Kyero - As if you were mine

Kyero - As if you were mine

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally

But inside your heart it is black and its hollow, and its cold. Just how deep do you believe?

Kyero mouthed the words of the song that was playing on the radio as he starred out the window, watching the city he grew up in flash in front of his eyes. 

"Are you excited for your first day of your junior year, sweetie?" Kyero's mom, Channon, said while she made a turn around the corner to the school.

"No." Kyero grumbled and rubbed his eyes, getting all the sleep out. He shouldn't of worked so hard on his poetry last night. All he needed was 3 more poems until he could complete a portfolio and show it to his mom's friend, Dion, who was a journalist. He could possibly get his work published. 

"I don't know what time I'll be done work tonight, so there's leftover lasagna in the fridge if you get hungry."

"Yum." Kyero tried to sound enthusiastic, but he was getting tired of having leftovers every second night. But it was better than nothing, right? 

What if this whole crusade's a charade and behind it all there's a price to be paid, for the blood on which we dine. Justified in the name of the holy and the divine.

"Alright sweetie, here we are. You'll be okay taking the bus home tonight?" She asked, even though she didn't really care for the answer that Kyero gave her. 

"Yes, mom." He opened the door and closed it behind him, turning around to see his mothers worried expression.

"Don't be late. And maybe put a smile on for once. Take care, hun. Text me when you get out of school." She waved before driving off, her rusty red Ford Crusader getting lost in the swarm of vehicles up until a point where Kyero couldn't see her car anymore. 

He sighed and turned towards the extremely large Callingwood High School. Students were already gathered in large groups around picnic tabled, around the steps of the school, around the parking lot, basically everywhere. Now the question was, what group would I fit into?

Walking towards the doors of the high school seemed to take forever. He got a couple glares from football players and a couple smiles from cheerleaders. One cheerleader in particular stood out, she had a black hair that was styled into a pixie cut. She looked too dark to be a cheerleader, but maybe things were different at this school. 

He pulled open the large brown doors of the school and entered. It had a combination of sweat and perfume. There was a cacophony of deafening shrieks of laughter and conversations loud enough that Kyero overheard. 

"So, did it really smell that bad?" He caught from a couple of jocks standing near the entrance of the door. 

"Can I borrow a pen, I think I forgot my bag in Mac's car." Like he knows who the hell Mac is. 

This school was going to get some getting used to.



© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
I apologize if this is getting off to a boring start. I'm just trying to formalize a story line that will make you guys more interested. For now, here's another chapter of Kyero basically introducing him.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Despite the slow introduction going on, I love how the narration gives an insight as to how the characters think. "All he needed was 3 more poems until he could complete a portfolio and show it to his mom's friend, Dion, who was a journalist. He could possibly get his work published." I didn't hear any optimistic sentences in the previous chapter about Brina. So it looks like some character development is happening already.

Posted 12 Years Ago


If I hear one more set of song lyrics...xD Sorry, but that is getting tedious now. 'Extremely' is also a word to be used with caution- it can dumb down writing and not create the desired effect. Also, looked too dark to be a cheerleader? That's a bit presumptuous, is it not? And it's alluding to a potential romance already with that line alone, which I hope doesn't happen as that would be so obvious. Jocks is also a stereotype that shouldn't really be used.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kyero seems like a really stereotypical emo kid, which I don't like. The chapters are insanely short, you might want to look into making them a bit longer. Also, I'm not all up for the whole "jocks and cheerleaders" idea. I mean, that's how every cliche story is. At least don't use the words 'jock' and 'cheerleader'. It makes you sound uninformed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting. Indeed, schools need getting used to. Well done. Reading on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


really really good a couple of missing words i think i do it all the time but other wise great

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it's have intsead of of, I still enjoy reading and I think Medea is my favorite. Perhaps because of the namesake, from the Greek Mythology. I liked this very much, well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Not a boring start. Need some history and some character building. I like the description of the school and the people. A very nice ending to a very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Being the new kid is hard (I was twice)!
This book is getting me curious!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was real good. I enjoyed following the story by the end I was hooked yearning for more. Maybe next period after the bell rings give me more...lol

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..