The Nightmare Manior

The Nightmare Manior

A Chapter by Grace
"

Prepare for some new stuff.

"

Puella was asleep at home after she had dropped off her new crush, she felt like she was a mile high. But she was in a dream, she was surrounded by a pure white void. Puella was dressed in what she was wearing that night, a studded leather jacket with jeans with her favorite shirt with one of her favorite characters saying one of it’s famous lines. But there a few yards away was this old butler. He reminded Puella of Batman’s butler, handlebar mustache, silver hair, white gloves, red bow tie, a little silver cloth over his left forearm, a black vest with a white button down shirt, black slacks and shoes. The only thing that was off putting was a scar that started at his withered cheek and went down his jawline. Puella approached cautiously, still wary of everything around her.

The butler was 6 foot, so he looked down at Puella with scarlet eyes. He showed an emotionless face, but when she approached, his face twitched a little.


“Ah, Hello there Mrs. Chase. My master has been expecting you, if you could please follow me,” He said as he quickly turned around and walked further into the white void. Puella knew this was a dream, so she just wanted to roll with this. Besides, ever since the weird dream she had when she was a kid, she barely had any normal dreams where she could do whatever she wanted. Before her, she saw a gate. It had this swirl texture that was a ghostly blue and red, when in the middle was a spot of purple. The Butler and Puella walked through.


Before them there was a black iron gate leading to a lush garden of roses and other beautiful flowers that Puella couldn’t identify. But the colors were mostly scarlet and other shades of red, strangely enough.Beyond the garden was a Huge castle, it seemed to resemble the Neuschwanstein Castle The skies were clear, pure blue actually. As the Butler approached, the black gates slowly opened, revealing a cobblestone path leading to the two large, deep blue doors. As Puella walked next to the slow paced butler, he seemed to want to break the silence. “I just have one word of advice for you lass, Do whatever he says, and don’t be afraid. You got that,” He said as they both approached, with his scarlet eyes staring into Puella’s soul, spreading fear into her soul. Puella nodded, looking down at the ground. The doors opened, Puella’s eyes darted up. There was a large room before her, it looked like the room you enter at the Beast’s castle from beauty and the beast. There was a red carpet with marble flooring. At the top of the stairs, Puella could see a ghostly figure. She couldn’t see most of the man’s body, but it looked like there was a sword through its torso, and a missing leg. And he was dressed like a pirate captain. Puella shivered.


“Ah! I see you have arrived,” a deep voice with a British accent boomed through the halls.


Puella looked to and fro, there was a tall, skinny man standing where the ghostly figure used to me. He was wearing a black tuxedo, and had a white and gray beard. He bared hands full of gold and silver rings, and one or two golden teeth. He had a jolly smile, it almost lit up this dark manor. He began to step down the stairs, still smiling at Puella. “It is so great to finally meet you, I’ve heard so much about you,” He said as he stepped in front of Puella holding out one large hand. Puella sheepishly held out her hand to shake the big man’s hand. He had a strong grip of twenty men and a thousand gods. It felt like Puella’s hand was going to be squeezed off, and was about to crumple into a million bloody bits onto the clean marble floor. “I-it’s a pleasure, sir,” Puella began as the man released his powerful grip. “But where am I? This is way to realistic for a dream, and who are you? I haven’t seen such a large man since my dad’s boss, but minus the fat. And for that matter, why am I here?” The man’s deep sea blue eyes widened then they squinted, getting ready for a powerful, jolly laugh. The heart chilling sound echoed through the castle almost like a roar from a lion. “You’re in the World of Sleep my lass! The place between unconsciousness and conciseness, a limbo,” He said with a giggle as he put his hands behind his back. “As for your other questions, I am the Nightmare Lord. But I’m not as scary as it sounds, I can promise you that much my dear. I have selected you to be my apprentice for when I simply move onto the next life, for you see… I’m dying!”


