The Preposial

The Preposial

A Chapter by Grace
"

It's not what you think, Puella doesn't know Amelie that well. Also read chapters before this one if your new here.

"

Amelie wasn’t sure what to say. She only thought that Dream Lords were a thing of myth, a story told to scared children that woke up from nightmares. Amelie wasn’t sure what to think of Puella now, she has been so kind to her for the past month, and her thoughts were quite positive about her. “How did you, when did you-,” Amelie stuttered, grabbing the chunk in her wing that was bitten during the fight with Böcek. “There’s no time for this, my Dad is working on the roof and is probably wondering what all that noise was. And I’d rather not tell my dad something that sounds as far fetched as being some sort of other worldly Apprentice. So your story is that you just came back from a fancy Restaurant with your grandma, and you are ready to help us work on the roof,”Puella said quickly as possible, putting her dagger back in her sheath. She pulled up her left sleeve so it was covered again. The Mark was faintly glowing, slowly fading out as if it wasn’t there. Amelie Folded her huge wings and the wings seemed to fade into the body. Puella rushed up the stairs, and Amelie followed her close behind. Distant sounds of wood shifting and hammering came from the roof. Puella opened the hatch and had a big nervous grin that spread across her face. “Hey Dad, sorry that took so long! Amelie just came back and she knocked over a few things and some of the stuff fell on her. So I had to help her out a bit,” Puella lied, as she climbed out of the hatch and climbed onto the roof. Amelie grabbed the edges of the hatch and pulled herself up onto the dry and hot roof top. Puella’s Father looked rather terrifying. He was a short man like Puella, but he looked quite different compared to her. He had a bad sunburn that made him look like a wrinkly tomato. He had these wrinkled that make him look like he was older than his real age. And he had thin dark brown hair, it was as if he started to bald. He set down a hammer and he held out one of his dirty, sweaty hands. Amelie shook his hand, it was like shaking the tentacles of a squid. Firm and slimy. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr.Chase,” Amelie said with a friendly grin. His eyes were eyeing Amelie head to foot, as if it was an interview for a job. He nodded, and he forced a smile. “Yes, I’ve heard a lot about you,” He said as he let go and he picked up his hammer again and started hammering down on a loose nail. Puella nodded and she got back on her knees and picked up a ball pein hammer and grabbed a nail to begin hammering down a plank.


They worked till Magic hour, Small clouds covered the sun, but light split through the cloud with ease. Making the cloud look like it had the rainbows colors. This was most likely because of the evaporated water in the cloud, making those colors. The colors around the cloud was a shade of yellow, slowly fading into green, then to a dark shade of purple. And stars began to show up in the sky above them. They had finished, and they were looking out at the beautiful sight. “I’m happy that you guys came up, you really help out with this,” Amelie declared, happy that no rain will get into her living space anymore. “Well, I gotta help a fellow classmate. Then what kind of person would I be,” Puella said, looking over to Amelie with loving eyes. Amelie slid her hand to meet Puell’s left hand. Her hand was warm, Puella’s skin felt soft to the touch. Like a child's skin almost. Amelie and Puella’s hand intertwined, it felt like they were both connected spiritually.


Amelie still had questions, but she couldn’t ask now. Not in front of her Father, and Amelie wanted to make a good impression. And speaking of  nonsense wasn’t going to help it. Puella’s Father crawled over to the hatch to open it and he jumped down, Puella noticed this and she followed behind him, Amelie was confused.


“Where are you going?”


Puella turned around and she frowned sadly at Amelie,


“We gotta go, Dad was supposed to make dinner an hour ago. And I have to help him out,” Puella said, kneeling over the hatch, explaining her situation. Amelie was hoping for some time to talk about all of this, but apparently this wasn’t the case. Puella noticed her distress, and she slid over a little closer. She cupped her face with her right hand, quite gently. “Hey, don’t worry. We’ll talk about what you saw, we’ll talk as soon as I can,” Puella said softly, reassuringly. She leaned in and kissed her left cheek, her lips weren’t wet or dry. They were just right. It almost felt like an electric shock ran up Amelie’s spine when the lips made contact. Puella winked and she jumped down the hatch, following her Dad down. Amelie held her left hand up to where Puella kissed her, her cheeks grew hot. Puella and Her Dad exited the mill and they got into the car and drove away. Amelie crawled through the hatch and jumped onto the platform, she shut the hatch and she walked down the stairs to where her hammock hung. Amelie leapt and steadied her swinging hammock before laying down. The thoughts of Puella swirled around in her head, she remembered what she said that morning about what bothered her. Maybe there was something that happened in the other world?


