Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Harriet Styles
"

none

"

I sat down opposite him at the other end of the table and stared at him. There was a long silence. It was like we were both waiting for the other to say something.

“What is going on lately with you Ally?” He finally asked, breaking the silence.

He stared at me, waiting impatiently for an answer.

I shrugged. I could tell he was about to give one of his lectures.

“You used to be so happy and so fun to be around before-” He continued.

 

“Before what? Before Mum died? Well you’d know a lot about that with all your sneaking around and your late nights. Dad where exactly were you last night?” I demanded.

“Listen here young lady, don’t you dare bring your mother into this, and how dare you try to blame this on me!” His voice quivered but he still sounded stern.

“No Dad, you listen! I’m not a little girl anymore, so stop treating me like one!”

 

I stormed upstairs and slammed the door even harder than before, so much so that I felt the ground quiver.

“Ally! Ally you get back here right now, you hear me?” He shouted.

I stared at my almost empty room. I was going to miss it here. The thing I would miss most though would definitely be visiting Mum. When you have done something for so long, it is hard to stop doing it.

 

                      

*           *           *

 

 

I didn’t even go downstairs for dinner. I wasn’t hungry although my stomach said otherwise as it growled threateningly at me. I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling, getting teary as Mum’s last words echoed continuously in my head. It approached 10:00pm. All I could think about was how I was moving tomorrow. I decided to turn my light off even though I didn’t feel like sleeping. I knew I had been lying there for a pretty long time when I heard a car pull into the driveway. I sat up and peered out the window curiously to see a white van parked in the driveway, the same that had almost run over me earlier. Dad got out of the passenger side and waved as the car sped off. Not knowing what to think or do, I lay back down, closed my eyes, and forced myself to go to sleep.


Dad shook me until I woke up. I yawned, stretched, and rolled over the other way.

“Go away, I’m sleeping.” I muttered as I pulled the covers over my head.

“The movers are downstairs.” He said.

“Fine.”

I sat up in bed and glared at him.

“Here are some clean clothes. Get dressed and come downstairs.”

He then left me to it without another word. Dad had picked out some old denim jeans, a stripy orange and white top, and some orange Converse high tops. Reluctantly, I got dressed.

“Hurry up Ally!” Dad shouted from downstairs.

I spotted a hair band on the floor and wrapped it around my hair to make a loose bun. I glanced at myself in the mirror. I looked terrible but, as usual, this was as good as I was ever going to look.

 

I walked downstairs.

“Ally, come on, we have to go. Now! The movers are going to load your bed onto the truck and then leave!” He said as he escorted me to the car.



© 2013 Harriet Styles


Author's Note

Harriet Styles
How can I improve my story (any chapter)?
What do you think will/should happen next?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is cool, I think it's going to be a great story. Keep posting, I will keep reading! And some of your sentences are a little choppy, combining them would make everything flow more smoothly. Looking forward to find out more about Dad's mysterious activities!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Harriet Styles

11 Years Ago

i will keep uploading, thank you so much for reading and reviewing!! :D



Reviews

This is cool, I think it's going to be a great story. Keep posting, I will keep reading! And some of your sentences are a little choppy, combining them would make everything flow more smoothly. Looking forward to find out more about Dad's mysterious activities!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Harriet Styles

11 Years Ago

i will keep uploading, thank you so much for reading and reviewing!! :D
someone comment plz?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 13, 2013
Last Updated on March 13, 2013


Author

Harriet Styles
Harriet Styles

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
My name is Harriet and I am 14 years old (15 in July). I know I am young but I love writing and apparently I am very good for my age (or so I have been told). When I grow up I want to become an author.. more..

Writing
Unlucky Unlucky

A Story by Harriet Styles