The End

The End

A Chapter by Irenic
"

it is the last chapter. The end is sad but happy too.

"

She was looking at him. He was looking at her. She was feeling and expressing how much she wwas feeling sorry for him. he was smiling calmly to cheer him. he was smiling through eyes. She closed her eyes because she couldn’t see his sufferings and pain which could be seen through his eyes. She turned her face towards down. “What happened with you, then?” she opened her eyes.

“I opened my eyes. I find myself in prison”, he was looking at her. She looked him. He turned his face downwards “Sitting on a wooden chair with tied hands. I was shocked to see myself there” he was telling him “I looked around, I saw a cop standing in front of me, I heard the voice of the other man from my behind. He walked around me. He was laughing dramatically, celebrating his victory. He was continuously saying that victory was in their hands. I shouted “Let me go”, I was trying to untie myself. I tried to free myself. Cop standing in front of m. hold face terribly. He….…..” she interrupted, his words spinelessened her “What did he say, tell me his direct narration”.

Her interruption left his mouth opened “ “What case, what Fight!”, he exclaimed. Suspiciousness hidden in words was coming on his face. The neagativity from which he was saying was coming on his face. He put his hands away from my face and other cop, came near to me and said “There is no case, there is only the way of closing your mouth”, he said dramatically like a child. I understood everything. I was astonished. I was regretting myself.”  

“How did they treat you?”, she asked. She was listening cautiously. Her question made him to look up. Her question puzzled him. but his puzzleiness was not coming on his face. Seriousness was coming on his face. “What do you want from me to say, truth ot lie?” he asked. His face whitened.

She asked herself what she wanted to listen she wanted to listen lie but she need to listen truth, she followed her need “Truth”.

“Truth is they treated, treat and will treat me badly” he was looking her, he answered expressionlessly. He was feeling her emotions and feeling. He had stone heart but it softened by her feelings and tears.

She told him how she was able to come to meet after 1 year. "I wanted to come to meet you and fight for you but American Embassy wasn't giving me visa for coming there" she was looking down, telling him with expressions of eager which she was to come there. She was expressing her anger and tension. He was looking him.

"Then finally I got visa two months before landing here." a smile came on her face.

She looked him. He looked her. She smiled. He stretched his lips to show he was smiling too. It was difficult for him to smile for that person who leave him alone too when everyone left his hand.

She stood and came in front of him. "please pray for our success" she asked him to pray. He was looking down.

"it is difficult to achieve --" she interrupted put her hand on his mouth. "Don't try to topple from the mountain on which I am climbing" she could not listen something negative. 

"You toppled me from that mountain which I was climbing" he angered.

She bowed her head with guilt “It was misunderstanding”.

He looked away from her “Ohh”, he smiled, and he was being quite sarcastic. She saw his sarcastic smile which vanished in second. She left the place.

He saw her when she went out from the prison with anger. He turned his face towards left side again. He closed his eyes. “I want divorce”, words reminded by him which Sadia wrote in the letter.

He opened his eyes, took out old letter from his pocket. He opened that old yellow stiff paper.

“I want divorce. I want divorce not as a wife. I want divorce as a mother.

I am asking you for it just for Kabir. You will never come back. How can I look grow him up alone.

My hands are shivering to write this word but I am helpless. I want you but you will not be with me anymore.

Water is flowing from the river but I could not take that water.

You free me here but hold my hand in green gardens near the golden gate of heaven.

                                  Your Wife,

                                    Sadia Ahmed.”

He read heartily. He read her name a bit loudly. He closed his eyes with feelings of heartbroken with hands holding the letter. He opened his eyes. He was seeing the word divorce written on it. He remembered how he wrote I divorced you three times with hand halting after writing a word rapidly with pain and melancholy. He remembered how the face of Kabir came in his mind and he moved his hand again to write thw same sentence two times. He remembered how his hand stopped when he wrote I divorced for the thirds time with eager of not giving and pain of giving her because it was important. He remembered how he looked up at the table placed out of the prison with red eyes. He remembered how he looked down and wrote “you”. He put stone on his heart.

