Chap. 11 Needs more money

Chap. 11 Needs more money

A Chapter by Ashley

   It has been months of the same thing Sapphire and Steven go to school; they occasionally meet up with Sally and Steven for lunch. Usually after school Sapphire goes to work and Steven goes to his techno music club. Sapphire and Sean try to hang out with each other at least twice a week after school including the weekends.
   It’s June 8th a few days before schools ends for the summer. Sean calls Sapphire on her house phone at 3 am.
Sean states, “Hi.”
Sapphire tiredly says, “It’s 3 am..”
“Yeah I know. Just called because I’m lying in bed missing you. I think of you more times than I blink.”
“Am I dreaming? That was so sweet!”
“I love you. That’s all I wanted to say, goodnight my angel.”
“Goodnight can’t wait to see you tomorrow my hunny bunny”

Sapphire is so glad she has someone who actually cares about her. Sean feels in love and has a weak side.

Two lovers hold hands as the run out the school door on the last day.

Sean states, “Did you buy your airplane ticket yet to go to California to visit your aunt?”
Sapphire says, “No, I have to soon. But I don’t want to leave you. Two whole weeks is so long.”
“But babe you have to go, it’s your dream. Tell ya what, I have enough money to buy us pizza or scratch off tickets to win the lotto, what shall it be?
“I’ll buy us pizza. Buy a scratch off ticket and win!”

   Little did Sapphire know Sean has been trying once a week to buy a scratch off ticket to win to buy him and her air flights tickets. Hence he is down to his last couple of dollars.
They head to the local 99 cent store. As the cashier says the usual Sean?
Sapphire quickly looks at Sean as she says, “What does she mean the usual?”
Sean scratches his head and quickly says, “Uhh nothing babe.. Nothing.”
Then he says to the cashier, “Hi um just the lazy 8 starch off ticket”
The cashier winks, hands him the ticket and goes, “Ok good luck, its 8 dollars”.

   Sapphire gives Sean her lucky penny. She always carries in her left back pocket. As she pulls it out Sean states, “Oh that’s what I feel when I grab your a*s or when I touch you when we make-out. How come it never fell out when I took off your pants?”
Sapphire sates, “Not now.”
Sean laughs and says thanks he scratches and scratched the whole thing. And reads it for two seconds carefully he shakes and his eyes open wide open.
He screams, “I WON, I WON!”
SAPPHIRE screams, “HOW MUCH? $1,000?”
“NO”
“19.000?”
“NO”
“HOW MUCH???”
“TWELVE DOLLARS!!!!!!”
“What?” Sapphire questions
“12 dollars…. I can buy crazy 12s I heard you usually win at least 100 on that. How much do I need for the air flight?” Sean asks
“Round trip is $520. One way is $345. That is all with tax.”
 “I’ll try.” says Sean as he goes in and buys crazy 12s.
   He comes back outside and asks if he can still use her lucky penny.
“Of course it’s our lucky penny, win more this time!” Sapphire says with hope.
He scratches and scratches he cannot believe his eyes he scratched off two 12’s in order and one X. this means he won 360. 360! They bought jump for joy.
Sean screams, “CRAP WHAT DO I DO?”
Sapphire says, “What’s the matter now? You won so much, I’m so happy for you. You can buy the plane ticket and come with me to California and stay at my aunts and we ca…”
“Wait you said it was one for one flight, one way, what am I suppose to do?”
“Ok so you can work for my aunt, she works at a book store, and she’s going to take off one week. But since we are there for two weeks, you can work and work, and hopefully we save up enough to buy you the other way, ill even help out and clean people houses. And my aunt is a lovely woman; she would try to help us. I won’t leave you in Cali. Even tough it would be nice to move there. But not now. Do you have any family left in Cali?”
"No, they all died hence another reason why my folks wanted to come out here."
"Aww I sorrys."
"Its ight."

They kiss and go online to buy their air flight tickets.


© 2011 Ashley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm glad you wrote more too!!! I want to see where this goes, and what happens when they get to california!! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glad you wrote more. Fortune is on their side! Winning $360!
Off to Cali, now that should be interesting!

Yas:)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011


Author

Ashley
Ashley

NY



About
I love ~poetry/writing ~being funny ~dancing ~eating cheesecake ~listening to random music ~laughing ~helping ~yoga I am usually a nice person. If you help and comment on my writings, I w.. more..

Writing