Three.

Three.

A Chapter by Invisible_kid

 

I raised a brow while I tapped a slight drum beat with my finger tips against my arm which was still mangled in my position.
“Because you’re a completely nice girl who loves to help anyone in need. You also play it safe ALWAYS and would completely enjoy some mischief, and every single night you begin to wonder what it would be like to do something completely outside of yourself, something you would never go for in a million years. And you want to do this badly, but your shoving up those walls against me. Your view of me is also fading from some strange guy to a completely desperate jerk.”
Whoa. I was stunned, my expression maneuvered into this completely phased, and blank look. He leaned extremely close, was he going to kiss me? oh god he was a little less than an inch away, HE'S GOING TO KISS ME! OH MY GOD! I closed my eyes and was ready to be kissed. I longed for it, I hadn’t know this boy for more then 15 minutes and already my lips were screaming for his. What was wrong with me? I could feel his hot breath on my neck, his scent intoxicating me. I was so ready for him, I wanted to just brush up against his lips.
“And I want to change that.”
WHAT? I opened my eyes quickly, 10 times more stunned. Wait, no kiss? Just a flirty comment? NO KISS? UGH! I wanted it so badly, and what does he do? HE MAKES A FLIRTY COMMENT!
Katie just calm yourself down and don’t let him see any disappointment in your face!
“Katie what's wrong? You look sad.”
Crap. So much for that.
“Uhh nothing.”
“Katie.”
“Honest! I’m just debating, I’m err..focused ha ha.”
“Well listen to me.”
He got close once more, IT WAS THE SAME DAMN KISS TRICK! Thought this time, he lightly gripped both my hands, and intertwined our fingers. His face was even closer this time. But I wouldn’t close my eyes, I wouldn’t fall for the trick! God he was so close, his breath smelt like spearmint. I like spearmint…NO! KATIE LISTEN TO HIM!
“What…?”
I was shocked that I had managed to sputter the word. It was all I could manage, his presence was distracting, and his words sang to me, and how I’d replay the melody, though I could never quite replicate such a beautiful song of words, the sounds would never sound as sweet.
“Please, do this and I can guarantee that you’ll never go back to wondering. Wondering what it’s like to do the things that you’d never even conceder. I can help you break out of this shell, just let me try.”
And with that, he kissed my cheek. My fuming red cheek. My pulse rushed, my face was heating like a sweaty summer, my insides flipped, and my body felt like it couldn’t stop shaking. He pulled back and smiled at me. I tried my hardest to wipe the goofy smile off of my face but after many hopeless attempts I gave up. He won, and he knew it.
“Fine. I’ll do it.”
I breathed a sigh and pretended to roll my eyes, god what was I getting myself into?
“Yes! Thanks Katie!”
“Yeah, yeah your welcome.”
He whipped out his cell phone and handed it to me. I grabbed it and punched in my number and pressed ‘send.’ He grinned as I pulled out my phone and added his number. I flipped the phone to that he could see what I was doing. He made a face right after I put is name in my phone.
“Hmph.”
“What?”
“No heart next to my name?”
“Wow, ha alright fine you can have a little heart next to your name.”
“Thank you baby.”
He wrapped his arms around my waist. At first I froze at the word ‘baby.’ Then with the arms I was completely stiff, there would be no way of getting me to move from this point on.
“Katie relax I’m your boyfriend now remember? We have to make it believable.”
“Right, sorry its just very, very new. Ha.”
He chuckled lightly as he rested his head on my shoulder. I nearly shivered at the tickle of his breath dancing on my neck. He laughed a little as he felt me squirm a little, I slid out of his grip. Yeah he was cute but having a stranger so close made me feel so weird. I had to avoid the uncomfortable feeling. He sighed and rolled his eyes. He furrowed his brows at me, wow that looked adorable. WAIT KATIE STOP THINKING THAT!
“Katie, look. I know we like just met, but don’t be so uneasy with me. I come in peace. Ha.”
He held up his palms like white flags, like safety.
“Just relax, go with it, pretend you actually think I’m more than some gorgeous jerk.”
He wrapped his arms around my waist and looked me dead in the eye. He was close, and I was dying of desire. Kiss me now stranger. The words lingered through my head. How I wish. I smirked and raised both of my brows.
“I never said I thought you were gorgeous.”
“Its implied.”
He grinned from ear to ear, he knew he was right. I knew myself that he was beautiful. By this time we had begun to walk through the hallways of Shelby Blue High School. The halls were dimly lit, it was after school, like anyone cared if the kids could see. ‘after hours’ means ‘who cares’ apparently. We held hands…awkwardly. I pulled mine away, Zach just rolled his eyes and sighed. Officially I think he gave up after the time I slid his hand off of my shoulder. He just walked awkwardly with me, somewhat staring at the space between us. I caught him glimpse at me, and for just a second he seemed like he truly wanted to close that space because it meant he would be close to me, but then the look faded when he turned to look straight forward and shoved his hands in his front pockets. He stopped right in front of me causing me to nearly fall on top of him (not that I would mind him catching me.)
“Look, your clearly not used to having guys touch you. So I think its best we try and practice this couple thing as much as possible.”
“Explain?”
I was honestly confused. Practice? This wasn’t some sort of play with written scripts! What do we practice?
“As in acting like a couple even when its just us. Sincerely putting in the maximum commitment and really pretending to be a couple. As if this wager were just between us, and us only.”
He tried to hide the smile that continued to grow across his face but no such luck for him either.
“So…like we’d constantly be acting?”
“Pretty much, the more we act the easier it’ll get. Not to mention it’ll feel a hell of a lot more natural to you in school when everyone is watching.”
“I guess I see your point, but don’t move too fast with me Zach!”
“Slow as an awkward turtle. I promise ha ha.”
He placed his right hand atop his left and swung his thumbs in a circular motion. Apparently this was the ‘awkward turtle.’ It was pretty funny, I cracked up in the middle of the hallway. Zach couldn’t hold it in either, we both just started laughing at his dorky gestures. The more I talked to Zach, the more I felt like he was a really genuine person. I felt like I was already falling for him, hard. I’d have to try my best not to fall for him, I could just think he was gorgeous, funny, understanding…perfect…amazing. UGH, Katie, you can’t fall for him!
“Can I ask you something?”
He cocked his head to the left in curiosity as the words slid off of my tongue.
“Sure.”


© 2009 Invisible_kid


Author's Note

Invisible_kid
it gets better, it has to move slowly though so please be patient D:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 20, 2009


Author

Invisible_kid
Invisible_kid

Zebra Town : ), NY



About
Theres a thing about writing that makes me fall in love with it every time i think about it. When your writing, who you are isn't what matters, its what you write and how you word it. You can w.. more..

Writing