What now?

What now?

A Chapter by Grace
"

Choose your avatar!

"

Puella had gone to sleep at her place after the swimming, brief flight to the car, and a long drive back home.


As she dozed off however, she found herself on a leather couch under some comfortable fur covers. She didn’t know why this was. But she opened her eyes to find three familiar faces. The faces that she had about from the dream the night before.  

The Strange man was now fully dressed, Ira was sipping out of a mug, and Pulchra was rubbing her eyes while looking at a folded piece of paper. It was as Puella thought, there was no escape.

Puella sat up quickly and looked around. She was in the same clothing store, but it was just at the crack of dawn by the looks of the light coming from the windows.


“H-how am I here? I can’t have the same dream twice in a row,” Puella said leaning over, holding her head in her hands.


“Puella, this is not a dream. You are in a limbo that is in between unconsciousness and consciousness. You, are in The World of Dreams. I know you are confused, but we will do whatever it takes for you to understand,” The man said as he walked towards a window, he had a corn pipe in his mouth, he was preparing for smoking.


“But I don’t get it, how am I still here,” Puella asked while raising her head. Pulchra seemed like she wanted to say something, but Ira beat her to it.

“Well, you could’ve had a chance to get out of here. But the second night you arrived keeps you tied here, on a count that you were marked by The Guardian,” Ira said as she sat by Puella’s feet.


“What's that,” Puella asked, suddenly remembering that she was now in more of an alien world than before. “They are a divine figure of this world. They are somewhat similar to Dream lords, but they’re more like a wise sage to give both sides advice when there’s nowhere to go,” Ira said as she took a long sip of the hot liquid inside. “Anyway, I’m not going to answer all of your questions. So you can either go into my study and grab a book. Or ask one of my two girls, its up to you,” The Middle aged man huffed as she finally lit his pipe and he walked back towards the study.


“W-wait,” Puella said, he paused at his door.


“What should I call you, sir,” Puella asked as she got out of the warm covers and she sat up. He hesitated, thinking on it. “Sir is fine for now.” He opened the door and he walked back into the dark room, as soon as he closed it behind him, Pulchra sat beside Puella. “So, what now,” Puella asked as she looked to the two humanoids.


Ira stood up and looked down at Puella, even when she was surrounded by humanoid beings she felt like a midget.


“I think we should first get you a new change of attire, I don’t know what you humans wear in your world. But you like ridiculous to most people here. So me and my sister here are gonna help you out,” Ira said as she turned towards the clothing racks and started scanning for clothing.


Pulchra’s Wine colored eyes lit up, she stood up and she rushed to the clothing racks like there was no tomorrow. She darted up and down the line of clothes, looking for a perfect match.


To Puella, she didn’t really care. Just as long as she looked good, and it wasn’t a dress. So she watched the two creatures look for the combination to make her new look in this new look.


Ira grabbed a white tunic from the rack and some baggy light brown pants, it was the standard look for a LARP. (Live Action Role Play) Why did Puella know this, she had done this for a few years now. Not vary often though, but she knew enough about costuming.


Pulchra rushed to the study door and she turned the latches, it appeared that this door was magical. Because in place of the study, there was now a walk in wardrobe filled with dresses and nice shoes. She looked around for a few seconds, then she grabbed a black and white maid uniform. Pulchra rushed over, Ira noticed this and she stood in front of me to show Puella what she had brought her. Beside from the tunic and pants, she saw a black cloth band.


“What’s that,” Puella asked as she held up the cloth in front of her to get a better look at it.


Ira gave Puella a look, the kind of look that you give that one person in your friend group that isn’t exactly the wisest person you have ever met.


“That’s a bra, don’t you have those in your world,” Ira asked as she grabbed it and she had a look at it. Puella wasn’t sure if she should even be talking about this with her. “Well, it's just they look different in our world. I just wasn’t sure if they even had them here,” Puella said shyly.


