Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Harriet Styles

I clutched the box to my chest as I ran down the hall and flung the cupboard open. It wasn't a cupboard at all. In fact, from what I could see, which was almost nothing, it was more like a small room. I heard someone coming up the stairs so I shut the door. Darkness surrounded me.
I took a step forward, tripped, and grabbed onto something causing whatever it was to fall on my foot. Ouch, I muttered. Slowly, I moved further into the darkness, hands outstretched. Up ahead, a bright light shone down from above, eluding the darkness. I stood underneath it and looked up. It was a window.
"Ally, are you up here?" Dad yelled.
I continued moving away from the door, not sure what to expect to find. It was still light where I saw a ladder in the corner. I could hear Dad coming closer. So, taking my chances, I cautiously but quickly climbed it, holding on for dear life. The ladder ended and the darkness closed in on me.
As I reached out my hand, I realised there was a platform. I crawled onto it and as my pupils adjusted, I could just make out the outline of an empty room. I ran my fingers along the walls until I found the light switch. I flicked it. Sure enough, the room was empty except for a crowded shelf on the far side of the room.
"Ally!" Dad yelled again, his footsteps made the ground shake.
Suddenly, the door opened and light intruded the room, hurting my eyes. I sat down in the corner, not daring to breathe. Without warning, I sneezed. Unfortunately, it was just loud enough for Dad to hear.
"Hello? Is someone there?"
I couldn't see him but I could hear the fear in his voice. Then, there was a clatter and a bang.
"Ouch" I heard Dad mutter.
The door shut and then there was silence.


© 2013 Harriet Styles


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

Harriet Styles
Harriet Styles

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
My name is Harriet and I am 14 years old (15 in July). I know I am young but I love writing and apparently I am very good for my age (or so I have been told). When I grow up I want to become an author.. more..

Writing
Unlucky Unlucky

A Story by Harriet Styles