               ---

She was standing near the window watching the rain. She remembered it was raining when she was asking him in letter to divorce her. She remembered he was crying without noise. Her tears were falling down while writing each word. She remembered hoe her hand was shivering while writing the letter. She remembered her slight smile when she was writing “hold my hand in green gardens near the golden gate of heaven”.

She remembered how she was crying loudly after folding the letter.

  She opened her eyes when she saw her face looking down at the paper. She extended her hand out of the window. The drops of rain fell on her palm. Took her hand backward with sudden as if someone pinched her. The drops of rain were filled with melancholy and larchyma which she could feel only.. She touched her that hand from the left hand with opened mouth. Tears came out from her eyes while touching that hand, Her loud cry when she received the letter of him in which he divorced her was revolving around her mind. “I ask for divorce but I did not know he would fulfill this wish of mine too”, she remembered her words which she stated when she opened his letter in which he wrote I divorced you three times. She remembered tears was falling from her eyes after stating statement, her mother was sitting beside her who was consoling her when she was crying.

                                  ---

Kiran was sitting in court. “I want to file a case” she said spine fully with straight posture. Judge was looking down on file. He looked up. he gave question ful expressions “Reason please”

“I want to free my brother, Mr Ahmed Ashfaq, who is innocent”, she was still looking him seriously.

“Okay”, he was listening her cautiously as if she was telling her something very important.

“Bring empty file”, he ordered a servant standing with respect beside him.

He bowed his head. He went straight in the room. He brought white empty file. “Sir”, he gave him that file. He took it from him. He smiled at her. he took out piece of paper from the the centre of the pile. He gave it to her. “You have to fill it”, he said seriously, trying to show he was more honourable than her.

She was the only person in her family who got a chance to go America to meet Ahmed just on the basis of securing third position in University of Texas of Austin Law School. She wrote everything true whatever he told him about articles and case. She gave him papers back. He extended his hand to take from her. He hold the papers given by her back with attitude and arrogance. He put numerous papers in that transparent file. 

"Marker", he ordered his servant with same arrogance while putting papers in file.

The servant went straight inside. She was looking judge constantly without blinking. The servant came back with marker. He gave him that marker. He took it from him. He opened the marker. "Case 1108654" he wrote at the top of the file.

He put the marker down. He put his left hand fingers between right hand fingers. He sat straight looking her with arrogance and spine fullness. "Mrs. Shamir!" he exclaimed with sarcastic smile.

she dabbed the table hardly "Yes" she came near the table.

He was sitting on its place. He was not moved. He smiled on her movement. He moved his glasses "Date of case will be announced after 10 days." he announced.

 

After 10 days, she arrived in court. "Welcome Mrs. Shamir", he welcomed. He was being sarcastic.

She widened her lips. She sat on her place in front of him. She was looking him seriously, she was sitting straight "Can we have conservation on that topic for which you asked me to come" she said seriously in strengthened tone and voice.

"Yes, af course"Judge did not lose his confidence and that charm which was expressing his chestiness.

Lawyers were sitting on her sides. She was sitting in front of judge. 

"Rules and Regulations of Case 1108654!" lawyer sitting on her left side took out the name of the white booklet placed in the centre of the long table.

She looked him with serious expressions. She gave questioned expressions on the completion of his exclamation.

"You have to read this", he extended his hand towards the booklet to point out with smile.

"Okay", she looked at the other tall and well physiqued lawyer who asked her to read the booklet.

She extended her hand to take it in her hands. The booklet was quite thin. Kiran, who was wearing a shawl on her head which covered her physique opened it with shivering veins and arteries. The to and fro motion of shivering veins increased when every lawyer's eyes glued at her.

"May the rules are facile", she was trying to stop shivering of her veins.

She took deep breathe when she saw the first rule was as easy as ABC. 13 out of 14 rules could be followed by her easily.

She came on the last page, on the last rule.

"The presence of victim will lead to the fighting of case." she was reading with calm and normally. "The absence of victim in court will  lead to case remain unsolved." these words whitened her feet because she knew his presence in court would be make difficult by them.