After five minutes of this, Amelie heard a knock on her door. Amelie didn’t know who this could be, but she was slightly sure that this ment trouble for her. Amelie jumped out of her hammock and onto the floor, she unsheathed her dagger and approached the door. She opened it slightly and peered through the crack. There was a tall middle aged woman, She had pale skin, red eyes and pale yellow bushy hair. She was an Albino, this woman also wore a red tight dress that had a slit in the right side so you could see her leg. It was sparkly around the long sleeves, and trimmings. This woman was the Local Vampire Gang Leader. Her name was Rouge Bonvic, she ruled with an Iron fist over Rochester. And this Village, Canaseraga. She used this village as a ‘Feeding Grounds’ if you will. They don’t take people of course, that’s for The Mob In New York City. They rule over everything, including the vampires of New York State. They usually take wildlife, and cattle, and take it back to Rochester for the vampires there.


“Amelie, my lovely girl! I would like to discuss business with you, if you don’t mind,” The woman said in a high, excited pitch. Amelie wasn’t having it, this woman is probably the reason why Amelie doesn’t join groups of vampires for very long. Amelie opened the door knife still in hand. Rouge jumped at first when she saw the knife, then she gave Amelie a friendly smile.


“Why are you so tense girlfriend? You look so angry,” She said crossing her arms and passing by Amelie and sitting down on a barrel. Amelie slammed the girl and stood in front of Mrs. Bonvic.


“‘Girlfriends’, don’t exactly send hitmen after them and they’re friends. Explain yourself,” Amelie said with anger, pointing the knife at the woman. SHe smirked and stood up, towering over Amelie.


“Let me tell you a little story, Amelie. You need to sit down for this,” Rouge said as she lightly grabbed her shoulders and she turned her around to set her on the barrel’s top.


She rubbed her chin with her slender skeleton hands, Then her Red eyes lit up.


“You could say it started a few weeks ago, a man from the higher ups wanted me to get my hands dirty with your blood. So I did the thing I had to do, but then the funniest thing happened! My favorite Hitman comes back with a bloody eye, babbling about this Dream lord that is on your side,” Rouge began with a sarcastic tone in her voice, with her eyes beginning to get a crazed look in them. “So I thought to myself, ‘Hey! What if I just kill this Dream Lord and bring them to the higher ups instead of you!”


Amelie’s blood went Cold, turning in a powerful semi-immortal was a risky game. Amelie almost got her a*s beat when she fought this so called ‘Hitman’. But there wasn’t a scratch on Puella. Either she had done this for a long time, or something else she didn’t know about yet.


“If I’m picking this up right, you want to kill the Dream Lord Instead of me,” Amelie said, with a serious tone. Mrs. Bonvic smiled and nodded wholeheartedly.


“I know Böcek, he doesn’t mess up his tasks that are given to him. He looked like he was scared to death when he fled. I don’t think we should do something as dumb as this, and I don’t want to get tangled up in your little games. I suggest you find some other person that wants to betray The Dream Lord,” Amelie said standing up and walking towards the door. She opened it, and puffed up her chest.

“You need to leave now Mrs. Bonvic,” Amelie said narrowing her eyes, giving her the death glare. The woman was about to protest back, but she realized that this was no use.

She walked towards the door, before she exited she looked over to Amelie for a final time.

“I’m sorry about this, but I hope someday you will forgive me old friend,” She said with showing her a depressed look upon her face, Amelie remembered the old times. But Rouge had changed, she was no longer a comrate of hers. Amelie watched as her old friend walked out into the night. Almost sad that she had to let her go.



© 2018 Grace


Author's Note

Grace
Please read chapters before this, also be honest as possible when reviewing this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on August 16, 2018
Last Updated on August 16, 2018
Tags: #Weirdfiction, #fantasy, #adventure, #new, #rad, #LBGT, #romance


Author

Grace
Grace

About
I like to write fantasy, weird fiction, and other genres! And I hope to share my stories with you guys, so keep a look out. more..

Writing
Prolauge Prolauge

A Chapter by Grace


The Begining The Begining

A Chapter by Grace