The New Day, A New Life

The New Day, A New Life

A Chapter by Grace
"

How will Amelie and Puella's relationship go from here?

"

Puella was eating her breakfast, which consisted of black coffee with creamer and an English muffin. She was trying to piece together what her dream even meant that night, or even if any of it was just her imagination. She found out that morning that there was a scar that morning that resembled the tattoo on her left wrist. So Puella has been thinking that it was real, but that also could have been a coincidence. There was a knock at the front door, Puella almost jumped. She got up from the dark brown arm chair by her dad’s office, and she entered. To her left was the door, and the right was her fathers computer and other paperwork for his job. Puella walked towards the door and opened it. There on Puella’s porch was Amelie, she was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a brown vest and jeans. She looked tired, like it was 1 in the morning and she had to drive for 5 hours. Based of Puella’s knowledge, Amelie was still this shape shifting blood sucker known by many as a vampire, Apparently.

Puella rubbed her face, and settled her eyes to to bright sunlight. “Nice to see you, I didn’t expect you to be up this early,” Puella remarked as she leaned on the door frame. Puella was wearing a blue tank top, black shorts. This was her sleep wear, she didn’t exactly want to show off her ghost white skin to others, and the bags under her eyes. But that was fine. At least her short black hair was presentable. “I was think on getting breakfast, I thought maybe that you’d like to talk,” Amelie said as she ran her hands through her thick brown hair. Puella was still starving, Puella was known as a bottomless pit when it came to breakfast food. Not to mention that the girl she kissed last night inviting her, it was kinda rude not to go. Puella smiled and she crossed her arms.


Puella got ready, she was wearing a red flannel, a black beanie, and some shorts. They were sitting in Kathy's Corner Cafe, it was the only place in the village that served any food other than the pizzeria across the street. That, and Puella didn’t want to drive to Albany for breakfast. They were looking through the menu and deciding what they wanted. Puella didn’t know what to say, Amelie was just silently sipping coffee while looking down at the Menu. Puella knew this Menu by heart, and she was just planning on their Bacon and Eggs with toast.

It was too late for conversation, a middle aged waiter walked over with a pen and tiny notebook.

“What would you two like to order,” He said in a southern accent with a big withered smile on his face.

Amelie set down her Menu and she waved her hand in front of the man's face, it looked like he was seeing the universe in seconds. “Okay, Bacon and Eggs with a side of toast and one Slice of Apple pie, on the house for you ladies,” The man said as if he was trying to do a robot impression and it was disastrously bad. He walked away, Puella was awe struck. She wasn’t trying to hide it in front of her, she just felt as ease doing it. Her eyes weren’t darting back and forth, rubbing her body nervously, just simply content like she had done this a thousand times before. It was Puella who was looking around the diner and being nervous. She almost forgot what she was going to say when she just remembered that Amelie wasn’t a normal girl. Puella was hoping that this was why she was so amazing. The interaction over just a few hours was amazing, it was like Amelie was treating Puella like a normal girl. But the kiss, Puella still had her mind on that. She was sure she was straight that night, but coming back from the party she was a completely person. Puella didn’t care that her EX was with the most evil person in her village, she was actually happy for the first time in years. Puella felt her age again, like she was at the peak of her life and she had all of this time to spend on stupid things that she was going to remember forever.


“I know you’re confused from last night, so I wanted to bring you here to apologize,” Amelie began looked down at her hands,  as if she was ashamed. “I didn’t want you to question yourself, and that night you seemed very distressed. You were only trying to help and I was just being pig headed.” Puella was shocked, she didn’t really care about that. But she did wonder what everyone at school would say. It’d be just like middle school all over again, and she’d have to start all over again. She wanted to explore these feelings with Amelie, she was a great person even though she wasn’t human.

“So what,” Puella asked as she reached for Amelie’s large hands. Amelie shot her eyes up to her. Amelie looked offended, Puella was worried that what she said was wrong. “So what, you could get hurt with me. Anyone that has ever been with me regardless of the relationship has gotten hurt numerous times. And I’d hate for you to get hurt, or worse! I don’t want that with such a kind hearted person,” Amelie said, almost yelling. But she lowered her voice so the few people in the diner could barely hear her.