Thirty year old lawyer sitting at her left side was looking her " You have to accept every law otherwise there will be no case" he informed her with folded hands.

Kiran who took blue fountain pen in her right hand, closed her eyes    "Oh Allah make my path easier for me " she remembered Allah, on whom she had doctrine of faith. She opened her eyes. She was extending her hand to do signature with whitened feet and shivering veins from inside "Ya Allah" she was constantly saying with closed lips without any noise.

She signed with speed. She looked up. She found everyone was looking her still

"When I have to fight the case in court?", she asked sitting confidently.

Judge moved his glasses. She sat straight "you have to fight case on day after tomorrow" he announced. He stood moved his gown towards his shoulders. He turned around.  He stepped forwards towards the gate at right. 

Kiran who was sitting relaxly with pen she was was holding pushing its button to open and close constant, looking his movement sharply "who", she dabbed the pen loudly on the table, came in contact with the table. She was looking him sharply. "will fight case in your favour"  the movement of Judge halted.  He about turned towards her. She said with spine fullness. "day after tomorrow with me", she asked with moving eyes and eyebrows as casually as she could.  

He was standing straight. He was noticing his expressions seriously. He moved his glasses towards the back. He looked up at her "Liam Beckham".  

The name of New York's best lawyer  astonished her which she kept hidden "Okay". She stood in front of him but at very long distance. He was standing at the left near the antique gate at left right. She  was standing at right side near the table. She stepped forward towards the old looking gate of large court e gate room at right left. She pushed the gate outside. She stepped outside the room. She came out and closed the gate looking him seriously. 

                          --

"Please, enter in court, your entrance would lead us to victory"standing in front of him who was sitting with eyes looking down.

 

he looked up "Okay", he was looking her with eyes filled with the need of sleep.

"Your time is over, Mrs. Shamir", a cop standing opened the gate of the prison alerted her.

she looked him "Yes I am going".

 

 Before the day of Hearing of Case in Court

Ahmed who knew that he could not reach there was going to sleep at his fixed position was being called by a cop "Mr. Wilde is calling you".

He was going to sleep but his words made him to stand straight. "Come with me", he stepped forward behind him. they walked across the corridor to reach Room 8: Wilde David.

"Sir", he pushed the door hardly "Here is Ahmed", Ahmed stepped forward. He stood beside him. 

 Wilde was smoking a pipe. He moved his hand at left side with curve,pointing out at the gate "You go!". he hugged his right hand  fingers to his palm of right hand several times "You (Ahmed) come in"

Ahmed entered in the room normally with expressionless face. The cop remained stand at his place. ahmed came near the table of his room. the cop hold the handles of the doors of his room. he moved backward, joining the doors. he closed the room. 

 

"The hearing of case will not take place in your absence" the chair was being moved by him in left and right direction making suspicious expressions.
Ahmed who was wearing glasses looking him normally.
He had predicted his future.
He moved his chair in left while smoking.
He put his hand in pocket "will you go?" He asked.
He was looking down. He looked up to answer "yes" .
The sound of "dishkiyaoon" would heard by everyone in police station when moved his seat in centre in rapid pace and shoot on his head suddenly. 
"Now victory is in our hands", Wilde laughed negatively. 

Day of hearing of case
The lady in black gown which is worn by lawyers usually on white Shalwar and trouser with white long scarf marched towards the court room.
She stepped in the room with the name of Allah "let me be the victor of today" she stepped in with closed eyes praying for her success.
She was sitting on left side and Mr. Beckham on right side.
The needle striked at 9 in the morning "Bring Mr.Ahmed in the court room" and judge ordered his servant.
She was sitting confidently with straight back.
A cop in black and white dress marched in the court room behind the servant. The servant went back on his place. 
"What do you want to say, Mr. Malik?" Judge asked the cop who wad standing in front of him.
Cop standing with catchy posture replied "I want to say that presence of Mr.Ahmed is not possible", the words made her heartbeat speedy and little soundly.
"Because he was died yesterday because of tuberculosis" her prediction turned into truth.
She tightened her lips and joined her teeth of jaws. Her nerves was being prominent on her skin's hands. She looked down with melancholy.
"You can leave now", the judge asked him to leave.
The cop left the court with same marching forward steps.
The judge stood, his hands were on table "So Hearing of Case will not take place" the judge stepped forward to leave the court, others stood too. She closed her eyes deeply to hide her tears.
Everyone left the court with keeping the mystery unsolved.
                                  --

“Papa, Ahmed was killed hy FBI” she was crying while informing him standing near the window of her brother’s apartment.

