Chapter 1 Part 2: Further into the passage

Chapter 1 Part 2: Further into the passage

A Chapter by Marrissa cardello
"

More answers?

"
The grey retreated.What once was a dingy apartment with soppy yellow wallpaper had metamorphosed into a childish wonderland. Pastel colored plants and swing sets dotted the ground, flooded the sky and little children were everywhere. I mean it. Everywhere. Hanging off of every surface possible was children screeching, laughing, giddy children. I tapped the girl, now colorless like the other children, and pulled her away from my chest. 
"Welcome to wonderland!" It seemed like the appropriate response. She gaped in, well wonder, at the world. Trees, ferns, and plants that didn't even have a name on earth, scraped the sky. Excitement filled her monochrome eyes as she absorbed the new fever-dreamish world. An overstimulating environment that looked like the easter section at the dollar store.The first one, a little girl with hello kitty earrings, said, "I like your shirt!". My small child smiled and went to go play with her and her friends.  I sighed. The purity branch was a tiring place for most but I couldn't help but love it. It's just sad. So many little children running around here, and more and more everyday. I walked off, dodging nerf darts and kids on the sidewalk, looking for a place to go home. Imagine all the toys,books and games anyone could ever need. That was the purity branch for you. There's a lot of kids here, but they're well taken care of. They're happy and healthy and every need they could ever have is tended to by Lady Annesi Herkesin, known as The All Mother to some, Eileithyia to others and the guardian of the purity branch to all us down here. I should probably explain where here is. Afterwhere is where all the dead people go when they die. To make it simple. Afterwhere is split into five branches, each with its own protector. The first, the purity branch, is for children, 0-18, who had a premature passing. All the kids were confined to the purity branch but were allowed to travel with adult supervision. The next was the relief branch, for adults I guess? It was mostly just a place where adults could relax. It was more realistic than the purity branch. If you were to old for the adult branch, you went to the wisdom branch, which was made for elderly people to see their friends and deceased family. Next was the guilt branch, where all the bad people went. I, like most people, don't know much about this branch, mostly because of the heavy security. Oh, and I'm from the blood branch. The blood branch is where all the things born native to Afterwhere live. Imagine it as its own continent, with countries and disputes, led by a council of all powerful lords, lairds and ladies. Not me though, of course. I, to simplify things, am a guider. I take dwellings, or humans, through the passage, down to Afterwhere. I specialize in children, but I, along with other guiders, can take any dwellings I please. The roughly paved street I walked on was surrounded by multi colored buildings, stacked up to the fading sky. Colorful, simplistic signs covered the walls that led up to the gateway station. The sun quickly setting behind me, I sighed a breath of relief as I saw the dark brick building at the end of the street. It stuck out like a sore thumb in comparison to the rest of the world, but I still struggled to find it. I'd been doing this same thing for dozens of years, but it was still hard to find.


© 2023 Marrissa cardello


Author's Note

Marrissa cardello
I need anything you would change. Is there too much info dumping? and are there any unanswered questions? I'm honestly here just for honest reviews, and constructive criticism I know it's not very high caliber and for that I apologize.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again I apologize for the info dumping and the drop in caliber between these chapters. I know they aren't very long or very well written in comparison to most of the other works on here, but thanks for reading it! It really helps.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
1 Review
Added on December 2, 2022
Last Updated on February 8, 2023
Tags: supernatural, afterlife, ghosts, action, kids, youth, adventure, death, fantasy, fiction, LGBTQIA+


Author

Marrissa cardello
Marrissa cardello

About
I like to do stuff. I like a lot of fandoms. I like writing but I'm not very good at it. more..

Writing