Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Harriet Styles
"

no description

"

It didn't take long for Dad to get impatient. He beeped his horn several times at the car in front of us. I wondered if we would ever get to our new house. At the rate we were going, we probably wouldn't. With half an hour left of the long-winded car trip, I was bored as anything, and even more fed up than Dad-something which I did not think possible.


Flashback:


"Dad, I'm bored!" I whined.

"Not much longer now sweetie,"

I hated waiting, always had. I couldn't wait to see Mum again. All I could think about was her outstretched arms, ready to hug me. Dad's phone rang. As he took it out from his pocket, his eyes widened.

"Dad's what's wrong?" I asked.

He held up a hand, walked upstairs, and shut his bedroom door.


I pressed my ear up to the door. The conversation was muffled but I could hear him crying. Finally, he opened the door. I stared at him as tears dribbled down his red blotchy face. I had never seen him cry before. It was kind of an odd feeling. I didn't know whether or not to comfort him.


"Is Mum still coming home?" I asked, crossing my fingers.

He stared at the ground.

"We need to talk about something kiddo," Dad said, his voice shook, "you know the trip your Mum went on for work?"

I nodded eagerly.

"The promotion?" 

"Yeah, the promotion," He hesitated, "That phone call was from the hospital. Your mother, she...she had an accident on her way home."


"Is she going to be okay?" I asked, worriedly.

There was a long silence.

"Kiddo, sometimes in life things happen, these things are maybe too hard for you to understand. What I'm trying to say is, your Mum is in hospital. She's in a coma."

My heart sunk; my eyes burned from holding back tears; my head spun. What happened next was a blur.


As soon as Dad parked the car in the parking lot at the hospital, we ran to the emergency ward. I was scared, not just because we might lose her, but because she might never wake up.


I couldn't hold back my tears any more. I let them out, they gushed down my face. I was impatient as we waited in line. It was our turn next. The person in front of us was purposely taking their time.


"Excuse me, excuse me," Dad half-pushed her out of the way, "my wife is in a coma, I need to see her."

"Name?" The old lady sitting at the counter said in a monotone.

"Emma Williams."


She typed the name into the computer.

"Ward 387, down to the left, last one on the right. Who's next?"

We hurried to Mum's ward just in time to see two nurses wheeling a bed out of the room.

Dad approached one of the nurses.

"Hi, I'm looking for my wife, is this Ward 387?" He asked.


The nurses exchanged a look.

"Would your wife's name be Emma Williams by any chance?"

He nodded.

"I'm terribly sorry for your loss, you're too late. She passed away around four minutes ago. This was her bed."

My whole world fell apart that very moment.



© 2013 Harriet Styles


Author's Note

Harriet Styles
please help me, I am really struggling!! :C

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5



Author

Harriet Styles
Harriet Styles

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
My name is Harriet and I am 14 years old (15 in July). I know I am young but I love writing and apparently I am very good for my age (or so I have been told). When I grow up I want to become an author.. more..

Writing
Unlucky Unlucky

A Story by Harriet Styles