The Prophecy

The Prophecy

A Chapter by A.A.Romanczuk

I am  Mirti.” “ I know, but is Mirti who You are or simply what You are called? ” replied Rada and the boy gazed at the tree astonished. “I do not know…Are You male or female, if I may ask?” “Then You are on the verge of wisdom.. I am both and I am neither. I am what I am and am what I am not and what I seem to be ,I am, and what I seem not to be, I am. “ “You must learn not to speak in riddles, they hurt my brain.” The tree smiled. “You are troubled” it stated. “Yes” said the boy rubbing his thumb in circles on his forehead. “I am troubled…everyone of consequence that I speak to, everyone warns me of some impending doom, of some woe, of things that I must know but cannot now know.” “This is because the doom is centered around Your very existence.” “What do You mean ?” Rada gazed at the stars. The evening was so still that not even a blade of grass dared bend the wrong way. “I cannot tell You all for there are certain things that it is too soon too reveal, others that it would be dangerous to, others that You cannot understand now, and others that would frighten You…still I will tell You what I can…” Mirti bowed his head gently.

“ In the Second Age, a man of the name Halluwed gave a certain prophecy concerning the fate of the world, I will try to recall it for I was there.

‘ Maggots lie neath the gilded frame. Where Perfection blossoms, there is none, and where none is, there shall You find it and It shall be Your saving if Time permits. When Evod bows to Dwors, the frame shall burst and the maggots writhe, consuming the innocent like a vile acid, leaving behind no remnants, giving no chance of escape. What is must die for what must be to live. The throne will crumble, killing centuries, and it shall crumble under the hands of a mere boy. No apparent consequence shall he have, born of the land, yet purple shall grace his back, and with his coming a new Dawn will arise and he shall be called Sotul for that is his True Name though he shall long not know of this. For he has done wondrous deeds Before This Age and cleansed the Earth with his blood and with this coming the Darkness shall consume the maggots where they writhe, and then shall they writhe in agony tenfold. Yet he shall not be without mercy though mercy had they none and soon shall he purge their souls and they shall inhabit another world not unlike this world but this world shall never again know turmoil when he claims the Divine Birthright.He will defeat one whose appearance is that of a lamb but whose heart lies dead like the frigid stone. And the people shall oppose him in favor of the evil one yet he shall be victorious and preside not over the petty empire for the empire shall be no more but his shall be the world.’ 

“But Rada, how does this concern me?” “Do You not see it?” asked Rada slowly, “You are the boy of whom the prophecy speaks…” “How do You know it is me..there are many poor boys in the empire and besides, this prophecy does not sound threatening.” Rada smiled. “ I know that You are the boy for I know Your past lives for I have lived each one with You. I have been granted the power of remembrance for the sole purpose of guiding You or rather not You but Your particular part of the Universal Soul. If You listen to the prophecy carefully, You will see that being a poor boy is not the only qualification if it is even to be a qualification…for it says only “No apparent consequence shall he have, born of the land.” We are all born of the land, boy, and one can just as easily have all the wealth in the world and no true consequence. You must find a deeper definition of consequence. The prophecy does not sound threatening to You because You are not one of the maggots but there are many who would destroy You for they know the fulfillment prophecy would destroy their saintly covers. Besides the prophecy speaks of the ruination of the royal family…there are those who love power and will go to any lengths to preserve that power. The Krad Dlo Dynasty has held the throne since the Third Age, we are nearing the Seventh Age…the Age of Overturning. Have You not heard of the Hunt of the Innocents? You think those children were truly defective or that there is economical need of a quota upon the children of the poor? Nay, those were installed that You might be weeded out by chance. But the Lord protects his servants, Mirti, and You have naught to fear for He is with You. Do Not Be Afraid for though dark times are ahead, there is a handful of those who would help You fulfill this prophecy.”

“I will ponder Your words but I do not rejoice at them.”

“You cannot avoid Your destiny, remember that.”

“This is unsettling.Do we not have choices, Rada?” said he most bitterly.

“ Choices..”said the tree softly” Yes, right and wrong choices..but what must be always comes to be. The only difference between evasion and acceptance is that if You accept Your Fate at once, You may be the Master of it..if You evade and Fate forces itself upon You..You may very well become its Slave.”

The boy nodded and rose. “ Good Night.” “Good Night” It was a troubled mind that lay in bed that night but Nature’s need overwhelmed the boy and soon he found himself in a dreamless sleep.



© 2010 A.A.Romanczuk


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

More Gibran type wisdom. The tree is the prophet in wood form. Right from the beginning with the deep psychological questions are excellent

What the f**k. You’re like some sort of Tolkien monster birthed from the maggots you write about. This is an entire world being created by you, in your likeness and can easily blow away the Harry Potter/twilight bullshit parade with a shotgun. The way to explain the cosmogony of things and how the earth was born and the darkness is flawless. This is almost too good to read on some s****y little website of circle jerks. I’d buy this, in hardcover.

I love the author sytle of capitalizing “You” as if he is truly getting the attention of a chosen one even by the writer herself.
The seventh age, the hunting of the innocents. There are so mancy more thing you can explan from this. Brilliant.
This isn’t just writing, this is a marketable movie and flow of a literary monster. What more can be said. Its awesome.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

More Gibran type wisdom. The tree is the prophet in wood form. Right from the beginning with the deep psychological questions are excellent

What the f**k. You’re like some sort of Tolkien monster birthed from the maggots you write about. This is an entire world being created by you, in your likeness and can easily blow away the Harry Potter/twilight bullshit parade with a shotgun. The way to explain the cosmogony of things and how the earth was born and the darkness is flawless. This is almost too good to read on some s****y little website of circle jerks. I’d buy this, in hardcover.

I love the author sytle of capitalizing “You” as if he is truly getting the attention of a chosen one even by the writer herself.
The seventh age, the hunting of the innocents. There are so mancy more thing you can explan from this. Brilliant.
This isn’t just writing, this is a marketable movie and flow of a literary monster. What more can be said. Its awesome.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 11, 2010
Last Updated on September 11, 2010


Author

A.A.Romanczuk
A.A.Romanczuk

NJ



About
“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde Feel free to check out my first publis.. more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Poem by A.A.Romanczuk


Home Home

A Poem by A.A.Romanczuk