Chapter 3- just a short one

Chapter 3- just a short one

A Chapter by Jules
"

sorry its short but i couldn't leave this bit out :D

"

~

The following week was busy and passed quickly. All the children in Melody’s kindergarten class were unusually boisterous which seemed to reflect her own restless mood. On top of that she had agreed to some extra evening shifts at the restaurant. So by Saturday she was exhausted. She was in fact quite looking forward to sitting and doing nothing at the side if the rink while Cal played. It was as close to a rest she was going to get at the moment. Having spent the morning at the park and dropping Beth of at her friends, Melody was relieved to sit down on one of the benches at the side of the rink.

However tired she was she couldn’t exactly lie down and go asleep, so instead she sat and tried to read through her kindergarten training portfolio. Melody’s eyes kept dropping though and she couldn’t stop yawning. So she put down the file and tried watching the kids play hockey. An older guy and a few younger players, about Aidan's age were teaching, them different ways to skate at various speeds forwards and backwards. But Aidan wasn’t one of them. Happily for Melody he never turned up and she was still yawning contentedly when they left and she got to go home to bed.

~

Shutting the door to the kindergarten class she helped teach firmly Melody hurried down the near empty corridor to get to the restaurant for work. A crash made her jump when she turned the corner. Looking along she could see a tall thin boy lent against a locker, banging his head against it occasionally or kicking and punching it. Approaching him cautiously Melody asked softly,

“What’s wrong?”

He jumped and turned to stare at her with startling blue eyes under floppy black hair. The jeans and t-shirt he wore were a mess torn and paint stained while he had chains and various bands around his neck and wrists.

“Well…” he started. “Why the hell should I tell you!”

“That’s true but I have had my fair share of problems and by the look of it so do you and beating up a locker won’t help you. You need to talk to some one and that some one is me.”

He stared at her shocked by how forthright she was and then smiled. The wide grin lit up his whole face and made Melody smile back.

“You’re right I do need to talk. There’s no-one at home I can talk too and this is eating me up.”

“I know that feeling. Well look I’m sorry but I can’t talk now because I have to go to my other job, but why don’t you come to mine and I’ll get restaurant leftovers for two?”

“That sounds good,” he laughed “I’m Dougie and I’m 17. Is that still ok?”

“Sure I’m Melody and this isn’t a date kiddo. Now here take this.” Quickly she tore a scrap of paper out her notebook and wrote down her address. “Be carefully its not that nice a place at night but be there at 11.30 and we’ll eat and talk.”

“Thank you,” Dougie called after her as she ran down the corridor groaning,

“I’m going to be late!”



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest and tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

awww. dougie seems nice, but hes obviously got a lot of problems.
and i like that you didnt have aidan in this chapter. it slowed things down a bit and made them more realistic :)
oh, and i thought it was cool that you didnt make dougie automatically nice and willing to share everything. that was great :)
anyway, good chapter juless :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

awww. dougie seems nice, but hes obviously got a lot of problems.
and i like that you didnt have aidan in this chapter. it slowed things down a bit and made them more realistic :)
oh, and i thought it was cool that you didnt make dougie automatically nice and willing to share everything. that was great :)
anyway, good chapter juless :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules