Tribute to my Spaniel Violet

Tribute to my Spaniel Violet

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

My husband and I miss our dear chocolate spaniel Violet. She went away Veteran's day at ten a.m. I held her in my arms as she drew her last breath.

"

 


Tribute to my spaniel Violet

 


My Violet is dying, her strength ebbing.


Voice pulled inside, basking in the sun.


Stillness granted within Rest and quiet.

I

 know she will find death‘s blessing.


Autumn days calling, her spirit has run.


Within me lies her sweet presence keeping.


Not blind nor lame, only weakness shedding.

 

I remember her heading for fun, tail sweeping.

S

she lived a four wheel drive kaleidoscope of energy


Chocolate Spaniel ecstatic “I love you” shebang.


if she could speak What would she say?


With peace and gratitude, “Remember me.”

  


© 2019 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
How many of us have loved a pet and then were amazed at the hole left in our daily lives with their passing?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Those who think an animal is not a family member have never had one in their lives. I have had to have several pets put down to put them out their suffering, and each time was a bereavement. May your memories of Violet comfort you. Maybe there is another spaniel in your future.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Pets are special. I was just thinking about the part that pets have played in the life of my family .. read more



Reviews

I do understand the grief that comes with losing a much loved pet. They become an integral part of family life and their loss can truly cause pain. This is a loving tribute to your chocolate spaniel and it us clear that she has given you much joy. One day you will remember her with all her energy though so soon after loss the pictures in your mind are more likely to be of her final days. Not easy to deal with, I know. Your Violet is at peace and I hope that you get some comfort from knowing she no longer suffers. I hope your grief softens soon, so you can remember her without the sadness Kathy. All good wishes.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Christine,
Yes towards the very end she was struggling and then just breathed her last. I man.. read more
I've met very few people who never experienced the companionship of an animal. They're with us when we're down in more ways than one, and they're always happy to celebrate with us when we're on the up and up. It's heartbreaking to lose someone as precious as our beloved animals. They'll always hold a special place in our hearts, no matter what. It's a thoughtful reflection in your work that makes me think about how important my dear little poodle is to me. I hope you're mending from this great loss.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

I remember a neighbors little poodle to from a long time ago. Poodles are very beautiful. They do br.. read more
Those who think an animal is not a family member have never had one in their lives. I have had to have several pets put down to put them out their suffering, and each time was a bereavement. May your memories of Violet comfort you. Maybe there is another spaniel in your future.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Pets are special. I was just thinking about the part that pets have played in the life of my family .. read more
she would have told you guys she loved you as well.
i really feel for you guys...my cat of 15 years recently passed...they are family.
i really like your line "she lived a four wheel drive kaleidoscope of energy"

j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Jacob,
I am glad you had her for a season of your life. Missing her is real and so are your m.. read more
jacob erin-cilberto

4 Years Ago

she was probably about 8 weeks old....
the one i have now, she was 6 weeks when i got her fro.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Thats a good age for a new one coming home. Violet was about seven weeks. Tortoiseshell cats are gor.. read more

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2019
Last Updated on November 27, 2019
Tags: Spaniel, tribute, Violet, voice, strength, rest, quiet, death, blessing, Autumn, spirit, run, weakness

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing