Epilogue: UFall4Me17

Epilogue: UFall4Me17

A Chapter by finnscxtt

It's been nineteen days since me and August Blake met properly for the first time.

Sure I was shocked to the core with just about everything that he said, but what else did I expect? I had this image in my head of who he would really be, but clearly you never truly know someone over the internet - you do really have to get to know the person not the words they write to you.

When we got back to my house the Friday afternoon that we met, everything went surprisingly great. Matthew loved him and they got on like a house on fire, shooting jokes back and forth. My Dad was happy with how nice he seemed and relaxed when he had a good ol' chat with Gus. I honestly don't think Clara gave two s***s, she was just surprised that I, Tallulah Page, for the first time ever brought someone home to meet my family - I swear she had a bet with Matthew that I would become the latest version of the crazy cat, I think I even saw some money being exchanged.

I enjoyed they couple of hours that Gus first spent with us, but he had to go home at some point so it was his new found friend Matthew who drove him home. It really was great to see how relaxed he became once he realised how cool my Dad is and that Matthew is more of a friend than a foe. Just seeing everyone chill out and have a laugh relaxed me, and for once I didn't go for a run before bed - I didn't need to destress.

Gus kept in touch with me every single day and we even talking on the phone quite a lot, which is a rarity for me. We found out a lot more about one another and despite the fact that we really don't have a lot in common, we were actually able to maintain a discussion for hours on end.

We've been hanging out a lot more too. And not just at Mona's café but at my place, his, the local park, and we even went to the cinema after three days of first meeting at the café.

It was Emily Li, my friend from the school's cross-country team and fellow science enthusiast that asked why I've been so happy and chatty lately, but it was only ten days ago that she asked me this as we were making our way out to the school car park after training. This also happened to be the day that Gus decided to wait outside the school for me so that we could do some party planning (yes I did decide that taking Gus on full-time was the best option that I had, so I did). Emily saw Gus first, leaning against the drivers' side of my beat-up blue Fiat with a cute little bunch of daisies and forget-me-not's, which even Emily was immediately swooned by as she later told me she would date him if I wasn't going to. He made the excuse of us working so that he could actually take me on a date, and it turns out that he had already done all the work we had planned to do over the next couple of days. Even though he was tight for time (and money) he managed to prepare a meal at his house and then we spent the rest of the night wandering around the park talking and gazing at the stars. It was actually quite romantic, yet we never actually spoke of us forming any sort of relationship throughout our whole evening.

I think we have grown close over the past nineteen days but we're still learning more about one another each and every day that passes together. I've got to know his family as he has mine (and Clara has finally forgiven me after our big argument and we're back to the usual sisterly bitching). We've actually gotten a lot of work done, me and Gus, with more parties than ever being booked thanks to the gossip that's been created about the mysterious (and handsome) August Blake befriending or even possibly dating the ever so shy and nerdy Tallulah Page. I think I've got Emily Li to thank for the successful spread of gossip; I figured that she probably told the cross-country girls at some point, or her bother - both avenues of where most gossip about me comes from (I'm talking about when I started my business, my mum disappearing from the face of the earth, and the strange fact that I seem to have "two dads".) Emily may seem to be very quiet and reserved but she really can't resist any gossip, like ever.

So that's a quick update on how me and Gus have been getting along which brings us up to date: day nineteen, also known as the day of the ultimate triplet boys' birthday bash.

It's currently around seven at night, the guests have long gone, the boys and their parents have only left about ten minutes ago, and Gus and I have not long begun the massive clean-up job that's been left for us at the community centre's events hall.

The music is still playing and Gus just can't help but dance along to the beat. He slowly makes his way over to me, dancing all the way to the fast pace of the song looking as stupid as he can and pulling faces to go with his flailing arms and legs. To be honest, I don't even know the song and I really don't care, Gus is just too funny not to watch.

"Come on Tally, just dance" he says nudging my shoulder when he reaches me, his adorable smile getting to me.

"Fine, but only because you asked nice this time" I joke with him as I begin to awkwardly try to dance with him.

Our bodies are awkwardly drawn closer as we jokingly dance and laugh at each other. It's actually the most fun I've had in all my time cleaning up after parties.

Since Gus started working with me I've not been out running as much at night, and I feel a lot more stress free and I'm so glad that I met him now.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as Gus suddenly grabs my waist and my hands somehow automatically clasp onto his shoulders, and the fun atmosphere dies down as the energy between us completely changes.

"You really need a break from all this stress Tallulah Page" is all he says smiling at me before he places his lips onto mine, and just to be a walking cliché, that first kiss was exactly as expected - awkward, but at the same time it was exciting, like fireworks had been set off somewhere in the back of my mind.

And it was in this moment that I knew that I too was falling, falling for you August Blake.



© 2016 finnscxtt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016
Tags: coming of age, family, growing up, humour, teen, teenager, young adult, love, funny, lgbt, lgbtq


Author

finnscxtt
finnscxtt

United Kingdom



About
I'm a Media student, but will be starting the course in September so I technically will be then. I've always had a passion for reading and falling in love with characters and their stories - so I've t.. more..

Writing
Page Break Page Break

A Book by finnscxtt





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5