Puella knew what she meant, both emotionally and literally. She was a creature that was thought to be long since dead for centuries, and there were probably still creeps still hunting after her. That, and she knew that being gay and closeted in a small town was a living town. But Puella just felt that none of that mattered, like she had nothing to lose in this situation. All of her friends were scared of her, and everyone at school hated her. So what could she possibly lose, that was nothing to lose. Puella needed something more than the occasional D&D, and the Parks and Recreation on Netflix to binge for the 100th time. It was time for Puella to start a new adventure.


“Look, Amelie. I’ve already decided, I have nothing to lose. And ever since last night I wanted to get to know you better, and I don’t care what happens to me at this point.” Amelie looked at Puella in shock, it was like she had never heard such an honest answer before.

She gave Puella a nervous smile, her tired eyes looking that the both of their hands that are intertwined like vines. Puella realized she made this weird and she let go and she stuck them to her sides.  

“Look, this isn’t like a Twilight Romance. This is real, you can’t imagine the countless things that can hurt you. And I don’t want it to be all my fault, I don't want another thing to blame myself for,” Amelie said with a sad look in her eyes as she gazed down at her coffee. Puella couldn’t bare seeing anyone upset because of her, she felt kind of guilty.

“Then blame it on me,” Puella began. Amelie widened her eyes, and looked up from the tiny coffee mug. “I may know jack s**t about anything about these many things that can kill me, but I can learn. And it's my own damn fault if I get hurt. Don’t forget that I scared off those creepy guys from last night.” Amelie chuckled, she gave Puella a heartwarming smile.

“Okay then, so what do we do now,” Amelie said as brought her hands back onto the table and folded them.

Puella didn’t exactly think this through, but she knew that she wanted to do something with her. But she never gave it much thought. She didn’t want to make in obvious, so she just spat out the next greatest thing off the top of her head.

“I was thinking on going hiking.” As soon as that sentence escaped her mouth, she regretted saying it in the first place. She heard of many of peoples first dates go wrong this way, and it was one of the best ways to dispose of a body. Puella didn’t want a bad date, or have Amelie think that Puella was a creep, let alone a hippie at best.

But seeing Amelie's face gave Puella a small spark of hope.

Amelie seemed excited, her gray eyes lit up. And she showed a fanged smile. Puella didn’t know why this was, because Puella was probably the only youth in her town that still enjoyed the outdoors.


They both finished breakfast and started driving towards Stony Brook State Park. This State park is famous for its countless waterfalls, and great hiking trails for adults and children alike. The reason why Puella choose this park was probably a swimming area you have to hike to, there weren’t any kids around this time of year, and there was a lot of sentimental value to the park in general. So It was perfect.

For the whole ride there, Amelie was trying to contain her excitement. She was like a little kid after they’re parents said they were going to Disney World, this was honestly very cute to watch.

As soon as they pulled into the parking lot, Amelie jumped out and ran past the kids playground. Puella freaked out, now this was starting to worry her. No one can be that excited about a park, not even a possible demon. Puella jumped out and she locked the car behind her. She ran past the playground to see that Amelie was playing with a Red tailed hawk that was on a post. The bird seemed very happy with Amelie’s affection, it was even smiling and squawking happily. There was a couple with a baby passing by giving her strange a strange look. Puella to her side. “A-Amelie, be careful! That’s a wild bird,” Puella said, panicked. Amelie looked over, with an eyebrow raised. “Don’t worry about it, I’m acquainted with the Hawks in this area. They’re actually friendly when you get to know them,” Amelie said as she slowly brought me closer. The Bird moved its large eyes towards Puella. Puella never really liked birds, they kinda creeped her out. They remind her a lot of raptors that can tear her apart any minute. The bird didn’t seem interested anymore, so it shrieked and it flapped its enormous wings and flew towards the trees. Puella was still terrified, she felt like screaming into a pillow. She hadn’t been that close to a bird in years. Not after a traumatic experience at the Rochester Zoo, she almost felt her chest scar throbbing. She gripped her shirt. The sound of Amelie’s voice brought her back from her trance.

