Red Vein:1

Red Vein:1

A Chapter by karmic
"

First chapter.

"

 

The year is 1914 in the town of Vein; vampires roamed the earth, but didn’t cause much harm. Vampires were under the leadership of King Hines. The vampire made a deal with the hunters that one sacrifice would be needed every month, to keep the peace between both human and Vampire. Years later the deal was broken due to the assassination of Hines. The vampires blamed humans for the death of Hines. The war broke out and wiped out hundreds of people in Vein. The hunters were able to fight back, which, kept Vein from being completely destroyed. This is now ten years after the first battle that sparked the on going war.


“Vampire…They’re every where” A voice echoed.
“Blood its scary. Stop the vampires” The voice continued.
“Clage did you hear me?” Mrs. Cava asked.
“Hm?” Clage paused and looked up at her. Clage didn’t realize that he was day dreaming.
“I said make sure you don’t get to your dorm too late tonight. I don’t want anything to happen to you children tonight. I know the fair is today, but sill be careful” Mrs. Cava repeated herself, while hitting Clage in the head with a rolled up paper.
“Sorry” Clage replied back, while giving a tired smiling to his old babysitter who is now his high school teacher.
“Are you ok? You look a little pale” Reese commented.
“He is right” Mrs. Cava agreed.
“Vampire?” The voice came back and sent a chill up Clage’s spine.
“I’m ok” Clage assured.
“You better be. I’m not going to miss the carnival because of you. Your acting like you got bit by a vampire” Reese laughed. Clage felt a heavy stare coming from behind him; Clage turned around slowly at the row behind him and saw Rye staring him down.
“No I wouldn’t be a vampire because they would not allow me to live” Clage thought, while turning away from Rye.
“I just have a small headache” Clage replied. The bell rung, which signed the end of class; Clage stood up and collected his books into his bag. Reese stood up and patted Clage on the back and walked out the class with everyone else. Clage walked to the door and heard Mrs. Cava call for him.
“Clage would you stop?” Mrs. Cava yelled.
“What do you want Anna?” Clage asked.
“I told you not to call me that in class” Mrs. Cava exclaimed.
“That’s your name isn’t it? What do you want anyway?”
“I just wanted to say be careful. I don’t want to tell your parents that you died under my protection” Mrs. Cava retorted
“Is that why you became a teacher? I don’t need any protection” Clage protested.
“Clage I’ve been you babysitter before I know how much trouble you can get into” Mrs. Cava smiled.
“Just promise me you’ll stay safe.
“I promise” Clage said back in an annoyed tone. Clage then felt light headed, the room begin to spin. Clage heard the voice once more in his head, then fainted. Clage could hear Mrs. Cava yell out his name.

 

Clage’s eyes slowly opened; he could see two shadows standing over him. Clage recognized the first voice; it was the nurse’s gentle voice. The second voice was owned by Mrs. Cava.

“This could be due to him slowly regaining his memories” The nurse explained.

“Hah. I always thought he would be the safest of us all since he lost his memory of that day” Mrs. Cava sighed, as she folded her arms and leaned on the wall.

“How can you tell him that his parents are dead and have been dead for ten years?” The nurse asked.

“I don’t know, but if he is regaining his memories I guess this is the best time for him to wake up from this lie” Mrs. Cava replied.

“My parents are dead? My life a lie? What are they talking about” Clage thought; Clage continued to act as if he were sleep. Another vision hit Clage; he saw fire and a little girl crying. Fire then covered Clage’s body. Clage jumped up and gasped for air. Mrs. Cava and the nurse looked down at him in surprise.

“Are you ok?” Mrs. Cava asked.

“Tell me the truth!” Clage shouted. Sweat dripped from his chin.

“Tell me the truth so it could all go away!” he continued.

“Hm? So you were awake for that?” Mrs. Cava sat on the foot of the bed.

“Ten years ago during the first attack your mom and dad were attacked by a vampire. You lost your memory of it all. When we found you, you had a bite mark in your neck, but you weren’t one of them. You must not have drunk the vampire’s blood after it bit you. You amazingly survived the vampire attack, but your parents did not. You were in a coma for three years” Mrs. Cava explained. Clage could hear the sadness in her voice.

“That’s impossible. I send my parents a letter every week and they answer back” Clage yelled.

“That’s not them. It’s me who sends them back” Mrs. Cava put her head into her hands. Clage looked at her; he was horrified. Clage stood up and stormed out of the room. Clage found Reese standing outside.

“Hey are you ok?” Reese asked, with a smile.

“I don’t want to talk about it” Clage answered back, as he continued walking.

