Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by H.D.Aloyon

My eyes are wide as I looked at Mike. He looks different, I thought. He should have a shoulder length hair, a skater-dude appearance. Why does he look like a business man now? I asked myself. Mike was looking at John and he has this straight face, making me think there is something wrong. I was still staring at Mike when I heard Lorraine said, "Should we start the prenup pictorial?" I blinked and looked at Lorraine. She was already looking at me like she's irritated. I nodded and immediately placed the lense on my camera. I turned around to take my tripod and I was breathing really hard. 


It was okay to do the prenup, but I didn't expect Mike to be the groom. Fudge. I told myself. 


"You'll be just fine. Trust me." I heard John said and I immediately looked at him. He was smiling at me and was already holding my bag. "I want to do the shoot on our garden." Lorraine said and I immediately nodded. I took the chance to look at Mike and he was silently standing near the entrance of the living room. He seems like he was thinking really hard. I didn't know he'll look more handsome wearing a black suit with a gray tie and his hair was cut short, like that of Channing Tatum. He is also wearing a black leather shoes that's so shiny. 


"We'll just be upstairs dear." Matilda said to Lorraine and Lorraine said okay. John then led me to the garden and I immediately started setting up my camera with the lights provided. My hands were shaking and I was so nervous to do the prenup. I was setting up my camera on the tripod when I heard a voice behind me. "I didn't know you are a photographer." I immediately looked at the person who was speaking and I was shocked to see its Mike. However, his face was rather straight and he seems like his angry. I blinked and cleared my throat. 


"Hey! So you're the groom! Congratulations." I said, rather at a very high pitch. Relax Sam, I told myself. I looked at Mike and I was trying to smile. He was staring at me and he didn't said a thing. What's wrong with him? He should be happy because he's marrying a rich woman, I thought to myself. Then I remembered what John said about Lorraine marrying a person that doesn't love her back. I looked at Mike and he was about to tell me something when John came to me and said, "Lorraine wants to start now." I looked at John and nodded. 


"Well, sir, can you please sit down beside Lorraine?." I told Mike and he looked at me with wide-eyes. He then turned around and went to sit beside Lorraine. 

You can do this Sam. You can do this. You don't have the right to be jealous since he is just a stranger that you met on some occasion, I told myself and then I looked at the camera and saw Mike looking straight at the camera and Lorraine smiling at him. 

I breathe in deep and clicked to release the shutter of the camera. "That's nice." I told them.


***


"What?!?! He is the Groom?" Justin blurted out loud while dropping the tray he was holding. "Ssssshhh!" I placed my finger on his lips so he wouldn't shout. He then removed it instantly and looked at me with opened mouth. "Yes, he is the groom and he is eventually the only son of the one who owns Smith Incorporations, known to own buildings and beach resorts." I told Justin while wearing my face mask, head caps, and lab gown. We were in the anteroom, prepping up for another laboratory afternoon. Justin was wearing his lab gown when he looked at me and asked, "And? What happened? Did you talk?" I looked back at him and shooked my head. I was rather feeling sad knowing that the handsome stranger, Mike is getting married. See? You're right in thinking that you hate him, I told myself.


"But, darling, you don't hate him. Infact, its pretty obvious that you like him." Justin said. I looked back at him with question in my eyes. "You're mumbling again! I heard everything you said." He added. I rolled my eyes and went inside the sterile lab, Justin following at my back. I went to the working table to get some alcohol and put some in my hands. Justin also did the same. "Sam, he saved you from a pervert in the bar. You accidentally slapped him in the face. Not to mention his looks which is salivating. You do like him! Admit it!" Justin insisted. I took some nitrile gloves on the shelf and wore them. Justin followed and took some nitrile gloves.


"Hey, I don't like him. John is the one I like." I told him and I instantely turned the microscope on. Even though my mind is telling me that I'm okay, my heart seems sad and hurt. Why would you be sad, Sam?! You shouldn't? I told myself. Justin rolled his eyes and started cleaning the hood. 


A couple of hours later, we finished doing our laboratory works and I stepped out of the sterile lab and went immediately at my table to check my phone. I saw one message from an unknown number. I opened it to see what it says.


Next site for pictorial this weekend will be on the Camp Holiday Beach Resort. I'll meet you on the port at 8:00 am. We'll be spending three days on the beach


I read the message again and immediately knew that Lorraine sent this text . I opened my planner and immediately jot down the dates for the weekend. Justin looked at my planner and said, "so you'll be absent this Monday?" I nodded in agreement. I don't really feel like talking and Justin kind of understand why. "At least you'll get to see Mike and John." Justin said, trying to cheer me up. I smiled back at him and said, "Hey, I'm fine. I'm not sad at all." I took out the article that I need to read and started reading. 


You're not being honest, I told myself. 



© 2012 H.D.Aloyon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on September 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012


Author

H.D.Aloyon
H.D.Aloyon

Davao City, Philippines



About
I'm a girl who loves science and writing. I'm a biologist and works part time as a children's book writer. I just love writing and imagining things. :) more..

Writing