Love is...

Love is...

A Story by Dark Angel ~
"

This was a rant I had one day.

"
Love is different. All other emotions simply exist and when they appear, they don't last long. Anger fades, sadness lifts, jealousy cools, sympathy passes. But love... it seems eternal. Someone can think that they don't love anymore, but it's not true. Once love has flourished, it cannot die. Of course, if it has never bloomed for a person, then they can't know love until they finally do experience it. Love is permanent, unyielding, unconditional.

Because of this, some wish they had never encountered love to start with. Some try to avoid it altogether. It's a shame, really. When love is right, it is sweet, sharing, everything like the fairy tales. Unfortunately, the love that most people suffer through is wrong, dark. People love for the wrong reasons- because they don't want to hurt the person they "love", sex, a baby, safety, to hide something... None of them are good reasons on any planet, no matter what set of morals you have, or what religion (or lack of religion) you seem to follow. Love today, for most, isn't love.

Love should be binding, almost to the point of death. That's the point. But no one seems to see that, give up after such a short try. As if no one really cares. No one ever really cares.

Love is supposed to be different, but nobody treats it like it is. To everyone else in the world, love is a passing emotion. It doesn't last long.

© 2012 Dark Angel ~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

*smiles a little* And that's our love, baby. The love that binds almost to the point of death

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love isn't just a passing emotion. Once it appears it will never vanish and it's true that sometimes we really wish it would. I love this :) good job~

Posted 12 Years Ago


That is beautiful. So full of true emotion! Love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on April 12, 2012
Tags: love, different, no one, cares

Author

Dark Angel ~
Dark Angel ~

Where am I, exactly?, FL



About
Izzy. Short for Ismode. I write... All the time xD sadly, I don't have the time to post them here. I'm nerdy, a choir geek, and probably really, really weird. I tend to be quiet until I get to know y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..