“What’s going on?” Reese looked back at the nurse’s office, then caught up to Clage. They both crossed the fencing room. Clage stopped and saw Rye pin another student down with his sword. Rye turned and gave Clage a cold stare. Clage continued walking and Rye turn his attention back to his opponent.

“I talk to you later” Reese called out, while stopping, but Clage just kept on walking.

 

 

 Clage walked out the room and entered the hall way. Clage was in the classroom part of the school. In the next building was the teacher’s dorm and after that were the student’s dorm rooms.
Clage walked out the building and headed through the school’s garden; the garden was full of flowers and resting students. Flower pedals scattered across the ground as a breeze came in. Clage heard footsteps coming up behind him; before he could turn around there was a sword at his throat.
“Hey babe” the woman with the blade said.
“Hah. What do you want Izzy?” Clage asked with a sigh.
"You" she said, as she licked her lips; Izzy felt a tug on her long dark green hair.
"Could you act more like a hunter then a love sick school girl?" Flare asked, while pulling harder. Flare's dark stringy hair hung over her eyes.
"But there's nothing else to do here" Izzy cried from the pain.
"I should be going now- Vampire" The voice came again interrupting what Clage was saying. Clage paused and held his head; he looked as if he was about to faint again.
"Are you okay? You look a little pale" Flare said, while letting Izzy's hair go.
"Yea. I just have a small headache" Clage replied.
"Hey Clage!" Clare called from across the garden; she began running towards him.
"There goes that creepy girl again" Izzy said angrily
"Tell her I’ll see her later" Clage yelled out; already ten feet away from Flare and Izzy.
"He's fast" Flare muttered. Clage jumped over the fence that led to the student's dorm room; he cut his hand a little at the top of the fence.
"I don't have time to talk to Clare right now" Clage thought. Clage stopped in front of his dorm room and entered it; he closed the door behind him and threw his bag in his chair. Clage laid down on his bed and put his hand on his head.
"What's going on with me?" Clage thought.
"Save me from them!" The voice came louder; this time Clage blacked out on his bed. Clage saw fire surrounding him and screaming flooded the air. A girl walked through the fire and stopped in front of him.
"Vampire" the voice cried.
"Who are you!?" Clage yelled. Clage looked at her arm and saw that it was covered in blood; the girl looked up at him and smiled. Blood was dripping from her mouth; she then exposed her fangs and tried to bite Clage. Clage woke up in a puddle of sweat.
"Vampire is coming" the voice faded. Clage looked out the window and saw it was getting late; the sun was setting and the shine from the lights inside of town was bright.

“I better get ready for the carnival” Clage huffed. Clage stood up and turned on his light. When the light filled the room Clage saw that the room was filled with blood. Clage fell backwards into his desk. Clage blinked and the blood disappeared.

 

“Clage at least smile” Reese laughed, while patting Clage on the back and passing him a cone filled with cotton candy.

“If you say so” Clage groaned, as he took the cone.

“I do say so. I mean look even the hunters are having fun” Reese pointed to Izzy who was riding the marry-go-round.

“Something just doesn’t feel right” Clage sighed, then took a bite of his cotton candy. Clage wanted to say that finding out that your parents are dead then going to a carnival in one day was just sickening, but instead he just stood quiet and let it all sink in.

Clage stood a sip of water; he then felt something warm pressed against his cheek. Clage turned and saw Clare kissing him on the cheek.

“I thought I told you to stop that” Clage yelled, as he choked on his water.

“Well you looked like you needed some cheer-ing up” Clare replied. Clage turned his head and didn’t answer. Clare’s face grew red, but then went back to normal when she saw the Ferris wheel.

“Clage you have to ride that with me later on” she shouted.

“I’ll ride it with you” Reese cried out, as he leaped forward.

“No thank you” Clare gave a creped out laugh.

“Maybe later” Clage said.

“You promise?” Clare eagerly asked. Clage looked down at her brown eyes and smile.

“Yea. I promise” Clage answered softly then turned his head again. Clare nodded her head and walked away.

“I wonder if she remembers what happened ten years ago. She probably does” Clage thought. Clage saw Rye from the corner of his eye; he saw that Rye was watching him.

"Why does it feel like that guy is always watching me?" Clage took another bite of the cotton candy.

“Why won’t the hunter come and save me?” The voice returned. Clage tried to get his mind off the thoughts filling his head, so he focused on the fireworks filling the sky with lights. Clage took a deep breath and saw his breath appear in front of him. Snow slowly fell to the ground and stuck there. Clage saw a girl run down an alley. Clage saw small drops of blood falling from her.

"That girl. Something is drawing me to her" Clage thought, as he took a step forward.

“That girl is wounded” Clage exclaimed.

“Hm? What girl? You should tell the hunters” Reese suggested, as he looked around for a free one.

“Follow” the voice came again.