Puella wasn’t sure to make heads or tails of this, her reality was bending and twisting before her eyes. This man was describing something that was impossible, beyond what she believed. “Dying? What do you mean, sir,” She asked, asking for more clarification. The man’s eyes began to glow, Puella felt a strange chill upon her. His eyes lowered and he nodded at his butler that was still in this grand hall. Puella looked to the Butler, he nodded back, with his eyes lowered to the floor. “We will discuss this during dinner, you seem to need a new pair of clothes. Your clothing are quite odd in this world to us,” The Nightmare Lord said turning his back and walking down to the right to a dark hallway, Puella noticed a floating candle that appeared out of nowhere to lead the Lord’s way. The Butler raised his head, and he tapped Puella’s shoulder. Puella looked to him, his eyes showed a sign of relief that his master left. As if it was an eternity that the three of them talked. “I will lead you to the Wardrobe, you can dress yourself there,” He said with a sigh as he began to walk up the stairs, not missing a single step. Puella wearily followed, still confused on where she was, and if she even had a choice or not. The butler did not bother looking back to Puella to see if she was caught up, as if he only cared for the objective. They reached the top and they took a left down a dark hallway. In front of them, Puella saw a ghostly apparition of a candle light up and lead them down the hallway. It was as if a unknown force was holding up the candle. Puella saw many iron doors as they passed through the hallway, as if this was a prison. Puella and The Butler finally reached a Black Iron door, it had a silver handle and there was a wooden sign above it that simply said ‘Wardrobe’.


The Butler opened the door for Puella, signaling her to go inside. Puella walked in, and the door slammed behind her. Puella saw racks on racks of clothing floating in air.


To Puella’s surprise, she saw the ghost again. This time, he was browsing through clothing. Trying to try jacket’s on, but sadly they passed through him whenever he tried to put one on. So there was a pile of jackets beside the mirror. He quickly darted his vision over to Puella, as if shocked that she came in. Puella fell on her butt, she had slipped on the red silk carpet. The Pirate Captain seemed concerned. He floated over and he held out on of his bullet holed hands, trying to help Puella up. When he tried grabbing her, his hand went through her. Puella tried standing up, she felt her weight making her legs wobble. “Are you okay,” Puella heard the pirate say in a whisper, a cold wind blew onto Puella’s face. “Y-yes, I’m sorry for interrupting what you were doing,” Puella said with a nervous stutter, worried that the spirit was upset. The Spirit showed a small smile, it was almost painful to look at. Puella didn’t know why. “It’s fine Young Lady, I don’t really have much to do anymore. The most excitement I get is when my son transforms his failed apprentices,” He said sadly with a sign as he faced the mirror. The mirror began to grow front from the edges, sadly he couldn’t see a reflection of himself. Puella was shocked, she knew that the spirit was talking about The Nightmare Lord. Puella also knew that she got a bad feeling about this Manor as soon as she stepped inside, things were just too perfect. The Ghost faced her again. “And I’m guessing you don’t want to be turned into a abomination, so I will help you,” The Pirate said as he walked through a rack of clothing. Puella approached the rack of cold clothing and peeked through, the Pirate looked out the window. The sun was down and the moon was out and shining over the land. Puella appeared to be on a small island, and there was a dock with two row boats tied to a post in the water. “Why, he’s your son,” Puella asked, she understood parenting. Her dad struggled everyday to take care of me, my ill mother, and to just get the bills paid. It was so bad that I had to get a part time job. The Man turned, with a depressing look in his eye. “That boy is not my son anymore, he has turned himself into Lucifer himself. It was my fault for even bringing him to the World of Sleep. It’s time for me to repay my long lasting enemy by bringing back his Marked Apprentice,” He said as he faced Puella, pointing to her left wrist. Puella suddenly felt a burning sensation where her blood vessels were, out of pain, she raised her wrist to her face. She saw a green light, it was forming a green circle with an arrow driving through it. It glowed for a minute, then it just formed a green tattoo. Puella was hyperventilating, she tried to use her right hand to wipe it off. It stayed, Puella felt her mind melting, she didn’t want to become a monster. Puella hated humans, but she didn’t want people to be afraid of her because of her appearance. “Get in one of those cloaks, I’ll bring you to the dock,” He said as he unlatched the window and a huge breeze pushed some racks back to the brick wall. Puella nodded and she looked through the rack she was peeking through. She saw a few fur jackets, then she saw a cape with a white fur surface with a high collar. Puella grabbed it and threw it over her back and buttoned it. There was pounding on the door, the Butler must have been concerned about how long Puella was in there. The Pirate captain Grabbed Puella by the cloths and he flew out of the window, behind them she could hear the door slam open. Below her was a dead black forest that had a rotting smell from there above the trees.

