Two.

Two.

A Chapter by Invisible_kid

 

I could bet you 10 million dollars that my face from that point on turned a thousand shades redder than necessary. I could feel the heat in my face intensifying as this extremely hot guy was staring at me laughing while I awkwardly stood there...in my underwear. I opened my mouth to say something funny and completely off of the idea that I was practically half naked but nothing came to mind. I shut my mouth quickly and nervously looked away while exhaling. Then it hit me...I'M STILL IN MY UNDERWEAR!
"Sorry but can you wait here for like a minute?"
I managed to work the words out of my mouth somehow; with a smile that forced his silver lip ring to move upwards along the curve of his lop sided smile he nodded to me. I dashed back to my locker as fast as my legs would take me. The girls in the locker rooms began clearing out as I spun the lock. 15, 26, 30; click. I popped the lock off and grabbed my skinny jeans with my stud belt dangling from inside the black denim loops. I then slid into my lime green tank top with my black and white hoodie to go over. I hadn't taken off my lime green high top converse for gym so there were no shoes to put on. I combed my side bangs quickly and made sure they didn't cover my entire left eye, only a bit of it. I did a quick once-over in the mirror, man I looked good. I hope Zach thinks the same, ha. WAIT. Why do I care? I don't...I don't. I really don't, I mean c'mon! I just met him about 5 minutes ago! Whatever.
I walked to the door and opened them up only to see he had left. WHAT?! UGH! I threw my head back and hit my forehead gently with my palm; I most likely missed my bus too. Now I was stuck here alone? I sat down in the doorway with my back leaning against the cold cinderblock walls of the gym. I plugged my ears with my headphones and began listening to my iPod.
I was listening to 'Skyway Avenue' by we the kings when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Zach standing there! HE DIDN'T LEAVE ME! YES! Wait, play it cool Katie, play it cool. He’s just a guy who didn't leave. Coincidentally he’s gorgeous. YES! I took out my headphones and put my iPod away. He sat beside me and smiled, I could have melted at the sight of his dimples; whoa. I snapped out of my trance and smiled back, well I attempted to but I’m almost positive I looked like an idiot with that goofy grin that you get and you just can't control it. I bit my bottom lip a little bit to hide the smile but really it didn't do much.
"So, I didn't quite catch your name."
"Oh, I’m sorry. Ha I’m Katie. Katie Herald."
"Well nice to meet you Katie Herald. I'm Zach Falter."
Zach Falter. Falter. Zach. Zach Falter. Zach. Falter. The name rung a bell, but an unrecognizable one at that. I knew his name, but where from? Zach Falter. Falter Zach. Falter. Zach. Zach Falter. UGH WHERE DO I KNOW THIS KID FROM?!
"Nice to meet you too."
I giggled, like an idiot. Why? Because I’m an idiot. I wasn't born to flirt like every other female on this planet; I was born to look like Katie Herald, the idiot who shows up in her underwear.
"So Zach, can I ask why Amber Gales brought me to you in such a hurry?"
"Um, well you see...I need a favor. And you’re the perfect girl to help me with it."
He looked down a bit and he seemed nervous to ask, well isn't that cute. A complete loser and nobody talking to an extremely hot guy and he’s the nervous one?
"Which is...?"
"Well, I need a girlfriend-"
"WAIT."
I stood up defensively, I was his blind date? What the hell? NO WAY! He’s just a desperate guy who wants the first girl who will say yes? NEVER!
"Katie hold on just let me finish!"
I stood there for a solid minute, when it hit me. Zach Falter. I had heard so many rumors about him. Bad ones, I hadn’t always believed them, but my best friend Dane always urged me to be guarded around guys like Zach.
"Fine. Say it fast and say it NOW."
I crossed my arms; fuming with anger. I was no one's last resort.
"Katie I need a girlfriend, like a FAKE girlfriend. I want to make my ex girlfriend jealous, I really do love her and she dumped me and thinks I’ll never really move on. I want to show her that I don't need her as much as she thinks I do."
"So let me get this straight, you’re asking me to pretend to date you to make your ex girlfriend jealous...?"
"Kind of."
"Kind of?"
"Okay yes. Yes I’m asking you to be my fake girlfriend."
I sighed for a second looking at the genuinely nervous look in his eyes, I hadn't known him for long but I could already tell he loved this girl.
"Katie, please." He kneeled down and dropped onto one knee, as if he were proposing. God how I wish... "Katie will you be my fake girlfriend?"
I bit my bottom lip in deep thought. Wait, why am I considering this? I JUST MET HIM!
"Zach I’m not going to be your fake girlfriend. Ask amber."
"My ex will never believe I’m with Amber, she knows I really hate amber."
"Wait, you hate amber but you’ll ask her for favors?"
"Well, yeah. I mean she really likes me and all but she’s so not my type. She’s a complete snob; I love those quiet girls, down to earth. You know?"
I’m down to earth...I wonder. WAIT KATIE STOP THAT! HES A RANDOM STRANGER!
"Why should I?"


© 2009 Invisible_kid


Author's Note

Invisible_kid
please review : D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

181 Views
Added on May 11, 2009


Author

Invisible_kid
Invisible_kid

Zebra Town : ), NY



About
Theres a thing about writing that makes me fall in love with it every time i think about it. When your writing, who you are isn't what matters, its what you write and how you word it. You can w.. more..

Writing