Amelie had a worried look on her face, as if she had done something wrong.

“Don’t worry about it, let's just start our hike,” Puella said as if she had shook it off. She didn’t want to think about it, and Amelie didn’t need to worry about it.


They were enjoying they’re hike, but it was almost night fall and people were heading back. I had a flashlight with me, so Puella could walk back easily in the dark. Puella wasn’t sure about Amelie, cause the was pretty much a bat demon. So she was probably fine. They were approaching the waterfall that was the supposed swimming spot, there were large rocks so people could jump into deep area where the waterfall ended. It was the ideal swimming spot away from people.


“This is the spot right,” Amelie asked as she pointed at the large waterfall. “Sure is, remember to be careful-,” Puella said, before she even finished the word careful. Amelie jogged towards the pool of natural water and began stripping down to her underwear. She jumped in and began to swim around, Puella was a bit worried at first. But then she remembered that there was pretty much no one else around. So she started stripping as well. Puella gathered up her, and Amelie’s cloths and placed them close to where they were swimming. She jumped in and swam close to Amelie. She was splashing around and playing under the waterfall. Puella has never seen person so happy in water. “You seem quite content,” Puella remarked as she swam over to her. “Ya! I love the water, ever since I was-,” She said in a squeak, but then she cut herself off for a long moment. “Ever since I was a human.” She swam over to a rock and she pulled herself up to sit on the edge with her feet still kicking in the water. Puella grew concerned, she never thought someone like her was bothered by something like this.

Puella swam to her side and she pulled herself up to sit beside her. “Are you-,” Puella started, but Amelie sighed. “I just miss being human, I know it's only been a short time for me. But I just miss doing the simple things. Like going to the movies without hearing everyone thinking so much, being able to do arm wrestling without breaking someone’s hand, not being a monster,” Amelie said sadly as she looked up at the moon lit sky. Puella looked at Amelie’s hands, they were gripping the rock. Pebbles were falling out of her hands and dropping into the water. “Well, think about the good things,” Puella said softly, Amelie darted her gaze over to Puella. “I mean, you can fly, you can save a lot of money on Halloween costumes, mind control people, and you can probably use your x-ray vision to see if any food in the store is over they’re expiration date. It’s nice in some situations.”

Amelie hugged her, Puella almost fell into the water but she steadied herself. “I have no idea why your so kind to me, I showed you my true form. But you wanted to be with me anyway, I don’t even understand,” Amelie said as she held Puella as gently as she could, trying not to crush her. Puella was surprised that she wasn’t that obvious about this, whenever she really liked someone she tried to hide it. But eventually her feelings would just show way too much. “Well, I find a partner who is honest to be quite charming. If they are honest with me about something like that, then they must be a good person. I haven’t had a true friend like that in a long time, let alone a romantic partner. Having a person like you around is refreshing to me,” Puella said, looking down at the water again. Amelie pulled away and looked up at Puella, her eyes were wide. She seemed almost glad. “D-do you really mean that,” Amelie asked, she had goosebumps. The night air was getting to her. “Ya, you can tell if I’m lying or not if you wanted to,” Puella said with a chuckle, she wormed her way out of Amelie’s arms and she walked towards the cloths. She grabbed the bundle and walked towards Amelie. “Do you want to head home,” Puella asked as she held out a hand to Amelie.



© 2018 Grace


Author's Note

Grace
Honestly is the best policy!
No Seriously, don't lie.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on August 9, 2018
Last Updated on August 9, 2018
Tags: #Weirdfiction, #fantasy, #adventure, #new, #rad, #LBGT, #romance


Author

Grace
Grace

About
I like to write fantasy, weird fiction, and other genres! And I hope to share my stories with you guys, so keep a look out. more..

Writing
Prolauge Prolauge

A Chapter by Grace


The Begining The Begining

A Chapter by Grace