The Pirate captain went to the tree line and set Puella on her feet. “You don’t have much time. Get in one of the boats and I’ll give you a strong gust of wind to push you across the lake,” He said in a deep whisper as he pushed Puella along. She rushed down the dock and she untied one of the ropes from the post, she jumped into a boat and picked up a row. Puella looked behind her, The Pirate captain Was inhaling deeply and prepared for a strong gust of wind. There was a strong gust of wind behind Puella it pushed her so fast it was like a large current of wind, and lake water were the strength of a thousand man army. She saw the coast of land, it was a white beach with more dead black trees. She began to row through the thick water, the boat was slowing down and she was afraid that someone was going to capture her again.


The tiny boat beached itself onto shore, Puella jumped out and she dashed into the woods. She heard heavy footsteps behind her, she was more concerned about not tripping. She began passing normal tree’s she felt she was safe from the reaches of evil. Then she tripped over a root from another tree and began rolling down a hill.

She fell on her face, she looked up. She was in a clearing. She looked up. There was a open night sky, but there were giant humanoid silhouette from the two moons in the sky. Puella threw up her arms and she began waving them down and yelling for them, afraid that those people were still chasing her down.

Puella felt cold and wet hands grab her arms, she turned. It was the Butler, he was soaking wet and his arms had turned into black liquid talons.

“I don’t want to do this you know, but my master commands it. I’m sorry,” He said with sad glowing scarlet red eyes as he let go of Puella’s left arm and raised his hand towards the sky. A black oily dagger formed in his palm, it was the end for Puella.

There was a sound of metal on metal. Puella looked back, there was a sword that cut off the Butler’s other hand. The sword seemed to be held by a cloaked figure. This figure was 7 feet tall, and Puella couldn’t see they’re face. The Butler stumbled back the hand turned into a puddle and it crawled towards The Butler as if it was alive. He scowled and he growled. “Fine! Don’t you grovel before my Master’s feet when he finally captures you. You’ll be finished,” He shouted as he ran back into the dead forest, Puella never felt so glad to see another stranger.

She turned to the stranger, they were staring into the forest.

“Thank you so much stranger, I don’t know what could have happened to me,” Puella proclaimed with a sigh of relief. The Person pulled back they’re hood, she was surprised to see a somewhat familiar face. It was Ira from all of those years ago, she looked at Puella as if she was a stranger, that’s because she was. Ira just thought she was a stupid human. “Better be, show me those wrists. Or I’ll cut them off,” She threatened as she pointed her sword to Puella’s face. Puella quickly rolled up her sleeves and showed them to her.

Ira’s eyes stuck to Puella’s left wrist, Ira grabbed her left arm and she looked at the new tattoo closer. She smelled it. She squinted. “Brand new, I’m not staying out here forever,” Ira said as she let go and she put the sword back in it’s sheath. Ira scooped Puella up like a princess, and those familiar wings shot out from out of the cloak.


The flight was so nostalgic for Puella, even though it was a little strange. She enjoyed every minute of it. Ira and Puella were on a cliff side where the house was, they landed in front of it and Ira dropped Puella on the soft dirt. “You know the drill shorty, get up,” Ira said after an hour of silence. Puella was awestruck, after all this time she knew who Puella was?!  