“My past is calling out for that girl. Maybe she knows what's going on” Clage thought. Clage ran towards the alley. The snow quickly hitting his face as he ran.

“Clage wait!” Reese ran behind him. Clage stopped and watched as the girl continued running down the alley. Clage took another deep breath and continued running.

“She is fast” he thought. Clage exited the alley and saw the girl enter an abandon house. Clage looked at the ground and saw that the blood on the ground was more then he saw back in the alley.

“She is losing a lot of blood” Clage muttered. Clage looked up at the rooftop and saw a shadow, but the shadow quickly disappeared.

“Hurry! Get her” The voice in his head yelled. Clage nodded his head and entered the abandon house. Clage followed the trail of blood on the ground. Clage looked around the house and felt light headed again. Visions filled his head; everything in the house looked familiar.

“This is were I lived” Clage muttered. Clage could hear himself laughing as a child, but that sound was then drowned out by screaming coming from the next room. Clage slowly walked into the next room and saw the girl in the corner. The girl turned into the little girl in his dream then back to normal.

“It’s her. It’s the girl who talks to me in my dreams” Clage thought. The girl stood up and walked towards him. Clage could see that she was bleeding from her side.

“Who are you?” she asked.

“I was about to ask you the same thing” Clage replied. Clage looked at her long black hair and light blue eyes. Clage could remember seeing her like this before.

“Why are you in my dreams?” Clage barked.

“Dreams? I don’t know maybe you need a girlfriend” she responded.

“That’s not what I meant” Clage mumbled. The girl tried to laugh, but more blood pushed out.

“Are you ok? You’re losing a lot of blood” Clage said.

“I would feel better if you gave me some of yours” she answered.

“What?” Clage stepped back.

“Clage! Finally I caught up to you-“ A cut appeared in Reese neck; blood squirted out as he fell to the floor.

“What is this? Why has this happened?” Clage thought. Clage looked at the girl who had Reese’s blood on her nails.

“Hah his blood is nothing but filth. Hopefully yours is better” the girl smiled.

“Blood…Vampires. Make it stop” The voice in Clage’s head yelled. The girl’s light blue eyes turned to the color of blood. The girl grabbed Clage’s arms and pulled him closer; Clage was in shock. The girl exposed her fangs and slowly bit into Clage’s neck. Memories quickly spun through Clage’s head. The vampire’s name appeared inside of the shuffle of memories.

“Vera” Clage whispered.

“He knows my name?” she thought. Vera’s fangs squeezed tighter onto Clage’s neck to the point where Clage couldn’t breathe. Clage could hear her drinking his blood. Vera slowly let him drop to the floor.

“His blood. It taste familiar” Vera said; she looked down at her wound and saw that it healed. Vera looked down at Clage and a smiled appeared on her face.

 “What am’ I thinking? I know what will happen if I do this” she sighed, while rubbing her head.

“I hope he takes this as a thank you. His blood was sweet. I enjoyed it a lot” Vera laughed. Vera bit into her arm and brought it closer to Clage’s mouth.

“After this your life will change. I hope you don’t hate me for this. Ha listen to me caring what a human thinks” she chuckled to herself. Clage slowly drunk her blood.

“Ouch. Not so hard there” Vera flinched from the pain. Vera felt Clage’s heart beating again; Vera then kissed him on the lips and stood up.

“We’ll meet again soon” she said, while walking away.

 

Clage woke up and it felt as if time had fast forwarded and hit him; Clage stood up and looked around. Clage saw that Vera was gone; Clage felt something on his lips, he wiped his lips and found blood. Clage looked down at the floor and saw Reese.

“So it really did happen” Clage muttered sadly. Clage then felt a sharp pain in his mouth; he began yelling in pain. Clage saw his fangs fall out of his mouth and hit the floor. New fangs replaced them and were covered in blood. Clage looked down at Reese; his eyes turned red and his fangs grew longer.

"What is this? This hunger. I can't control myself" Clage bit into Reese's neck and quickly drunk his blood. Clage stood up in disbelief of what he had done; his fangs shrunk back to normal. Clage limped outside and saw that it was night and the carnival was over. The ground was completely cover with snow. The trail of blood disappeared into the white snow.

 



© 2009 karmic


Author's Note

karmic
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is realy good but it cant beat my book.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very intereting, reminds me of a old fashon vampire story. well done

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 29, 2009
Last Updated on December 12, 2009


Author

karmic
karmic

new york, NY



About
MEN GIVE POWER TO GODS GODS GIVE POWER TO KINGS AND KINGS GIVE FREEDOM TO MAN SO WHO IS THE TRUE CREATOR? 1/8/10 .. more..

Writing
The House The House

A Chapter by karmic