Red Vein:6

Red Vein:6

A Chapter by karmic

The sun’s light filled the sky as morning approached; Clage woke up on the floor that he was forced to sleep on.

“About time you’re up. Don’t you have a date with that girl?” Vera asked, but already knew the answer. Vera was already dressed and was applying red lipstick.

“Yea” Clage replied, and then let out a long yawn.

“Who is Elsine?” Vera asked suddenly.

“Hm? He is Rye’s father. Also one of the really well know hunters in this district” Clage stretched. Clage’s back hurt from the hard wooden floor.

“The name sounds familiar” she muttered. Vera shook her head then picked up a bag off the floor.

“Where are you going?” Clage questioned.

“I have some business to take care of” she responded, while opening the door.

“You don’t need me to come along?” Clage stood up and grabbed a shirt from off his desk.

“No. You go have fun on your date” Vera smiled, then walked out and closed the door behind her.

“I wish she would stop calling it that” Clage scratched his head and walked into the bathroom. Clage turned on the shower; the water was freezing cold.

“Hah she used all of the hot water” he sighed, while jumping in. After Clage’s shower he got dresses and left his room. Clage walked out to the garden and waited for Clare.

“Hey Clage” Clare waved with a basket in her hand; Clage waved back and waited for her to get closer before walking.

“I’m really glad that you’re coming with me” Clare exclaimed.

“Yea me too” Clage whispered, as they began walking away from the school’s campus.

“So what are we seeing anyway?” Clage asked with a confused expression. Clare dug into her basket and pulled out the tickets.

“Romeo and Juliet” Clare read off the tickets.

“Why?” Clage cried.

“Don’t worry. It will be fun” Clare winked, as she grabbed Clage’s hand and pulled him down the path to town.

 

“So my father is coming” Rye leaned on the tree.

“Looks like it” Maes laughed.

“I wonder why he is coming all this way” Rye mumbled.

“Well I don’t know maybe because his son goes to this school” Maes replied.

“So he is coming to lecture me” Rye groaned.

“I doubt that is the reason” Maes assured.

“Then what else can it be?” Rye asked; Rye saw a boy and a girl walking by holding hands.

“Hah what if he tries to pressure me into marriage again” Rye huffed.

Rye I have to tell you something about the attack from that vampire yesterday” Maes suddenly changed the subject.

“What is it?” Rye asked.

“The vampire had the mark of a servant of the purebloods on the back of his neck” Maes rubbed his head.

“The question that comes to my mind is why would the servant of a pureblood be sent into Vein academy. It just doesn’t make any sense” Maes explained.

“That vampire was hiding in the new girl’s room right?” Rye asked.

“Yea. Why?” Maes replied.

“Was Clage with the girl?” Rye added.

“He was, but you are not trying to say that Clage- I don’t know, but he seems like a suspect” Rye interrupted.

“That girl has such a familiar look to her” Rye thought.

 

Vera entered a small tent on the outskirts of town; the inside of the tent was smoky and smelled of cigarettes. Vera walked further inside until she saw an old lady sitting in an old wooden chair.

“I knew you would come sooner or later” the woman smiled. The woman’s teeth were completely yellow; she was missing both her fangs.

“I need that weapon now Avis” Vera sat down and crossed her legs.

“Of course. Is my daughter causing you trouble?” The woman put the cigarette out.

“Hah yea. She is very persistent in finding me” Vera sighed.

“Hah. That’s Alias for ya” Avis laughed. Avis stood up and went into the back room; she left a few coughs behind.

“I’m guessing you found someone to wield it huh” Avis said from the back room.

“I think I have. I’m staying at Vein academy you know” Vera yawned and inhaled too much smoke; she let out a cough.

“Really? I would have never thought that you would find someone to wield captain Kinvul’s sword” Avis came out of the back room with a long black box.

“This person is more then someone who can wield a simple sword, but he is connected to my past some how” Vera grabbed the box.

“Your past? So he is another lost soul like you?” Avis asked.

“I guess you can say that” Vera waved, while exiting the tent.

