'm just so- I just- it's frustrating just having to wait on another person. I think this is maybe why I don't have that many friends and seen as bossy and pushy...

*beep-beep*

UFall4Me17: My college lecturer recommended it. Apparently it's one of the best places to study in the city. She wasn't wrong either.

tallytehparty289: COLLEGE? The only thing you've ever told me is that you're seventeen! Not a flipping college student. Please don't be a 43 year old predator! I will call the police! AND I AIN'T KIDDING!

UFall4Me17: I am seventeen. I go to college two afternoons a week since my school doesn't do the certain qualifications I want in a certain subject.

tallytehparty289: Which is? And what school & college is it? I know things " I'll know if you're lying!

UFall4Me17: Sandbank Academy, the community college and it's for Advanced Photography.

tallytehparty289: Oh

tallytehparty289: Sorry. Ignore me. I'll just disappear out of your life " if you need me I'll be hiding under my duvet for the rest of my life. Okay? Great, goodbye. :)

I think I may have overreacted to the college situation, and I also regret that smiley emoji at the end. But now I feel relieved actually, it's actually laughable how badly I've reacted to this whole situation. It's unb-

*beep-beep*

UFall4Me17: no, no, no, that's not fair. You can't go round asking me all those questions then not telling me anything about yourself, like your name, age, are you a college kid too or you just a really busy high-schooler?

tallytehparty289: Tally, but that should be obvious, I'm seventeen and still at school which you should know as I'm always complaining and ranting about it.

UFall4Me17: I already knew all that but I just wanted you to stay on here so I could talk to you.

I'm taken aback, but now that I know they already knew my name (besides the obvious username and them asking me just there) I've realised that I still don't know much about this person not even their na- that's it!

tallytehparty289: Hey! I don't even know your name and yet you seem to know everything about me. So... What's your name stranger?

UFall4Me17: Gus. And I think I may have a solution to your many unanswered questions... Why don't we meet up? You choose the place and the time " somewhere you'll feel safe of course. But we don't have to if you don't want to, it's just that I really want to match a name to a face and really get to learn how wonderful you are, in person.

Without a moment's hesitation I quickly type in my reply.

tallytehparty289: Mona's. This Friday. I spend most Friday's there. How will I know who you are though?

UFall4Me17: Umm... I'm studying this book in English literature just now. It's called Perfume, I don't know if you've heard of it, but I know there's a film of the same name.

tallytehparty289: It's written by Patrick Süskind isn't it?

UFall4Me17: Uh, yeah. How did you know that already? Are you Google because I could never find a matching result that fast?

tallytehparty289: No chance haha, it just so happens to be one of my all-time favourite novels. It's actually sitting right in front of me upon my bookshelf.

UFall4Me17: That's amazingly coincidental! I think that I should let you get on with your night " it's getting late now. Goodnight Tally ;) xx

A winking emoji and kisses. Wow this Gus guy is really friendly. I guess I'll just have to let them down that I'm really not that interested in any form of relationship. But not tonight. I'm really tired now.

tallytehparty289: Goodnight Gus. It's been good to actually get to know you. Also, I'm actually kinda looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

I drag the cursor up to the drop down to log out before switching my laptop of for the night, but a tiny movement at the bottom of the screen, the little typing symbol has popped up again.

*beep-beep*

UFall4Me17: Would it be too much if I asked for your number already? It's just I don't think I can go a whole day of not speaking to you again. I enjoy our quirky conversations and rambling antics. If not though, it's totally cool with me. x

tallytehparty289: I guess it's okay. Just don't phone me when I'm at school, training or at work. Or when I'm studying. In fact you're better not to call me, you'd be saving yourself credit " and your own time.

UFall4Me17: Texting it is then :P x

I quickly type in my number and hit send.

UFall4Me17: Thank you. Goodnight... again! :) xx

With that I quickly shut down my laptop and grabbed my hairbrush from my bedside table as I made my way over to my window.

I pull the hairband from the top of my head, with a few painful twists and tugs to get it free though. I did that thing where you contort you hand and the elastic hand band wiggles it's way over your knuckles and rolls onto your wrist, then shook my hair free and running my fingers down my still damp tugs to free my hair up more. I grab my brush off the window-ledge and replace it with myself.

I sit in my usual position, staring up at the stars, the smoky clouds dusting themselves over the moon and the milkyway. I continue to brush my ash hair over my shoulder " since its long enough now for it all to fall over one shoulder. This is the calm feeling I've been searching for all day.

Once I feel my hair is feeling dry enough to sleep on and not catch a chill, I stumble over to my bed and collapse into it, throwing my hairbrush back onto its designated spot on the table next to my lamp and switching it off in the process.

Having my soft white duvet and pillow welcoming me into a sleep inducing hug, I sigh with content and am feeling optimistic about the rest of my week ahead.

I don't even need to count sheep " I have my own way of lulling myself into dreamland.

Running.

Just me, running. Barefoot, grass beneath me, a cool autumn breeze caressing my hair as I travel further, the browning leaves falling on me and kissing against my bare arms, my feet, even a gentle kiss on the top of my nose. And that's how I sleep now. It's been autumn in all my dreams the past couple months, but it's way better than summer because it's just the perfect temperature for running.

I'm running for eternity when I sleep, and to me that's when I feel most alive and free.



© 2016 finnscxtt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016
Tags: coming of age, family, growing up, humour, teen, teenager, young adult, love, funny, lgbt, lgbtq


Author

finnscxtt
finnscxtt

United Kingdom



About
I'm a Media student, but will be starting the course in September so I technically will be then. I've always had a passion for reading and falling in love with characters and their stories - so I've t.. more..

Writing
Page Break Page Break

A Book by finnscxtt