Pulchra pushed Ira over and looked extremely excited to show the beautiful dress. “What about this one? I bet that you could look great in this,” She said as she held it up to Puella’s face quite forcefully about it. Puella looked at the two outfits. It was a shame she already decided. “I like Ira’s better, you can run around in it without worrying about it getting dirty. And I feel like the Maid uniform wouldn’t work that well. All I think I need is something to go with the outfit for it to stand out a little more,” Puella said as she grabbed the uniform and folded it nicely beside her. Pulchra looked kinda sad, but Ira looked like she just won a contest.

And so they both went back to looking for the next articles of clothing, Puella had never had siblings.

But she knew that this was quite a sibling rivalry. Ira was already back with a studded leather cloak, Puella was a punk. But she wasn’t that hard core.

But then Pulchra came out with something interesting. It looked like a scarlet pirate jacket, it was decorated with bronze and gold swirls. The cuffs around the sleeves were gold colored, and the collar went up. Puella walked towards the tall Humanoid and threw it on, it had weight to it. But it was the perfect fit.


“Is there a dressing room,” Puella asked the both of the creatures. They looked to each other in shock, it was as if this coat was something rather special.


“Y-you can go into the wardrobe,” Ira said as she walked over to the armchair in the corner and sat down. It was way to small for her, so her knees were up to her face. And her arms were wrapped around her legs. Puella nodded, and she pulled the coat off and put it around her arm. She walked over to the couch and grabbed the rest of the cloths. Strutted towards the door and closed it behind her.


She got dressed and she looked at the mirror on the wall, she looked like a very interesting looking pirate. She wasn’t sure why this was, but she liked her new look. She was hoping to find out more about this world. But now wasn’t the time. She could hear murmurs outside the door, she didn’t like interrupting any conversations regardless of the the importance. But, she couldn’t stay in there forever.


She entered the room, Pulchra and Ira were having a heated up conversation, they looked pretty angry at each other. They looked to Puella with awe.


“You look wonderful, Puella! I knew that the jacket would look great on you,” Pulchra said as she walked over and had a closer look at her new outfit. Ira stood up, she had this sadness in her eyes. Like the coat reminded her of something. She shook it off and approached Puella


“So now that that’s done, how about finding out your weapon,” Ira said as she approached Puella with a small smirk. She walked past them, she closed the door and turned the latches one last time. She opened the door to reveal a new room once again. This room was a poorly lit room, but Puella saw the shining off metallic surfaces. Pulchra and Puella followed in behind her. Ira snapped her fingers, suddenly candle sticks lit up around the room. There were suits of armor on display, swords and many other weapons on display. Puella was in awe, she had never seen so many weapons in person. Let alone real ones.


She approached a suit of armor, it had a half gold sun on the chest, a metal collar on both sides, a roman helmet, a golden cape that drape over the shoulders, and the rest seemed like chainmail. “That came from a Dragon’s lair when Father went to make a peace treaty between Dragons And Succubi, it was a gift from the Dragons,” Ira said as she proudly looked upon the piece of shining history. Puella turned to Ira. “So there’s dragon’s in this world,” Puella asked, Ira bowed her head and slowly closed her large eyes. “They are hard to come by now, most of them were slayed by Dreamers and The Nightmare Lord. I was told they were beautiful beings.” Pulchra was right behind her, she seemed to want to change the subject.

“S-so then! Let’s look at some weapons and test them out, I bet you’d be a wonderful Staff user,” Pulchra said nervously, pointing to a staff with a hook on the end that represented a sheepherders walking stick. Ira snapped out of the trance once again, she stepped in front of Puella. “No way, you’d definitely go for a mace. Hard hitting, and can shatter a chest plate easily,” Ira said as she walked up to a rack and she held up a Spiked Mace with a silver handle. Puella didn’t exactly like the sound of any of them, she walked down the hall. She noticed a huge mallet, it was a lot like those mallets you see at carnivals that is used for the test your strength sort of thing. It was the side of her, the head was half of her side.


