Kyero - The love that can't be

Kyero - The love that can't be

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally

    Kyero wrapped his arms around Medea protectively. Right after they got off the phone with their parents, the slaves named Zedrick and Chi forced them into a dark room with no windows or vents. The four, black plain walls were starting to haunt Kyero. 

    "Whats going to happen?" Medea was sitting in between Kyero's legs, her back pressed against his stomach and his arms around her waist. His hands rubbed her stomach in a soothing motion.

    "I'm not sure," Kyero said honestly.

    "Sorry for the way I treated you in class earlier today," Medea said out of the blue. Her voice was surprisingly calm. 

    Kyero found himself chuckling a couple times, "don't worry about it. We all do stupid things." 

    Medea nodded and closed her eyes, taking in the silence.

    Not even 3 minutes later, there was a soft knock on the door. Both Medea and Kyero jumped and Medea moved away from Kyero's legs, sitting beside him. 

    In entered a girl around their age with dark dark brown hair that fell just below her chest. As she moved towards the center of the room, she pulled down a string that was hanging from the ceiling, and light flooded the room.

    Kyero saw that the girl was bruised and scarred. There were scabs that looked like scratch marks all down her biceps to her forearm. Her eyes were brown and sad. 

    She was holding some sort of bag, a brown paper bag.

    "Who are you?" Medea said, and her voice dragged him back to the room. 

    "I'm Kizira. One of Kalliope's slaves. I'm here to give you your food," she sat down in front of the both of them and poured out the contents that were in the bag.

    There was two sandwiches, they both looked to be turkey. Then there was two small cups and a thermos. 

    Kyero licked his lips in dehydration. He forgot about how thirsty he was.

    Kizira opened the lid of the thermos and poured water into both cups, and one to Kyero and the other to Medea. 
    "Thank you," Medea said kindly, she licked her lips before sipping little sips of water down her dry throat.

    Kyero's hand brushed Kizira's, and as soon as that happened, Kizira pulled back so fast that his cup fell to the ground and water splashed everywhere. 

    Kizira gasped a little. "I'm so sorry," she moved the cup so it was positioned upwards, and standing up and looked around for something to dry it with. 

    She looked down at her brown tattered dress and tore a long piece from the top and bottom of her dress and soaked up the water on the ground.

    Once she was finished with that, she put the tattered pieces of clothing in the bag, and moved the sandwiches in front of them, and pulled her hands back before they couldn't make contact with anyone else. 
    "How old are you?" Medea asked her. 

     Kyero looked at the sad girl and already felt bad for her. How could such a young girl be a slave to someone evil enough to lock two teenagers in an isolated room? 

    "I'll be 18 in November," she said quietly. 

    "I'll be 17 in January," Medea said with a smile as she unwrapped her sandwich and took a bite. She groaned in pleasure, the contents of the sandwich making her mouth water.

    Kyero didn't touch his sandwich, he was more interested in the girl rather than the food. 

    Kizira poured more water into Kyero's cup, and looked at him for a couple seconds before flinching away.

    His gaze wandered from her eyes to her arms, "what happened to your arms?" Kyero wondered, starring at them and frowning before looking at her face.

    Kizira blushed and put both her arms behind her back, "nothing." 

    "Did Kalliope do that to you?" Kyero felt so much sympathy for this girl, that he wanted to take her in his arms. 

    "No. Its a medical condition." 

    "Your medical condition is making your arms bleed?" Kyero raised an eyebrow.

    Medea swallowed the mouthful of her sandwich and flicked his arm with her hand, "stop asking so many questions. If she wanted you to know, she would've told you already. Some things you don't need to know." Medea looked back down at her sandwich and took another bite, pretending nothing happened.

    The edge of Kizira's mouth quirked upwards and Kyero saw her smiling.

    "Why are you here?" Kyero kept asking her questions, wanting to know the things that were going through his head.

    "I'm a slave for Kalliope. I'm here because she took me in. I owe her everything I possibly can, so I do this," she brought her arms from behind her back and rested them on her legs.

    "Do you know why we are here?" He leaned in so his elbows were resting on his thighs.

    Kizira looked at him and then at Medea, and sighed as she looked down at her hands. "What do you know about your parents?"

    Medea and Kyero both looked at each other, and their eyebrows came together in confusion. 

    Medea was the first to look at Kizira, "what do you mean?" 

    Kizira bit down on her lip, "do you know where they came from? Who their ancestors were?" 

    They both shook their heads. 

    Kizira sighed and moved her hair away from her neck. "You might want to find that out. I think you're here because you have a different...bloodline." 

    "Huh?" Kyero said to her, his lips came together.

    Kizira's eyes widened a bit, and she got up quickly, "I've told you too much. Its time for me to go." She looked at Kyero and Medea once again, and quickly ran to the door and knocked three times. 

    The door opened, and she scurried out, and the door closed tightly behind her. 

    Kyero looked at Medea. "Do you know anything about this?" 

    "No. But I'd really like to find out."

    "Me too." Kyero looked at the floor where his sandwich was still left untouched. He picked up his paper cup and let the warm liquid fill his parched mouth. 

    As the liquid trickled down his throat, he kept wondering what Kizira meant.

    Everything was starting to piece together. He just hoped that he would find the answer to why they were both here before they got into something they both knew nothing about.



© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
**ATTENTION**
If you've read my other story: Sins of Yesterday, then you'll already know a bit about Kizira. Sins of Yesterday was basically a short story outside of Unholy Confessions. If you haven't read it:
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/hetero-shmetero/779042/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for providing the link to your other story. Thank was really sweet of you. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nothing much to say here other than I want answers in the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesomeawesomeawesome. That was an amazing chapter. I love how he wrapped his arms protectively around her. Brilliant. MORE. NOW.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved it. Very well written. Keep writing! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was great! I love this so far, and i want answers to the questions to!! And now i will read Sins of Yesterday. Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Creates an impression of being way ahead of the reader. Quite a tug at the strings of interests.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Mm, this was a predictable but nonetheless enjoyable addition to the book. We now have an idea of how this whole thing is going to draw together. I wonder what's going to be a part of their bloodline- magic? This was a good cliffhanger chapter, and Kizira gives us a nice link between the captives and the captors. I still hold out hope that Brina isn't bad, or if she is, that she will come through for the captives, because of her own loss. Much potential for great character development here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this very much. Poor Kizira, I'm really anxious to read more. Well done, great chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Life impressionment.. Nice chaps..

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

592 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Room 8611 Room 8611

A Poem by Tasha