Chlorine Voices

Chlorine Voices

A Poem by Frieda P

My dreams once vibrant as kaleidoscopic views
thought I knew my way to heaven's gate
chlorine  chimera saturated the devils eyes
bleached the color from my hallucinations

Laid to die in a field, burnt umbrage's past history
shadowed doubts annihilated black & white 
rainbows splintered   under  pressured allusions
trapped in mottled spectrum tween gray voices

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is too sad, Frieda. Your description of broken dreams and the color bleached from the world exactly fits the agony of a broken dream, and not necessarily a romantic one. I took a promotion once because I thought it was a good move for my managerial track, but once I was there, I hated it. And I felt as if some giant hand was squeezing my heart; the sunlight lost brightness, and the music ground to a halt. Well-written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here annie lee....



Reviews

I want to know Frieda if you have a Chlorine Wet Dream does it bleed color? Will the flowers in that field find the sun? In all seriousness, the bleaching out of color from dreams is a really cool metaphor and topic to write a poem about. The flow of the piece doesn't jump out at me, but the message is clearly(no pun intended) defined. Cool beans.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Colors to symbolize emotions, black as the obvious and rainbows to symbolize joy; only to have them bleached into a color much too faded: a color too bright to be observed except with the assumption that the feelings are too elated to be true. I feel you capture the shattered soul quite well here, with the dim impulse to grasp firmly onto false hopes and looking past the faults in hopes that said object or person serving as hope will fulfill unrealistic expectations..

Posted 10 Years Ago


chlorine both leaches the color from the palette and poisons the water. such a profound and sad write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This broke my heart, but your words were so beautifully placed

Posted 10 Years Ago


I often wonder how things changed when people could capture the beauty of a rainbow in color. Black and white images could never do justice to a rainbow. Excellent poem, wonderful metaphors. Trace

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Trace, much appreciated.
Powerful poetry and thank you for introducing me to the amazing music. The use of the word chlorine gave strength for the purpose of the poem. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Dax is phenomenal, jazzed you enjoyed both Coyote, thank you.
Chlorine kills, and stings... like broken dreams.... apt analogy, beautifully worded Frieda.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Exactly, thanks muchly Rita....
Out of the blue and into the black...

I was enthralled by the chlorine concept here, and how it invades the colours of our history, leaving only black and white memories...eventually we cling to the grey as our only defence against things we cannot change, for I think we all carry regrets through life, even though we all claim to want none...a vivid and visionary piece Mrs.R :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Haha as long as it makes your smile it's all good Mrs.R ;) xo
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

It did, you know sometimes you forget the great ones, then 'out of the blue' ;-) x
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Haha I hear you ;) x
Considering the variations in my mental state lately, I can easily relate to this. The world is at first dazzling, and then the astringent odor of bleach steals vibrant life, hiding it away. But the beauty is that we have the strength to regain it. Yet it is a sharp pain, the shattered glass of broken dreams. Excellent.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Sorry to hear that Siren, we can share in our misery I guess, isn't that part of poetry...thanks so .. read more
Siren

10 Years Ago

always welcome. and, if we couldn't share in our miseries, there would be very little comfort to be.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Exactly, well said my friend..............x
I hear the oceans's scream and all the mountains shudder as I am transformed into the spirit of this vision. I couldn't dig deeper if I had a shovel. epic on so many levels!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow Queenie, I am truly humbled by your review, thank you!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1149 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 16, 2013
Last Updated on September 17, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..