                                    --

Everyone at house of Ahmed's parents were in white suit, sitting around the piles of Quran. His dead body was near the wall with white chadaar on his face. His mother was crying terribly. His father was standing stiffly hiding his pain in his through stiffness. He remembered his astonishment when he picked up phone and cop informed him about his son’s arrestment as well as warned him not to tell it to media otherwise they would kill him. he remembered his way of telling and his own reaction on his given information and warning. “Your son is in our hand---don’t dare to tell this to media---we can do anything” the words of cop was revolving around his mind

           --
Sadia, who was married working more rapidly than normally, hiding her pain in her speed of working and through housechores. She was serving breakfast to his second husband.
"Go there, there is your son's father and your first husband's dead body" he patted on her hand.
She looked him through the glass of the table. He looked her through  there too. Then she looked him up. He looked her and nodded.
                                                 --
Sadia arrived at his parent's house late. Hua dead body was being taken away by men. She kneel down beside Kabir "Go and see Papa". She whispered in his ears. He ran to see his father's face for the lady time. He cried. His grandfather took him in his hands trying to console him.
Men were holding the coffin, taken on their shoulders stepping forward to bury it in graveyard. Kabir was going there too.
Sadia was standing at window looking the coffin of him on which net was tied "kabir could see you for the last time but I could not", tears came out from her eyes dropping down on her redened face. 
            --

 After some days past she arrived Pakistan, her family knew the results of the case.

Kiran ashamed “papa no one won the case but still for me I lose the case”.

To comfort her mother replied “no beta you won and you will see your victory when every American say Israelis and government are responsible after few years”.

His father added “instead of sad we should be pleased because our Ahmed blessed with verdure of martyrdom by Almighty Allah; he liked the verdure of martyrdom.”

Kiran added “he liked the verdure of martyrdom but he doesn’t know that verdure attracts towards him and see the aeoline of 9/11 led to verdure of martyrdom our Allah blessed him with odour of verdure of martyrdom”.

 --
         AFTER 5 YEARS
'And the winner of debate is Kabir Ahmed of class 5-B" the teacher announced.
Kabir Ahmed, the son of Ahmed Ashfaq was grown moved forward towards the stage to grab the trophy in his white and blue uniform with cut smile.
He came on stage. 
"It is the trophy for winning the debate" the teacher handed him trophy in front of whole school children. "And it is another trophy for winning the debate for the third time", she handed him another bigger trophy than previous one. 
Teacher gave him mike to speak. He took mike from teacher "Actually it is hereditary, my father won the debate and his victory I can see now. He had debate from stronger people." Everyone clapped on his statement. He gave the mike to his teacher back and come down from the stage. He was stepping backward towards his seat with straight back like his father while everyone on his left and right side was clapping on his victory.
                --
Kabir reached the home and jumbed on the sofa. He turned on TV watching his favourite show Life with Derek. "I won the debate as usual" he informed het mother who was standing on stool in kitchen holding a piece of cloth cleaning cabinets. Maid was standing down, holding the stool.
"And still Miss Shamim scold me on my History's marks" she stopped looked him with a hand on her waist and tied hairs and mysterious expressesion " how much marks do you get?"
"57"
"Out of?"
"100" his tougue slipped as people on floor because of skin of banana.
He joined his teeth of jaws with astonishment which he was after realising he said truth normally while watching TV without thinking.
He turned his face towards her mother slowly who was looking her angrily.
He saw her "Run Kabir!" He exclaimed and ran in her room while she stepped down from stool and start running beside him who was his first life partner's son, Ahmed's son.



© 2014 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on July 4, 2014
Tags: case, gun, cop


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic