Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by H.D.Aloyon

Why are they laughing? I asked myself.


I looked at John and back to Lorraine. They were laughing so hard and I was just staring, trying to make a fake laugh too. When Lorraine was finished laughing, she looked at me smiling.


"Did you think that me and John is gonna get married?" she asked, still trying to hide some laughter. I looked at her and nodded. She smiled and held my hand. "Darling, your wrong. John is my Cousin." she said. I stared at her and thought, Cousin? Wait, what? I looked at John and he was smiling, from ear to ear. I looked back at Lorraine and released a huge laugh. 


"Oh My! I really thought its you and John." I said. I was relieved to know that Lorraine isn't a competition at all. No wonder she was beautiful and confident like John. Maybe it's in their blood line, to produce gorgeous and confident offsprings. John touched my hand and said, "Hey, I'm gonna tell you if ever I'm gonna get married. You're one of the special person in my life Sam. Don't forget that, okay?" He then pinched my nose and I giggled. Lorraine looked at us and smiled. 


"Well, let's get back to where we went off." Lorraine said and looked at me in the eye. "Sam, I want you to be the one who would do my prenup pictorials. I'm getting married and I want my wedding to be perfect. Not to mention the family of the one I'm gonna marry are all perfectionists." She said as she rolled her eyes. Lorrained scribbled something in her folder and then looked back at me. "Would you take the offer? I know you're still an amateur but my cousin insists that you are a natural pro." She looked at John and John smirked. I blushed. I looked back to Lorraine and I saw that she was waiting for me to answer. 

"Uhm..Well, I would love to do the Job!" I said, smiling at her. She sighed in relief and held my hand tight. "Thank you so much Sam." She said. I looked at John and he was smiling at me. What's with your beautiful smile? I thought. So, I smiled back at him and said, "Well, if I would be the prenup photographer, I would like to take John as my personal assistant and editor." I looked back at him while trying to arrange the fork and spoon on my plate, playing with it. He raised an eyebrow and looked at me. "Your personal assistant?" He asked and I stuck my tongue out. Before he can say anything, Lorraine said, "Deal. John would be your personal assistant and editor and you will be our photographer." I nodded formally, imagining myself as a lawyer that won a case. I looked back at John and he rolled his eyes and said, "As if I have a choice." I laughed and so did Lorraine. 


"Since everything is set, when will you be available Sam?" Lorraine asked me and I looked at her. I immediately pulled my Samsung Galaxy Y phone out and checked my calendar for possible dates. "Well, I'm available this week end and the next week end after." I said as I looked at Lorraine checking her schedule also. I looked at John and he was still eating some deserts. "Okay. So, we'll do the first prenup this weekend, okay? Let's say 3 in the afternoon?" She asked and I nodded in agreement. I was about to ask something when John said, "I'll be picking you up in your house, okay?" He was looking at me and I immediately nodded. Yes! He's gonna pick me up, I thought to myself. 


It was already late, so we decided to go home. Lorraine payed the food and we all stood up and walked outside. "So, see you this weekend Sam. John, take care of her." Lorraine said as she stood infront of the restaurant door. She was holding her Blackberry phone and called someone. I looked at her when John took my bag and placed it on his shoulders. "Come on, Photographer Samantha. I am John, your personal assistant." I laughed and followed him. "Wait, how about Lorraine?" I asked John while still walking toward his car. I looked back and Lorraine was still standing infront of the restaurant and waved at me. I waved back at her and then looked at John. He was already opening the front seat door and signaled me to climb in. Before I entered the car, I looked at John's eyes and said, "Thank you Personal Assitant John." He smiled heartily and said, "Climb in." So, I did what he said and climbed in. I immediately flicked his music on as John climbed in and placed the car key on the ignition. 


"Hey, is Lorraine not coming with us?" I asked John while he started to drive out of the parking lot. "Well, her personnal driver will be the one picking her up. She still needs to meet with her fiance's family." John said while looking at the road. "Oh, I see." I said as I looked ou the window, watching the other car passing us by. I sang along with the music that was resounding in the car. It was one of my favorite songs, Speak now by Taylor Swift. When I looked at John to tell him to sing along, I was shocked to see that his face was troubled. I stopped singing and asked, "Are you alright?" He looked at me with worried eyes and smiled. 


"Well, I was thinking about my cousin. I don't want to be in her situation where she's gonna marry a person that doesn't love her." John said and I was shocked to know such information. He was still holding the driving wheel and continued, "You see, Lorraine's family is very rich and they own a very big business." My curiousity was telling me to ask him what business does their family have when John looked at me and knew exactly what I was thinking. He rolled his eyes and said, "Matthews Communication." My eyes widened. Matthew Communications is the number one leading communication company in the country. They sell the most advanced operating systems that most people love to have. I stared at John, shocked to hear another news. "Matthews Communication? Her family owns that?" I asked. He then sighed, still looking at the road. "Well, not his family really. my grandfather was the founder of the company and it was passed on to his sons." He said. I listened and then realized something. "Wait, if your grandfather was the founder, then your dad would be one of the owners right?" I asked. 


He stopped the car and I immediately looked outside to see where we are. We are already infront of my house and I took the chance to look at John again. He was already looking at me and smiled. "Hey, you didn't answer my question." I told him, raising an eyebrow. He just looked at me and smiled. "See you this weekend Ms. Samantha.I'll just call you one of these days." he said. I know immediately that he doesn't want to answer my question so I had no choice but to nod and climbed out of his car. 


I was outside when I remembered what he said. So I looked at him from the outside and he immediately looked at me waiting for me to speak. "I just remembered, you said Lorraine's gonna marry a person that doesn't love her. Why?" I asked him, still holding my bag. He closed his eyes and sighed. "Lorraine's been arranged marriage by her parents, with the help of my parents." he said. Another shocking information, I thought. I can see that John was bothered by the situtation. 


"Oh. Okay. Well, I'm sure you'll not." I smiled, trying to cheer him up. He just looked at me and smiled. "Yes, because I'm sure I'm gonna marry the girl I love and who'll love me back." he said. I blushed and I don't know why. I waved goodbye and shouted, "That's the spirit! Now, go home now because it's already late." He waved back and started his engine. I watched John's car until its out of sight and then I walked towards my house.


Lorraine's been arranged marriage. That's sad. Who could be the guy? I thought as I opened my front door. 



© 2012 H.D.Aloyon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012


Author

H.D.Aloyon
H.D.Aloyon

Davao City, Philippines



About
I'm a girl who loves science and writing. I'm a biologist and works part time as a children's book writer. I just love writing and imagining things. :) more..

Writing