Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by H.D.Aloyon

Chapter Two

I'm in a dark room and I was scared. I tried to search for a wall but I can't find any. I almost cried because I was really scared, all alone in the dark room. Then, I heard some laughter that is coming from my left side. I looked at my left to see what it was and I saw three white smiles laughing. I cried because they were laughing at me. However, one smile stopped smiling and was getting nearer to me. "Go away. I hate you!" I shouted. I tried running away, but the smile keep on getting closer and closer. I still running when I heard the smile said,"I don't hate you. In fact, I like you." And as he said this, light came rushing in.

My eyes opened and blinked at the brightness of the room. It was just a dream. I closed my eyes and tried to cover my face with the blanket.

"Wake Up you sleepy head!" I heard the voice said and I immediately recognized it. I sat up instantly and saw that it was John, the love of my life who happens to be my best friend. He pulled my curtains to the side to let the sun shine through. I lay back down again. "Have you forgotten? It's our jog in the park day!" He said. He slapped my feet and I giggled.

"But it's late already." I tried to convince him. and I love you, I thought. Covered myself with the blanket. "Go home."

"I don't want to do this but you left me with no choice." He said. A moment later, I can feel that he's beside me and the most horrible thing happened. He tickled me and squirmed, trying to escape from his tickling hands. I laughed really hard that I can't breathe.

"Okay! Okay! I'm awake now! Stop!" I pleaded while laughing. He was also laughing really hard and he stopped. "Good. Now get off your bed and go to your bathroom and prepare for our jog. I'll be in your kitchen." He stood up and went out of the room. I was still smiling when I stood up. Why can't I say I love him?

***

I went to the kitchen to see what his up to and saw that he was wearing my apron and cooking some hotdogs. He was wearing his favorite Nike running shoes, a jogging pants and his favorite white singlet. I suddenly remembered that the handsome stranger was wearing the same singlet as my best friend has, the only difference was the color. Why are you thinking about him? The love of your life is standing in front of you. I shake my head, trying to remove the thought of the handsome stranger in my mind. I went to the cupboard to get some plates and utensils. I turned the coffee maker on and set up the table.

I finished setting up, so I sat down at one of the chairs. I stared at my best friends back and imagined my self placing my head on it. He then turns to face me and lifts my chin so that I'll be looking at his eyes. Then he'll say "Sam, will you be my girlfriend." and I'll say "yes".

"Yes, what?" I heard John saying. I was back in reality and looked at him, wide eyes."What were you mumbling?" He asked. I blushed. D****t, I didn't realized that I was saying out loud. "Nothing. I was just..uhm..singing." I lied.

I immediately took some hotdogs and eat. I didn't want him asking anymore about my mumbling so I told him, "We should eat fast so that we can jog."

"Okay, Ms. Samantha Jones." He said. We ate breakfast together. I can't help it, we are eating breakfast together. Like a husband and a wife, a newly married couple. aaaahh!

"How did you get in my house, by the way?" I asked him. I was curious about how come he just let himself in my house without knocking at the door.

"I have figured you out that you hid your keys in the crack of the flower pot. Beside, I tried calling you but you weren't answering your phone." He said, looking at me as if he knows me so well. "Oooh. I see."

We finished eating breakfast. I placed all the utensils in the dishwasher and flicked it on. He went outside to prepare his car and I followed him. I opened the front door of the passenger's seat and climbed in. I flicked the radio on and connected it to my ipod so that I can listen to music. He then started his engine and off we are, on our way to the park to jog.

***

I told John that I'll start running as soon as I got off of his car. "I'll just be warming up." I shouted. He waved back and looked for a parking lot.

I then went to the oval to do some stretching and warm up. I placed my headphones on so that I can listen to music when I do the warm ups. I breathe in fresh air and started stretching. I pulled my hands up above my head and then placed them down, trying to touch the ground. There were many people in the park and I can see that it was a bit crowded but still is conducive for jogging. I spread my arms at my side to stretch when I felt that I hit something. I turned around and saw someone lying beside me.

"Oh My! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. I'm so sorry." I apologized. i removed my headphones in an instant and kneel down beside the person who was still touching his face, trying to relieve the pain. I guess that I hit him on the his nose. I picked up his skateboard and heard him say, "I'm alright. I'm alright." He was still holding his nose when he stood up. I assisted him and apologized again.

"I'm so sorry sir. I really didn't mean to hit you." I said. Just then, the person removed his hands on his nose and looked at me.

I froze and my heart skipped a beat.

It was the handsome, self-centered guy on the train. I blinked again and still saw him standing in front of me. I accidentally dropped the skateboard that I was still holding. He, with his fast reflex, catches the skate board in time. My eyes widen and I didn't realized that I was staring at him.

"Are you okay, miss?" he said. His voice was lovely. It has this masculine tune that I love the most. "Miss?" he asked again.

I immediately looked at the ground, anywhere except his face. I was already blushing that I can feel the blood rushing in my face, maybe will escape from my eyes. Why does he always have this effect on me? Ugh. 

"I'm so sorry sir. I didn't mean to hit you hard." I said, still not looking in his face. I heard his familiar giggle. "You did hit me hard there. But, I'm fine." he said. He's voice was captivating me. I gathered all my strength to look at his face and when I did, my heart skipped a beat again. Would you take hold of yourself, Sam!

He was smiling at me, his hands on his head, scratching his hair. "My name's Mike, by the way. I got to go. I don't want to laugh at your mumbling again." With an instant he placed the skate board on the ground, rode it and took off.

I stared at him for a long time until I can't see him. What did he just said? My mumbling? He doesn't want to laugh at my mumbling again? Ugh. I was furious. That handsome, self-centered b*****d does remember me. "He remembers you as the loser, mumbling girl Sam." my mind said. Argh.

John arrived and said, "What was that all about?" he asked. "I didn't want to know his name. That handsome, self-centered b*****d!" I said, out loud and immediately started to jog.

I hate him. Even though I said that in my mind, a part of me was happy.

He didn't even asked for my name!


© 2012 H.D.Aloyon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012
Tags: Second chapter, Funny


Author

H.D.Aloyon
H.D.Aloyon

Davao City, Philippines



About
I'm a girl who loves science and writing. I'm a biologist and works part time as a children's book writer. I just love writing and imagining things. :) more..

Writing