Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Sheela
"

Kyra ends up at adoption center with alot of other kids.

"

"I am so sorry Kyra," said the doctor. It is the same doctor that takes care of my problems. I just stood there, staring at the doctor. I could not express my feelings. Knowing that your mother is dead is a feeling that you can not explain. I have no more family. My mother an father were the only family I had. So what happens now?
"I called social services for you Kyra"
"Social serivces?"
"Yes Kyra. You have to go somewhere."
"I guess so. So I am like an orphan now?"
"Yes Kyra. I know it is hard. I was an orphan too."
"Really?"
"Yes, and everything turned out fine."
That put a touch of hope in me. Maybe I will get a better family. A new family. I still can not imagine it. This could be good for me. This is my only choice, and I have to live with that.
The social worker arrived at the hospital and headed straight to the doctor. They talk for a long while, then they both stopped and looked at me. I froze. What could they be talking about? Is my life officially ruined?
"Hello Kyra. I am Mrs. DeMarco. You will be coming with me today. Is that okay?" She waited patiently for my answer as I looked her over. She is way too professional.
"It is not like I have a choice. My mother is dead and my father is in prison. So..."
"I know it is tough Kyra."
"No you do not. Just take me where I need to be."
She turned around and went back to the doctor. She talked to him for another twenty minutes then came back to me. She gave me a nod to come with her. I followed her to her shiny BMW. I guess thats the plus of being a social worker. Damn show off.
She drove in silence, not a word out of her.
It was kind of an awkward silence. I guess I was kind of harsh towards her at the hospital. I felt kind of bad for it now. Should I say something? I stayed silent.
We pulled up towards a giant old building. It had four floors, but no life to it. I had a feeling this would be my new home. I sunk in the seat of the car.
"Welcome to your new home Kyra," said Mrs. DeMarco.
"You're kidding right?"
"Oh. It is better inside, and the kids are nice."
"Fine. Like I said before, I have no choice."
We walked inside and I could not believe my eyes. It looked so much better inside. It was so clean and neat. Beautiful is the word for it. I guess I could give this place a chance. It doesn't seem so bad.
"Wow," I said.
"I told you so," bragged Mrs. DeMarco.
Mrs. DeMarco walked over to a tall, husky man that was wearing an employee t-shirt. He looked over at me with a concerned face, then he smiled and waved. Mrs. DeMarco has to tell everyone about my father. I am ashamed of him. I am done with him. I can not forgive anyone who kills my mother.
The man is now walking towards me, along with Mrs. DeMarco. They both stopped in front of me.
"Hey Kyra. I am Mr. Francis."
"Hey," I said. I was kind of speechless. He was a frightning looking person. Tall, dark eyes and hair, scary.
"I will show you to your room, then give you a tour. Sound good?"
"Yes sir."
He put a hand on my back and showed me
they way to the stairs. We walked up two flights of stairs. Then we walked down the hall to room 304.
"The girls stay on the third floor. The boys stay on the fourth. This will be your room for the time being. You
can put your bag in here, and I will finish the tour for you."
We walked down to the second floor. When we walked through the door I could not believe it. There was a game room, a theater, and a sitting area with bean bag chairs. It looked really cool.
"This is where you will spend your day for group and free time. We do have movie time. we also have reading and writing time. We will tell you when we will be doing something else."
He let me walk the area so I could look at everything. All the kids are in their rooms until I get settled. I am nervous about meeting everyone else. I am not much of a people, problems, drama, talking, type person. Mr. Francis and I walked down to the first floor.
The first floor is boring. It is the nurses station, diner, and lock-up room. It is kind of sad when you need a lock-up room. Are the kids really that bad here? I feel like I am at psycho center.
"The lock-up room is only for extreme misbehavior.
Not if you break a little rule. We go to the diner at seven, twelve, and five. If you forget, you do not eat. If you are not hungry, you go to your room until everyone is done. We don't have many rules, except do not go on the opposite sexes floor. Any questions?"
"No sir."
"Okay go and have fun."
I went upstairs and the kids were all there. Everyone stared at me. I immediately froze in place. Awe man.



© 2009 Sheela


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More......

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2009


Author

Sheela
Sheela

Sylva, NC



About
I am Sheela Fisher. I am 16 years old. Singing and writing are my two main hobbies. I gott a lovely and wonderful hearted friend Lacey! I have a few other friends. Not very social.. I have a sister na.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Sheela


One One

A Chapter by Sheela


two two

A Chapter by Sheela