Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Harriet Styles

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter Seven.



I clutched the book to my chest as I ran down the hall and flung the cupboard open. It wasn't a cupboard at all. In fact, from what I could see, which was almost nothing, it was more like a small room. I heard someone coming up the stairs so I shut the door. Darkness surrounded me.
I took a step forward, tripped, and grabbed onto something causing whatever it was to fall on my foot. Ouch, I muttered. Slowly, I moved further into the darkness, hands outstretched. Up ahead, a bright light shone down from above, eluding the darkness. I stood underneath it and looked up. It was a window.
"Ally, are you up here?" Dad yelled.
I continued moving away from the door, not sure what to expect to find. It was still light where I saw a ladder in the corner. I could hear Dad coming closer. So, taking my chances, I cautiously but quickly climbed it, holding on for dear life. The ladder ended and the darkness closed in on me.
As I reached out my hand, I realised there was a platform. I crawled onto it and as my pupils adjusted, I could just make out the outline of an empty room. I ran my fingers along the walls until I found the light switch. I flicked it. Sure enough, the room was empty. But there, in the corner of the room, I noticed a small wooden box. I walked over and picked it up. When I tried to open it, it was locked. I wasn't surprised.
"Ally!" Dad yelled again, his footsteps made the ground shake.
Suddenly, the door opened and light intruded the room, hurting my eyes. I sat down in the corner, not daring to breathe. Without warning, I sneezed. Unfortunately, it was just loud enough for Dad to hear.
"Hello? Is someone there?"
I couldn't see him but I could hear the fear in his voice. Then, there was a clatter and a bang.
"Ouch" I heard Dad mutter.
The door shut and then there was silence.
PLEASE NOTE: I am not finished this chapter-I am uploading as I go :D


© 2013 Harriet Styles


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

Harriet Styles
Harriet Styles

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
My name is Harriet and I am 14 years old (15 in July). I know I am young but I love writing and apparently I am very good for my age (or so I have been told). When I grow up I want to become an author.. more..

Writing
Unlucky Unlucky

A Story by Harriet Styles