Brina - Melancholy Astronautic Man

Brina - Melancholy Astronautic Man

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally
"

I know you might not understand how this character comes into this story, but if you would just be patient with me so I can finally incorporate her more into the story that would be highly appreciated

"

Brina Dubois got a call from Callingwood High School saying that she was needed to substitute for the next week. She wasn't sure why it was that long, and she never got the chance to ask. She used to be a teacher at an elementary school until a serious of events happened and made her quit. 

Its funny how 4 years can change someone. Can change someone completely up to a point where their own daughter didn't recognize her anymore. With the new identity of Brina Dubois in a new country, nobody was going to recognize her. Starting over was fresh, starting over was what she needed most after the death of her 10 year old son, Jason. 

She looked at the photograph of her former self. A blonde haired woman with blue eyes and a very thin body. She had a birthmark right above her eyebrow that it couldn't be removed at all. She looked in the mirror at her current self, with nearly dyed black shaggy hair that took her years to grow and a couple dollars to dye, and with the help of contacts, her eyes were the color of cocoa. They were warm and rich, but at the same time had a lot of fear in them. She still had that birthmark, that dark brown birthmark that everyone thought was very light charcoal smeared above her eyebrow. She put on a few pounds so she didn't look as skinny, she fitted out well now. 

Putting down the pictures and shaking her head a little as to get the thoughts out of her head, she started getting dressed for her first day of substituting an English class. If any of the students found out what her real job was, her life endangering job, everything would come tumbling down. She doubt anyone in the class had the smarts to figure it out, though.

Brina opened the doors to her closet and walked in, wondering what she should wear. She wanted to make a good appearance, but mostly just for one student in particular. With that in mind, she put on a black pencil skirt with a hot pink blouse that tucked down her skirt. Then, black low heels that made her look a little bit taller, but more professional. 

After fiddling around with her hair for 10 minutes, she decided to leave it down and wild. She wanted something that made her look natural, so she put on pink lip gloss and a light cream colored brown for eye shadow.

"Almost perfect," she whispered to herself as she opened her jewelry box to reveal a pearl necklace that Jason bought her for her 26th birthday. She ran her finger over the hard, cold beads and fought back the urge to cry. 

"My baby, I won't rest until justice is served in your honor." She smiled greedily and put on the necklace.



© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This sounds interesting. It would be nice if something cryptically weird happens at the end of this chapter to contrast with her with her dangerous job to bring irony in as if to say that all's not as it seems.

You're very good at introducing lots of main characters at once and bringing a back story to them without it sounding contrived or forced. I can actually imagine it as I read it without having to scroll up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm real interested in one part in particular.. "She wanted to make a good appearance, but mostly just for one student in particular." Yeahh... that part. It seems like it could be... naughty ;p

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting read! Thank you for sharing with me!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh yes, this is my favorite character so far. A lot of potential depth and sorrow. I don't know why she smiled greedily, though.

Posted 12 Years Ago


just one question, whats her real job????? now i have to find out, and that is a very good thing, so great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brina reminds me of Skye off of Y&R for some reason looool.


Posted 12 Years Ago


I like where this si going, she is interested especially in one student...revenge is on the horizon!
keep em coming!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can see where all the characters are fitting together now. There were more grammatical errors in this chapter than the last two. Brina's character is not a very positive one so far. I have no drive to like her; she seems like an assassin or something. Also, I didn't know ten-year-olds could buy pearl necklaces =P. The last sentence almost makes me hate Brina.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm, this is a good chapter. Brina is unique. I wonder who Jason is and if he's died? Reading on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Something about sharing a woman's closet, that's very ' Venus doing toiletries,' especially on a passage about 'substituting'.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

630 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Room 8611 Room 8611

A Poem by Tasha