Puella thought it would be wild to try it out, she walked up to it and grabbed it with both hands. She immediately fell over, the huge hammer was pinning her down on the floor. Pulchra gasped, Ira rushed over and pulled the hammer off of Puella’s body. “Ya, I don’t think your ready for this weapon. This one is more of my speed,” Ira said as she leaned in on her shoulder. Puella got to her feet and she brushed off the dirt and dust. She looked to the end of the hall, there she saw something that was not what she was looking for. But it would definitely work for her. It was a A Coffin Shield the side of  Most of her Body, and a One Handed Sword. Puella trotted over to get a closer look. The Shield had a red cross with the background was white, the sword was an Arming Sword, the butt of the sword had a face of a lion, the grip was a grippy black material, the hilt was straight Black Iron, and the sheath was a shiny metal with a belt strapping it to the side. Puella grabbed the shield carefully and she held the handle with her left hand. She reached for the sword, put the belt around the waist band on the pants. Puella turned towards Ira and Puchra. They both seemed pretty happy with Puella’s Decision. “Wonderful, Something that’s safe,” Pulchra said as she approached Puella with her hands intertwined with one another. Ira sighed, and she stood beside her. “Nice, while you hide behind your shield you can slice at they’re legs,” Ira said with a laugh as she pat Puella on the back. “Now then, Let's get out there and do some sparing,” Ira said as she turned back towards the door, Pulchra Grabbed a Bow and a Quiver of Arrows and followed her out. Puella Trotted out with a skip in her step.


They found a clearing not far from the shop, there were a few small dirt mounds you could trip on, but it was pretty good place to Spar.


“Okay, If you get three hits on you, your out. Last one with least hits wins,” Ira said as she held the huge mallet with two hands with the head facing the ground. Pulchra Readied her arrows, Puella didn’t exactly want to get hurt so she decided to say something.


“Wait, I don’t want to hurt you guys. Let alone myself,” Puella said quickly as Pulchra knocked in an arrow.                         


“Don’t worry, we put a spell around your body that protects you from our attacks,” Ira shouted over to Puella.  Puella got back in her position, the shield was surprisingly light. So she hold the shield in front of her by pointing the end towards Ira, she was kinda confused by this. But this was for a purpose. It was to hide how you were moving your sword so the enemy couldn’t see coming. Puella started moving in, Pulchra circled Puella. Ira looked like she was getting ready for at the legs, she jumped. The Head swung under her, as soon as she landed back on the ground she hit one of her strong shoulder the sword bounced off. One hit down. She Noticed this and she rushed into Puella. She flew back and skidded across the field. As Puella was getting up, one of Pulchra’s arrows hit her in the chest. The Arrow flew off and tumbled in the green grass. Puella got back up, she had two hits. But she thought that maybe She’d have more luck with going for Pulchra. She ran towards her with a stager in her step. Pulchra panicked, Puella swung her sword down on her. It hit her bow, one hit. She thrust in between the string and bows wooden arch. Another hit. She swung once again. Pulchra was out. It was too easy.


Puella felt something strike her back. She looked behind her. It was Ira that had strucken her, she stumbled forward and fell into the soft ground. “Your good, but not good enough,” Ira said with a smirk on her alien face. “Now let’s practice on blocking and counter attacks.”



© 2018 Grace


Author's Note

Grace
Nothing much to say here, you know what I said from the last chapters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on August 9, 2018
Last Updated on August 9, 2018
Tags: #Weirdfiction, #fantasy, #adventure, #new, #rad, #LBGT, #romance


Author

Grace
Grace

About
I like to write fantasy, weird fiction, and other genres! And I hope to share my stories with you guys, so keep a look out. more..

Writing
Prolauge Prolauge

A Chapter by Grace


The Begining The Begining

A Chapter by Grace