Brina- A little piece of heaven

Brina- A little piece of heaven

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally
"

This chapter is a little longer. I hope you enjoy it!

"
Brina parked in the staff zone of the parking lot. She quickly glanced at her review mirror to see if anyone was following her, she usually did that out of habit. But now it was getting to a point where she didn't even notice she was doing it.
She moved the review mirror down so she could look at her reflection. Her black hair was all over the place, but in a way it was surprisingly tamed. She rubbed her lips together and got out of the car.
As she walked by, students glanced at her weirdly. She had to mentally calm herself down in order for her not to give into her paranoia that was casting a shadow over her.
She inhaled deeply and held her head up in confidence and walked into the school. She already knew which classroom she would be teaching in.
But one thing that was in her thoughts was that she should of brought something with her- a bag, a purse, but instead it was all in the trunk of her car, securely. Another habit of hers; she never really carried anything with her. 
"Class 105, class 105, class 105." Brina mumbled under her breath. 
She didn't pay attention to few people around her, she just wanted to find where she was suppose to be.
She walked quickly around the corner and knew that that wasn't where she was suppose to be. 
Brina, being the person that always knew where she needed to go, looked down at her watch. Block 2 started in less than 10 minutes, and she didn't even know where her class was located.
"Excuse me?" Brina said to a tall boy that was at his locker. 
He turned around and gave a warm smile, and Brina studied the young man for a moment. He had dreadlocks and very sharp, sharp features. Brina would of recoiled at the look of this boy, but the dreadlocks really suited him. 
"Did you need something?" The boy with dreadlocks asked her politely. He put one hand in his pocket and looked over at her, his eyebrows coming together. "You're new, aren't you? Are you a senior? Teacher?" 
"Teacher. Er, well, substitute teacher." She didn't like being questioned by this boy for some reason. Well, she didn't really like being questioned by anyone for that matter. "Whats your name?" Brina asked impatiently. 
"Devyn, Devyn Styls. And are you lost?"
"Yes, I guess I am. I was wondering where classroom 105 is. They called me in this morning and told me where to go, but no directions whatsoever." 
He nodded in an understanding way, "just go down that hallway-" he pointed down the hall where they were, "-then turn left and on the right side of the hallway there should be a classroom right by the bulletin board for Work Experience." 
Brina put a mental note of where it was in her mind, then smiled at Devyn. "Thank you. What class do you have next?" 
Devyn looked a little bit uncomfortable, but who could blame him? "I have Culinary Arts next, then English 10-1."
Brina tried to hide the mischievous grin that wanted to appear on her lips. She was the substitute teacher for English 10-1, and he was one of her students. Along with 2 others that she was desperately wanting to meet. "Thank you again, Devyn. I'll see you around." She walked passed him and down the hallway, knowing that the lingering gaze of Devyn was still on her.

Brina felt some relief when she saw the lesson plan sitting nicely on the desk. She skimmed through it, catching things that would give her one-on-one time with Kyero and Medea.

Block 2: 
10:45AM-12:00PM
- Since you don't know most of them, introduce yourself and tell the class to introduce themselves to you, one at a time. This should only take between 10-15 minutes.

- Help students edit and revise their work when they are finished writing their short story about the future and what it holds for them. (Can be an essay or narrative.) They will be finishing it up this class, and if they aren't finished, keep the ones that aren't in detention (make sure you tell them they aren't actually in trouble.)

Brina smiled at the elegant handwriting of the teacher, Mrs. Portia. She looked up at the clock and it read 10:39AM. She had less than 4 minutes before the bell would ring, signaling the shift of classes.
Let the madness begin.


