7- A Secret Diary

7- A Secret Diary

A Chapter by Gaurav Walia

7.

 

The door of the first room; it was astonishingly elusive as the room was a vast space with nothing but dirt and spider webs. It seemed like it had been abandoned a long time ago and has never been opened since then. Not even a single chair to strip it of its austerity.

The room without a bed or any other thing that actually defines a room was quite unbelievable, like they were never even there.

Vaughn was continuously finding himself falling into the depth of the entangled befuddlement which did not seem to end at any point instead it was knotting itself with a new mystery every time. He thought to himself that this situation was getting creepier by the minute, with not a single clue to help his case.

“What the f**k?” He muttered as he threw a glance all over the room while he kept walking towards a small door which led to a smaller empty space.

Without wasting any other moment in that deserted room he left it intact.

He then turned and left the room and made his way to the next one. This he wasn’t shocked to see the room in a similar condition as the previous one, with a large bed with greasy legs, as the only difference. This embarked as a new riddle for his file.

It was obscene to see that room in such filth which also became an unfeigned reason for the stink.

 

In spite of that smell he entered inside. There also was anything to lead him anywhere. A cupboard standing near the bed caught his eye. He approached and tried to open it but failed since it was tightly shut so he left it as usual and walked toward a window which gave a perfect view of the backyard and the homes situated on the parallel road…

Vaughn walked to the closest window. The wooden boarders were already half eaten by the termites and the powdery matter was all over the place where a group of those nasty insects made their way out and in from a little hole they had created beneath the window.

He looked out where over the backyard; there was nothing but a few houses. He was starting to get really frustrated. There was nothing useful for his to put in a report so far.

He decided that it was time to leave, since there was nothing else to look for, but just when he was about to get close the door behind him, something red and shiny caught his attention from under the bed. He stopped and stared for a moment.

It was a trail of blood. Vaughn took a stride back into the room to examine the stains under the bed which he believed could be some hardcore evidence. Finally, he was getting somewhere.

He reached into his evidence kit and took out a scalpel and an evidence bag.  He scrapes the floor and the dry blood stains which came out as flakes that he cautiously collected for lab testing.

He then picked up the mattress under which he found a bloody knife. He didn’t want to make any assumptions but the patterns resembled the wounds that had killed the Pearsons.  What he was sure about is that the knife had actually been used, because it had blood all over it but it did, but only tests results would indicate whose blood it was.

The amount of blood on the knife made it certain to the detective that the person whose blood was on it didn’t stand a chance.      

  

He placed the knife into a plastic bag, also for evidence, and then exited the room closing the door carefully. If they were lucky, they’d probably find fingerprints.

Detective Vaughn set his gaze upon the last door at the end of the corridor which was unmistakably the last room left on the floor so he slowly and steadily took mad his way toward the end of the hall.

Even though he walked slowly, he made it to the door in a relatively short time. Lever of that final door he was about to open; he was spot-stuck when the clamoring voice of Allison reached his ears.

“Detective”

Vaughn, by then, was eager to see what the last room held, but at the same time Allison’s loud tone made him curious. She might have found something very useful, plus, Vaughn believed to have enough evidence to get an important lead in the case.

He made his way downstairs to see what it was Allison that made her interrupt his serious investigation.

He reached the first floor just in time to see Allison energetically running towards him with a piece of paper in her hand. Allison’s curiosity was pretty visible on her face. She immediately handed him the piece of paper.

“Detective you got to see this”              

Vaughn accepted the piece of paper which was apparently the paper from the envelope. He rapidly read the short message and rushed out the house, motioning for Allison to follow along. On his way Vaughn picked up his jacket from the coat stand near the main gate which he wore on his way out…

In the intervening time Officer Allison settled on the driving seat of the car getting it ready on ignition; she was one hell of a driver but Vaughn was not about to complain at the moment. Apparently, the matter of concern was getting to the warehouse as soon as possible. She accelerated the car leaving the house far behind as she kept speeding up till they reached the exit for the highway where she stopped for a minute as a metal board on an iron rod at the corner stated “STOP” in bold black letters after which she carried on to speed up as the ramp in that early morning was not that congested…

 

As soon as Ross was conscious again and his fluttering eyes stabilized, he found himself lying on a sandy ground in front of his car while the headlights pierced into his eyes.

