Four

Four

A Chapter by Invisible_kid

 

“How do you know that I wonder what its like…? Or that I always help people and play it safe? I thought you just met me..”
He let out a soft laugh before answering completely relaxed. He slid his arm around my waist pulling me closer to his side. His body was warm, everywhere he touched had a certain tingle to it.
“Easy. I know your type, and I could see it in your reactions to certain things. Obviously the play it safe type. You were insulted when I asked you to help me somewhat prank the entire school..secretly.”
“Ha well EXCUSE ME for being so obvious!”
“Oh you should be! I like a girl with some mystery!”
We laughed, almost as hard as the ‘awkward turtle’ promise Zach had made earlier. I had to admit that having Zach be so touchy with me made me nervous, not that I didn’t love it, and not that it didn’t feel amazingly right; it just made it hard not to fall for him. I didn’t want to like him anymore than I already did. Well, not exactly ‘like’ considering I just met him today; but I didn’t want any bigger of a crush. I didn’t need to desire him any more than I already had.
“So Katie can I ask you something as well?”
Huh? What could he possibly want to know about me?
“Uhh sure.”
“Ha, why do you sound so nervous? It’s just a question.”
That’s the way YOU see it. I see it as an opportunity to have something in common with you resulting in a BIGGER crush. Damn what did I get myself into?
“Ha, sorry It just kind of came out funny. Anyways ask away.”
BULLCRAP. COMPLETE BULLCRAP. I tried not to look as nervous as I really was. In all honesty I WAS nervous about the question, I was afraid to answer him. What if it were something that would make me have to reveal something embarrassing about myself? What if he didn’t like my answer? What if what I say turns him off or makes him want to forget about the deal?! CRAP.
“Why are you so nervous to touch me?”
CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP!
“Uhh…”
“Katie, I’m your boyfriend. Your supposed to be able to tell me anything!”
“FAKE boyfriend Zach, ha ha.”
“Close enough, the word boyfriend is in there!”
“whatever.”
I rolled my eyes and giggled hopefully looking cute enough to somehow distract him from the question.
“Well back to the question.”
CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP! Why must nothing I attempt work out as planned? Was a simple distraction REALLY too much to ask for? I gulped and began to speak.
“Look, your right, I’m nervous to touch you.”
“I know that. But why…?”
“Because…”
I sighed quickly, wait, am I about to actually tell him? WHY? He pouted a little, like a slight puppy dog face. Ugh I’m about to pour my guts out to a perfect stranger.
“Because I’m afraid Zach..”
“Of what? Of what people will think? Don’t be, the only opinion we want is Linda’s.”
“Linda?”
“My ex…?”
“Right. Ha.”
He lightly chuckled and grabbed me in a tight hug as if to say ‘don’t worry about this.’ RIGHT. Though how I could I really worry when I was hugging Zach? All I could do was embrace him, and enjoy the scent of AXE, the tickle of his long dark brown hair brushing against my neck, and the warmth of his body so close to mine. If a hug did this much to me, how the hell was I supposed to kiss him without passing out mid-kiss? Eh, it’s a cross-road I’ll come to when I get there, I can’t just kiss him yet anyway. He was the first one to pull away from the hug, I felt like an idiot for keeping him there that long. I didn’t want him to make ANY space between us, but now there was a slight gap. What? A gap? He was just talking to me about NOT having gaps, and now he's making them? Did I make it slightly awkward all of a sudden?
WAIT. Suddenly it dawned on me, he was testing me. I wanted to pass with flying colors, so I decided to go the extra mile. I hopped on his back and giggled, he couldn’t stop laughing as we began running through the school. We looked like idiots, complete and utter idiots. Not that I cared though, I barely noticed the occasional kids around us. It just felt like we had the entire school to ourselves, no one was there but me and him. I felt like I was laying next to him on cloud nine, and nothing could make me come down. I was soaring through the nights of paradise, and no one could take me down.
As I thought this I thought of how much I sounded like a corny love song. But that didn’t mean I still didn’t feel it. I hadn’t even noticed that Zach had put me down though, I was too involved in my thoughts. He was sitting in front of me, wait. I was sitting too; when did this happen? I noticed he was smiling at me, just watching me. Wait, did I have like a booger or something?!
“What?”
I smiled a little, his stare made me feel warm, to think he was paying attention to me.
“Nothing.”
He let out a tiny ‘ha’ and blushed slightly. ZACH FALTER IS BLUSHING? AT ME? OH MY GOD! Hold the phone! He's blushing, now I have to know!
“Liar! Ha ha just tell me Zach.”
He looked at me again, at this point I was getting so warm I was waiting for at least one bead of sweat to drop.
“Its just that you look adorable when your so deep in thought. I love it.”
He looked down shaking his head and laughing a little. Did he just call me cute? Am I cute? Or is that just part of the ‘act?’ I mean, Linda is probably beautiful to him, I will never be able to compete. Its not like I could ever make a guy want me enough to want to make me jealous anyway.


© 2009 Invisible_kid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 26, 2009


Author

Invisible_kid
Invisible_kid

Zebra Town : ), NY



About
Theres a thing about writing that makes me fall in love with it every time i think about it. When your writing, who you are isn't what matters, its what you write and how you word it. You can w.. more..

Writing