Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by H.D.Aloyon

Chapter One

I looked down.

I didn't want him to see me stealing some glances at him. I tried really hard not to look back at him. But, I just can't help it. I looked at his direction. There he was, talking with his friends. I looked back down again.

"Why is he so gorgeous?" I asked myself. By far, he was the most gorgeous man I have seen my entire life.

I was just seating at the train when the train stopped at a station. I was on my way home and I was just listening to my music, thinking about the things that are happening in my life. Well, actually thinking about my crush, most likely. I was just minding my own business when the door of the train opened. Then I saw three men came in. The one is tall and is wearing a green shirt, a cargo short and some slippers. The other one, I didn't really know what he looks like while the other one was a shoulder-length haired guy with a piercing in his lower lip. He was wearing a black Addidas singlet, sort of skinny jeans and some slippers. And he was handsome! very handsome indeed. The first time I looked at his face, I was mesmerized.

I really hate it when guys, like the one I just describe, have that effect on me. My heart skipped a beat and I was flushing. I can feel that my face was turning red. I didn't realized that I was staring at him, when suddenly he looked at my eyes. I was surprised to see him looking at me that I immediately looked down at my ipod and tried to pick some songs.

"Fudge! Sam, what were you doing? Stop staring at him. You'll  just make a fool of yourself." I thought to myself. "Look at you. You're blushing but he wouldn't see you as beautiful. He'll see you as another girl who would be too easy to get. Get a grip of yourself!"

What my mind was saying is right. I shouldn't look at him. I know, he knows he is handsome, so he will just be like those other guys who loves their selves to much because of their appearance that they won't look at girls like me. A girl who is wearing an eyeglass, a scrub suit and black chuck taylor.

"He probably likes girls who wear mini-skirts and high heels. So stop looking at him and start thinking about other things." my mind said.
"You're right. I must move on and just concentrate on my music." I said to myself.

I didn't realize that I was talking out loud, the person beside me, an old lady holding his red purse bag, was looking at me like I'm sort of a maniac. When I saw her, I just smiled, trying to hide my embarrassment.

Who else would have heard what I said?

Then, I heard some giggles at my left side. I looked at my left to see who's laughing and I flushed again. It was the three guys and the guy, who was the most handsome of them all, was trying to stop his laughter. With a split second, he looked at me and looked down again, still trying to stop his laughter.

I was furious. Was he laughing at me?!? Just because he's handsome doesn't mean he has the right to laugh at me. I am pissed that I grab the book I was recently reading and covered my face as if i was reading. I didn't want to see that face again. Even if he is handsome, with his perfect nose and skin, his eyes like that of an innocent child. I was right all along. He is one self-confident guy who thinks highly of himself. Ugh.

The train stopped at another station and I observed that the three guys stood up and stepped out of the train. I looked at the handsome yet self-confident guy for the last time and saw that he was still smiling. Why is he so handsome? He's breathtaking.The train then started to move forward and I immediately grab the chance to stare at him. Just as he was about to disappear from my sight, he looked at me, at my eyes, and he was still smiling.

Fudge. My heart skipped a beat, again.

"Get a grip of yourself, Sam. You'll never gonna see him again." my mind was telling me. Part of me was happy to realize that what my mind is saying was right, i'll never gonna see him again. I wouldn't be having the kind of reaction that I had a couple of minutes ago when he was on the train. But, I hate to admit, a part of me still does.

***
"You didn't get his number? You didn't even asked his name?" my gay friend Justin asked. He, with his eyebrows all up, was looking at me. 

"I couldn't imagine myself talking to that self-centered jerk." I said. Every time i remember his face, I couldn't forget how mockingly he tried to stop his laughter. I can feel the anger rising up again. "Can we stop talking about a stranger and actually start working?" I looked at Justin with an enough-with-the-handsome-stranger-talk-already look. "Beside, I'll never gonna see him again." The thought always makes me feel sad, but i know that was just my imagination. Why would I be sad to not see a stranger?

"As you wish, my lady." Justin said, bending down at me, like some old English culture does when greeting a lady. I laughed and went to the sink to wash my hands before I do my laboratory work.

I'm a biologist, by the way and I work at a stem cell bank so we basically take care of stem cells. And taking care of stem cells is in a sterile condition, the reason why I need to wash my hands before going inside the laboratory. Justin is my co-worker, he is a biologist too, and we are assigned to take of the stem cells and will put them in a bank, which means a cold freezer, after how many days. 

I spend the whole afternoon in the Laboratory, doing some laboratory work. When it was time to go, Justin and I logged out and went to the nearest coffee shop. This was our after work session, where we relax and talk things. Mostly, Justin does the talking and I listen to his stories about his boyfriend and how his dog pooped in the toilet. Justin never stops talking.We were having fun just talking and relaxing, when it was getting late. So we decided to go home.

I rode the train and remembered what happened last night. I blushed and looked at my surroundings hoping that maybe the handsome, self-centered stranger is here. But, I was disappointed because there is no sign of him, nor his friends. 

"Why are you sad? You don't need to be sad. He's a stranger, for Pete's sake!"my mind screamed at me. 

I'm still hoping I could see him.


© 2012 H.D.Aloyon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The Single No Boyfriend Girl--that is an absolutely awful thing to call any woman. Kids can be so dang cruel . . . much worse than adults . . . you couldn't make me go back to my youth if you paid me

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

H.D.Aloyon

11 Years Ago

hahaha! I was literally laughing reading your comment. :) Well, i do respect your review and thank y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012
Tags: First Chapter, Funny


Author

H.D.Aloyon
H.D.Aloyon

Davao City, Philippines



About
I'm a girl who loves science and writing. I'm a biologist and works part time as a children's book writer. I just love writing and imagining things. :) more..

Writing