~When You Leapt

~When You Leapt

A Poem by Frieda P

Your butterfly wings twisted 
                    by fate & obscurity
               plummeting into the grand abyss
             you took my heart with you when you leapt
                           hanging by a thread was no way to go
left behind memories, secrets and pain
         now divided by death I can't help but wonder
was there peace in your decision to fall?

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think anyone who has had a loved one take their own life asked such questions... you will go crazy living with them unanswered, but you need to find peace by keeping them alive in your heart.

Have you ever heard "A Tout Le Monde" by Megadeth... if not check it out.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Only listened to it about a thousand times in that immediate time following the sadness....thanks Da.. read more



Reviews

My dear friend, I knew what I was getting into here when I read the title...I've said it many times, but I know there is probably nothing anyone can say that can alleviate the pain, though that will not stop me from trying to find those elusive words...in the meantime I can only continue to offer you my dearest sympathies, though you know you've had them for a long time now...every time I read one of these, I must suppress a sob, and am usually unsuccessful in doing so...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Your support is always greatly appreciated my dear friend....
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

:) xo
This sounds a sad reflection on loosing a loved person through suicide. It is as I have come to expect from you a very flowery and artistic piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Gabriel.
"was there peace in your decision to fall?" -- Oh, Frieda, I wish I knew the answer to this question as well. I lost my first love to suicide over 5 years ago, and the question still festers in my head from time to time. I don't think it ever truly goes away truthfully.

The saddness in this was tempered only by the beauty with which you write. Tragic beauty is sometimes the best kind. Lovely...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I'm always amazed by how many people can relate personally to this subject, suicide is much more pre.. read more
As always in pieces on you write with passionate emotions.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks John.
Such a tough subject. Heartbreaking, too, that someone would find death preferable to life. Was there peace? Maybe you'll know one day.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I've researched it like a madwoman, they say once you've made the decision, a peace comes over you, .. read more
Samuel Dickens

10 Years Ago

I'm so sorry. No wonder you wrote this.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thank you Samuel.
Wow this was beautiful. And very touching.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thank you kindly Isabella.
Our cup of pain needs to leak gently, so as not to overflow. A full cup cannot take any more. I hope the spilling brings release, sweetheart. P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Does it ever stop leaking is what I want to know, thanks my kind friend.
I love the last line! I told you about my friend before, it was the same with Him, everyone was angry but I can help wondering if in a way it was his life and therefore His right. Nice and thoughtful poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I wonder about it all Samuel, would not wanted her to suffer but yet, all her pain is left behind w.. read more
Powerful and touching, thanks for sharing this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks poetic heroics.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1996 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2013
Last Updated on June 11, 2013
Tags: suicide, broken heart, butterfly, secrets

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blinky light Blinky light

A Poem by Angi


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil