Red Vein:2

Red Vein:2

A Chapter by karmic
"

What happens after Clage becomes a vampire?

"

The moon hovered over the icy ground and gave it a slight glow; Clage could still feel Vera inside of him even though the bite on his neck had already healed. Clage looked up at the roof that he had saw the shadow. Clage could still see the shadow, but this time the shadow was not alone. It had another one standing next to it.

“I can feel their heart beats from down here” Clage muttered. “The feel cold. Almost dead.” One shadow fell from the roof and the other one followed. They both landed in the snow; the snow lifted up and created a mist of snow. Clage could now tell that they were people, but by their heart beats and smell he knew they weren’t human.

“Hey kid did you happen to see a girl about your age?” one of them asked. The person wore a scarf around their face, but by the voice Clage could tell that it was a woman.

“Of course he seen her. I watched him follow her into that house” the other barked. This person also wore a scarf and was identified as a man. Clage looked down at the man’s arm and saw that it was missing, but there was no blood being lost.

“Kid can you just tell us where she went?” the women’s red eyes peeked from out the scarf. The woman then removed the Scarf and exposed her white hair. The woman’s air resembled the snow around them.

“My name is Alias. That girl needs to be killed” she explained.

“So they did that to Vera” Clage thought.

“Why tell this child your name? Listen kid if you don’t tell us where she is I’ll skin you alive!” The man threatened.

“Are you still angry because that hunter took off your arm?” Alias asked.

“Well that’s a stupid question!” the man replied.

“I can’t wait to get my hand on that boy. I’m sure you know him kid. He followed you down the alley. What was his name again? Oh now I remember it was Rye or something like that” The man took a deep breath then spat on the ground.

Rye followed me?” Clage repeated in his head.

“Anyway where is the girl?” Alias asked once more.

“I don’t know. After she bit me I blacked out and when I awoke I was a vampire…” Clage paused and realized that it was true; he was vampire, the thing that killed is family, the thing that he had hated.

“Wait she turned you into a vampire!” Alias shouted.

“That brat knows that’s against the rules. We are not suppose make humans into vampires. Why would that idiot do such a thing?” The man yelled.

“Calm down Regis” Alias said.

“Why can’t you turn humans into vampires?” Clage asked.

“The reason is because vampire blood and human blood start to either reject each other or one tries to fully take over the body. This starts a war between the two. The person then goes insane and goes on a rampage” Alias explained.

“Will that happen to me?” Clage asked eager to know the answer.

“I don’t know. Vera is half pureblood and half human. I just don’t know what will happen to you. Pureblood vampires can turn a human into a vampire with no problem, but her human side might kill you” Alias said, as she wrapped her scarf around her face again.

“But if you do live tell me if you see her” Alias winked. The wind then picked up the snow and blinded Clage. When Clage finally regained his vision Alias and Regis were gone. Clage felt alone in the icy snow; he looked up at the Ferris wheel and remembered his promise.

“I’m sorry Clare. Maybe next time” he muttered. Clage began walking to towards the school.

 

Clage arrived in front of the school; he hoped over the gate and landed perfectly, but once he hit the ground a spear was forced to his throat. Clage right away knew who the spare was owned by.

“Is there something wrong Flare?” Clage asked.

“Why are you returning to the dorms so late?” Flare sternly asked, while pressing the spear hard against Clage’s skin.

“I was helping the Carnival pack up” Clage replied hoping that she’d believe him.

“Flare lighten up” a voice came from behind her.

“Maes? What are you doing here?” Flare said without taking her eyes or spear off of Clage.

“ I’m on duty too. Come we both know that Clage wouldn’t do anything he wasn’t suppose to” Maes laughed, as he lowered Flares spear with his hand.

“Yea I guess, but where’s Reese? He has not returned to his dorm either” Flare questioned. Clage’s eyes grew wider with fear.

“I don’t know” Clage paused to collect himself.

“I have not seen him” he finished.

“Hah he’s going to be in trouble” Flare sighed.

“I’m sure he is alright. I mean he is your brother Flare. I’m sure he can handle himself” Maes assured, while watching her hands tremble.