Riiiiiiiiiiing!
Between the loud cacophony of the bell and students voices outside the classroom, Brina still managed to be calm and patient for her students to swarm into the classroom like ignorant bee's.
"Medea!! I told you that you shouldn't wear that shirt to school. People might mistake you for a teacher rather than a student." 
Two girls entered the classroom, one was really tall and had her hair up in a tight bun with a couple strands of curly hair by the side of her face. Her eyes looked sad, but cheerful at the same time. Conflicting eyes have never been fun for Brina. 
The other girl was short with long blonde silky hair. Basically your typical teenage popular. Oh how Brina hated those kind of girls! 
Even when she went to high school for a short amount of time, she always dreaded even to look at girls who thought they were superior to her.
Both of them sat in the back of the classroom, giggling and laughing about something that Brina couldn't quite catch.
Then walked in a couple of guys with thick glasses, curly hair and braces. If it wasn't for the difference in height and the different shades of their skin, Brina would swear that they were twins.
She looked at the door again and saw a striking boy who looked lost. But when he looked at the board and saw "English 10-1, Mrs. Laroche", he sat down near the front with his bag on the desk. 
Was that him? Brina thought to himself. Kalliope gave her a brief appearance description, but it did match the boy sitting in front of her. If her hunch was right, when she asked for everyone's names, and he said Kyero, she would know for sure about who the two Kalliope wants. 
When Brina looked up, she saw that there were a whole lot more kids in the room when she looked last. 
Riiiiiiiiiiing!
Brina jumped and a couple kids laughed. 
"Don't worry, Mrs. L, that's the last bell. Meaning every kid should be in here." One of the extremely identical guys said.
Brina laughed nervously and nodded her head. She hated being spooked, everyone that knew her, knew that nobody should ever scare her if they didn't want an arm cut off.
"Is everyone here?" Brina asked, and scanned the small crowd of kids for their answer. Mostly all the kids shrugged.
"Dave and Matthew ain't here, but that's no surprise. But other than that, looks like every one is here." Said a kid who was a little bit over weight and had a little bit too much gel in his hair.
"Thank you, and your name is...?" Brina said directly to the boy. 
"Tyrone. Most people call me Ty." He winked at her and Brina laughed and shook her head. 
"Well thank you Ty." Brina walked over to the door and closed it, then turned to see everyone's eyes on her.
"As some of you may know, Mrs. Portia is on an extended leave due to personal reasons I'm not informed of. So you'll have me for the next week or so. I'd like to start off with some introductions. I want to learn a little bit about you, and after, I'll tell you a little about me. Sound fair?" 
Some people nodded and some people mumbled in harmony "yes".
"Alright. I'll start from the front row, and work my way to the back. When I point to you, I expect you to say your name and one thing about yourself. And you may not say 'pass' or 'I don't have anything important to say about myself'. Give me real answers." Brina smiled, trying not to look too serious, "alright. I'll start with you young man." Brina pointed to the boy with shaggy blonde hair at the front. 
Please be Kyero, please. Brina said to herself. 
"Michael. And I like to play C.O.D" A smirk appeared on his face and a couple people laughed behind him.
Brina nodded, "that's acceptable." Brina looked at the next classmate who introduced herself as Helen and she liked to play her guitar.
After a couple of introductions, Brina finally got to the girls she saw walking in and giggling earlier. 
"I'm Medea. I like to travel to exotic places." She smiled and the girl beside her giggled for some reason that Brina was completely oblivious to. 
The next girl stuck out her tongue to the boy, Michael, that was in the front row. "I'm Cassandra, and there isn't one thing that I can tell you about me. There are millions of amazing things." 
"Are one of your amazing qualities a failure to answer a question?" A boy that was beside them asked. When he looked up Brina knew that that was Kyero. The description was identical to the boy sitting a little ways in front of her. 
Blonde hair? Check!
Baby blue eyes? Check!
Creamy skin color? Check!
Slim lips, with a scar below his lip? Check!

Yep, it was definitely Kyero, Brina said to herself.
"Are one of your amazing qualities a failure to wait till your turn?" Medea said, defending her friend. 
"Whoa, you even  have a lap dog to retort an insult. You must be stupider than I thought." The blonde boy said.
"You know nothing about me, loser. So just wait your turn." Cassandra looked at her nails, pretending to be completely bored of this situation.
"Oh, but I know your type. I've been to enough schools to know that you are a brainwashed barbie who needs boys and money to feel good about herself." 
"That's enough!" Brina said, cutting in before Cassandra had the chance to respond. "Boy, tell me your name and one thing about yourself." 
The boy looked up at Brina and held her gaze for a couple seconds. "Kyero. And I write." 
"Well, Kyero. I guess you'll be writing your story about the future in detention along with your classmate Cassandra and Medea." 
The class joined in to create a roar of the word "burn".


© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
It came to my attention that some people couldn't read my prier font for my stories, so I'll change them as soon as possible. Enjoy another chapter of Brina. You might start to pick up little hints about I'm planning to do with her. If not, look a bit closely. And I do know that some of you might be getting frustrated with me not telling you what Brina wants to do with Kyero and Medea, but just bare with me!

Is she an assassin? A slave? A cop? You all have your different views. :) Share them with me? Leave a review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

review should be rear view. popular should be popular girl. The way these chapters are setup and structured reminds me of Saw in a way, in the sense that there is always a sense of being disorientated when reading it, and how the story is written in such a way that the narrator is always one step ahead of the reader. Also that everything in the story feels like a "setup" and not natural, like some car crash tv is bound to happen, also helps.



Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the ending and your characters. Also, the description of the perfect guy. Really laughed at that. Well done, great chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The ending made me laugh. I like how, at last, the characters are getting tied together. I'm very intrigued to see what Brina's going to do, I don't think it will be anything untoward because of the loss of her own child, and she's too calm and emotionally responsive to be a psychopath. I'm certainly intrigued, I don't have any big critiques in this chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very entertaining story. I like the situation with the school and the strong ending. You have my attention. I will keep reading.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think its great that you dont give away the plot, it keeps a reader wanting more. Great writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really cool, and the left out info just makes me want to read more!! my 1st thought was assassin, but now im thinking they need them to complete a master plan, of what im not sure =:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's good to see everything coming together now in terms of the characters interaction. Wonder where it'll go from here :O

Posted 12 Years Ago


great i love it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Slightly longer. YAY. This was an AMAAAAAZING chapter. I think she's an assassin, by the way she isolates them and then goes in for the killl... Heh. Great chapter, more ASAP :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really liked this. Great job.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

455 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A View on Life A View on Life

A Poem by Thea


Room 8611 Room 8611

A Poem by Tasha