Using his right hand to shelter his eyes from the blinding light, he attempted to stand up. He tried to walk over to his car but he doubted he could drive. Little whirling hindered him to even stand but somehow his will had him manage it.

Ross was now on his feet as he ceaselessly struggled with the twiddle in his head. He withdrew his hand from over his eyes and began to lurch toward his car as he still stumbled upon his steps because of the haziness that prevailed for few more moments but started to clear up soon enough giving him back his integral focus on his car.

His heart began to throb with just few steps that he took which was probably due to the headache he had because of that heavy blow to his head that disabled him to stress his mind for thinking for a while. He ultimately made it to the driver’s seat where he took his time to get settled in. Ross settled on the driving seat resting his head on the cushion of headrest. He closed his eyes as the weakness began to fade away.

He opened his eyes as he suffered with some dryness in his throat so he took out a water bottle from the glove box from which he drank half of the water that helped him bring his inviolate consciousness back in that retreat.

 

Before long Ross was able to get a good hold of himself. He started the car and he sped away, as the anger inside him began to boil up.

He made his way back to his place where he had to figure out some way to save both his wife and son as it was obvious that he could not choose one of them. They were both all he had.

He couldn’t believe he had been so close to Eliza and hadn't been able to do anything. The tension about not seeing his son was driving him crazy every second. His mind was restless.

He was driving quite rash because of the pressure of ferocity he was into. There was nothing he could have thought of.

At this very moment all he wanted was to hold his wife and son in his arms and tell them that everything is going to be fine which seemed not to be the right possible thing to be said.

Finding himself in that helpless situation, a drop of tear rolled down his cheek and fell on his jeans. His eyes began to wander outside through the window as he wiped off the tears with his hand and in an attempt to think straight.

Whatever had been happening was definitely pushing him into the well of suffering but that’s what Amila wanted.

He just wanted to reach his home as soon as he could. He had no idea that Detective Vaughn and Officer Allison was on a hunt for him. Why they were desperately looking for Ross, whether they had some lead about his family or it was something that they saw on that paper at the police station which made them anxious to find him. It was a mystery. 



© 2013 Gaurav Walia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

He just wanted to reach his home as soon as he could. He had no idea that Detective Vaughn and Officer Allison was on a hunt for him. Why they were desperately looking for Ross, whether they had some lead about his family or it was something that they saw on that paper at the police station which made them anxious to find him. It was a mystery.

great mystery going on.... am glad i am reading it at one go :)
best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gaurav Walia

10 Years Ago

Thank u so much for being such a devoted reader.. It really means a lot to me.. Thank U
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

you are welcome



Reviews

He just wanted to reach his home as soon as he could. He had no idea that Detective Vaughn and Officer Allison was on a hunt for him. Why they were desperately looking for Ross, whether they had some lead about his family or it was something that they saw on that paper at the police station which made them anxious to find him. It was a mystery.

great mystery going on.... am glad i am reading it at one go :)
best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gaurav Walia

10 Years Ago

Thank u so much for being such a devoted reader.. It really means a lot to me.. Thank U
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

you are welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2013
Last Updated on October 7, 2013
Tags: a forgotten sin, forgotten sin, gaurav's fiction, forgotten sin chapter 7, secret diary


Author

Gaurav Walia
Gaurav Walia

Delhi, India



About
I might be just another guy putting his thoughts on a page but not mincing my words, I only tell the unvarnished truth, gulping down the fear, I dive into the expanse of love, hatred, fantasy, blood, .. more..

Writing
LIFE LIFE

A Poem by Gaurav Walia


PSYCHO PSYCHO

A Poem by Gaurav Walia