“Hey, why didn't you tell me you knew me?! I remember you, and it's kinda rude to ignore people,” Puella said as she got on her knees and put her small hands on her sides. Ira just stared down on her, and continued to enter the large house. Puella felt like this whole situation was an outrageous predicament. She was told that she was gonna learn under this awesome guy, but then it turned out that he was some kind of insane monster. So now we have to see this other guy that Puella had never met. So in other words, she was quite salty. Ira opened the door and she crouched inside. Puella followed behind her, a wave of refreshing warmth hit her body. They walked through The store front and through the door that Puella had always wondered what was behind for all of these years. The thing that had been itching at her soul, she didn’t want to show her curiosity with others, she didn’t crave friendship. She wanted to understand what she saw that night, she wanted to understand why her only true friends left her in her most desperate moments. Why Everything she had known had betrayed her, all Puella had was her stories, music, and her time ticking away. This was all she had left. Ira turned a few latches and she knocked on the wooden door. A muffled voice came from the other side, and Ira opened the door. There was a dark chamber, it looked like a study. Puella walked in and the door closed behind her, beside the door was a coat rack. She took off the cloak and hung it on the rack that was collecting dust besides from the white top hat and coat. “What is it, can’t you see I’m reading these Lucid Dream reports,” A Old voice said in a British accent. There sat the man, his shirt was unbuttoned, and his tie was loosely done. His hair was turning gray at his sideburns. There were bags under his eyes, and there were a few stacks of papers in front of him at the dark oak desk. There was a roaring fire behind him, giving the room more atmosphere. “Father, I brought The Marked Apprentice,” Ira said as she pushed Puella in front of her. The man paused, he set the piece of paper down and looked up a Puella. His eyes were a light green, he looked at Puella for a few long moments. He removed his monocle from his left eye and he set it on the desk.

“Do you know why your here, Puella,” He asked as he folded his rough hands in front of him on the desk. Puella jumped, she had only arrived in this world a few hours ago, she didn’t know. All she knew was that there was a purpose here for her.

“I don’t know sir, This world is so alien to me,” Puella replied honestly and she held her hands behind her back. The man held his folded hands in front of his chin, still looking at Puella.

“You were sent here to follow in my footsteps, Bring peace to the unconscious minds of the world, bring scientists with inspiration and wonder about the universe, give artists an image to paint upon a canvas. Give the most humble people of the world meaning. You, Puella. Are going to train to become A Dream Lord,” He said with a deep, tired huff. Puella was still confused, how would she do this, was this man to be trusted?


“I don’t understand, what makes me so special? I’m just a high schooler,” Puella asked. The man pulled out from his desk and he stood up with his hands on the desk littered with papers.

“I know everything about you, you often contemplate suicide, your diagnosed with depression. Everyone you know is either scared of you or hates you because you once beat up a person that was physically and mentally hurting a new kid that was gay. And ever since you’ve contemplated why your still in that town, and who you should actually love,” The man began as he pushed his arms up from the desk and he walked around to stand in front of Puella. He was 6 foot, he couldn’t compare to Ira. But to Puella he was a giant. “And from what I’m seeing what has happened tonight with your new ‘Friend’, your feelings are becoming more complex. And for you, there will be a lot of consequences. Am I wrong Mrs. Chase?” Puella was stunned, he was 100% right. She couldn’t speak. “The only reason your here is that I have no other options, and nothing more. Tomorrow night we’ll explain more of this, it seems that you have to go,” He said as he turned his back to Puella and he stared at the fireplace. Puella didn’t know what he meant. But then she woke up.



© 2018 Grace


Author's Note

Grace
Honest as possible please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on August 8, 2018
Last Updated on August 8, 2018
Tags: #Weirdfiction, #fantasy, #adventure, #new, #rad


Author

Grace
Grace

About
I like to write fantasy, weird fiction, and other genres! And I hope to share my stories with you guys, so keep a look out. more..

Writing
Prolauge Prolauge

A Chapter by Grace


The Begining The Begining

A Chapter by Grace