“I just hope that his soul isn’t too lost” Vera thought.

 

The audience clapped to the ending of the play. Clage was surprised that it was so good. Clage looked at Clare and smiled.

“I told you that you would like it” Clare giggled.

“Yea” Clage muttered.

“Hm? Why does it always seem like you bottle up what you want to say or how you feel?” Clare asked.

“I don’t-“ Clage felt a sharp pain in his stomach; his eyes shined red.

“Are you okay?” Clare questioned. Clage turned his head; he tried to hide his eyes from her.

“I have to go” Clage said, while rushing through the crowd.

“Clage wait!” Clare shouted, while following behind him. Clage ran outside; his heat was beating quickly. Clage couldn’t seem to catch his breath. Clage continued down a dark alley.

“I have to get away from her” he thought. Clage tripped and fell; his fangs and nails grew.

“Clage? What going on?” Clare watched him from outside the alley.

“No please don’t get closer” he yelled.

“Clage why are you acting to strange?” Clare walked closer to Clage. Clage stood up and smelled the air; he could smell her blood flowing in it.

“Clage-“ Clage hugged her tightly.

“What are you doing?” Clare asked.

“Forgive me” Clage whispered.

Forgive you for what?” she stood there stunned. Clage traced his fangs around her neck. Clare gasped from the feeling. Clage took a deep breath and sunk his fangs into her.

“Clage!” she whispered. Clare eyes went dark as he squeezed tighter.

“A vampire? Clage is a-“ images of the vampire attacking her parents flew through her head. Clage let go and caught her as she fell; he was in disbelief of what he had done.

“This is the same thing that I did to Reese. I truly am a monster” he thought.

 

Clare slowly opened her eyes; she looked around and saw that she was in a graveyard.

“I wonder what my parents would say if they knew what I was” Clage said. Clare looked up at Clage; her eyes were filling up with tears.

“How did you become it?” Clare cried.

“It? I guess I already lost my right to be called human huh. Do I scare you? Does it scare you?” Clage asked. Clare stood quiet; Clare’s neck had stopped bleeding already

“I do don’t I? I think I even scare myself, knowing that I might hurt or even kill you. I bet you hate me” Clage said sadly. Clare stood up and walked slowly towards Clage; her heart skipped a beat with every step. Clare finally stopped in front of Clage; she pressed her finger against his fang.

“I don’t hate you.  I could never fear you” she whispered. Clage looked into her worried eyes with his sad eyes. Clare pressed her lips against his. Clage eyes turned back to normal as he kissed her back.

“Clage you idiot” Vera muttered while watching them far off in the distant next to a dead tree. Clare pulled away and rested her head on his chest.

“I’ll keep you safe” Clare said. Clage smiled at the idea.

 

 

“So she is hiding at Vein academy?” Alias asked.

“Yes. I sent Fluhen there yesterday and he never returned. I’m guessing he died by the hunters” the man replied; he wore a clay mask on his face.

“Fluhen huh? I always hated that guy” Alias groaned.

“What should we do” the man asked.

“We have to kill her. We can’t let her get away for killing Hines. Rathe will not be able to move on with his plans knowing the killer of his father is still alive” Alias explained.

“Do you really believe that Vera would kill Hines? That is her father too isn’t?” the man said.

“Yea, but she is a filthy half blood. She probably did it for the humans. If Rathe said she did it I believe him. I will follow him to the end” Alias responded.

“Don’t mistake your love for him with the truth” the man shook his head.  

 

 

 

 



© 2009 karmic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seems like there is a lot of grammar errors, ever thought of having someone edit it?

Posted 13 Years Ago


awwww young love isn't that cute. This was very well written so keep up the good work

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2009


Author

karmic
karmic

new york, NY



About
MEN GIVE POWER TO GODS GODS GIVE POWER TO KINGS AND KINGS GIVE FREEDOM TO MAN SO WHO IS THE TRUE CREATOR? 1/8/10 .. more..

Writing
The House The House

A Chapter by karmic