“Yea I’m sure your right” she agreed.

“Hey Clage you should get to your dorm or you’ll be too tired for class tomorrow” Maes said.

“Yea. Your right” Clage said guilty, as he looked at Flare’s face. Clage turned his head and ran towards the student’s dorms. Flare heard a crack; she looked and saw that the tip of her spear had cracked.

“How did that…” Flare paused and looked at Clage who was hoping over the garden’s fence.

 

Clage stopped at his room’s door; he quickly turned the knob and entered. Clage slammed the door and locked it; he slide down his door and tried to catch his breath. Clage then stood up and entered his bed; he didn’t even bother to take his clothes off. Clage could feel Reese’s memories running through his head.

“Goodnight Reese” he whispered.

 

The sun crept into Clage’s room; the shine woke him up. Clage would have thought that everything that happened yesterday was a dream if he didn’t have the taste of blood still in his mouth.

“The sunshine burns my eyes” Clage thought, while covering his eyes with his arm.

“Knock knock” A voice came from the other side of the door. Clage stood up and answered the door. It was Clare. Clage opened the door knowing that he would regret it.

“Hey sleepy head you’re going to miss first period” Clare greeted. Clare looked him up and down and shook her head.

“You didn’t even change your clothes from yesterday. You’re such a mess” Clare smiled.

“Hey Clare since we’re here alone may I ask you something?” Clage asked.

“Um. Sure” Clare blinked her eyes.

“Do you remember what happened ten years ago?” Clage asked. The room grew silent; Clare grabbed her arm tightly.

“Why would you bring up such a thing?” Clare muttered.

“I just wanted to- Yes I remember” Clare interrupted. Clage looked away from her, so he didn’t have to see her sad face.

“I remember too” Clage responded.

“What? I thought you lost your memory” Clare said.

“I did, but I can remember now. The thing I don’t understand is why you didn’t tell me the truth. The truth about my parent or that I was attacked by a vampire. Instead I was told I bumped my head” Clage yelled.

“Why let me live a lie?” Clage asked.

“Because I thought if you didn’t remember. I would not have to either. I would not have to remember that my parents were gone too” Clare cried out. Clage walked over to Clare and hugged her.

“I’m sorry. I’m selfish aren’t I? I’m sorry” Clage apologized. Clage caught sight of Clare’s neck; his eyes grew red.

“No not now!” Clage thought. Clage pushed Clare into the hallway and closed the door.

“I have to get ready. I’ll speak to you later” Clage explained.

“Okay” Clare replied, still a little lost.

“I have to learn how to control myself” Clage mumbled.

“Or I’ll end up hurting someone. I’ll probably hurt Clare” Clage thought, as he jumped in the shower.

 

  “Clage can you please recite the last lines of Alexander Pope’s poem The Dying Christian To his soul?” Mr. Glam asked.

“Of course” Clage agreed, as he stood up from his seat and cleared his throat.

“The world recedes; it disappears! Heav’n opens my eyes! My ears with sounds seraphic ring! Lend, lend your wing! I fly! Where is thy victory? O Death! Where is thy sting?” Clage recited.

“Amazing” Mr. Glam clapped.

“It’s good to see a third year student progress in knowledge” Mr. Glam said. There was a knock at the classroom’s door.

“Ah that must be her. Um. Everyone it seems we have a new student here. She kinda applied for this school earlier in the year, but she was ill” Mr. Glam explained, as he opened the door and the girl walked in.

“Vampire!?” the voice echoed in Clage’s head.

“It can’t be her. How did she get in? How did you find me- Hello my name is Vera and I guess I’ll be going to school here for now on” Vera introduced herself.  

    

 

 

 



© 2009 karmic


Author's Note

karmic
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh wow didn't see that coming, not, lol jk its ok .

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 30, 2009
Last Updated on November 30, 2009


Author

karmic
karmic

new york, NY



About
MEN GIVE POWER TO GODS GODS GIVE POWER TO KINGS AND KINGS GIVE FREEDOM TO MAN SO WHO IS THE TRUE CREATOR? 1/8/10 .. more..

Writing
The House The House

A Chapter by karmic