Chapter 13- Date Finally and a Life story

Chapter 13- Date Finally and a Life story

A Chapter by Jules
"

aidan and mel finally go on their date then we learn a LOT more about aidan

"

~

Ginny hadn’t spoken to Aidan in days. But Aidan and Melody had finally had their first date. Ice skating got thrown out the window and on the next Saturday he took her for a picnic in the park. They lay in the sun, kissing occasionally, always some part of them touching; a hand, a foot, an arm; watching the world go by.

“Aidan?” she asked rolling on her side to face him.

“Yeah babes,” he replied twining one of her curls around his finger.

“Tell me more about your dad.” His smile vanished.

“I’d rather not; I was just starting to forget him again.”

“Please, he is part of your life, part of what made you who you are whether he is here or not or if you like him or not. At least you have a father.”

“Oh Melody, I’m sorry I forgot how much family means to you.”

“Its ok you have given me a family and I want to understand it.”

“Ok, but only for you. I think Dougie told you a bit about when he left. We were a really happy, normal family when I was young. But suddenly and with no explanation dad left in the middle of the night. I woke up the next morning and no longer had a dad. I was nine years old and had lost my favourite person in the world. Dougie was only five and didn’t understand what was going on he cried a lot because our mum cried a lot. Then mum discovered she was two months pregnant with Ginny. She pushed all thoughts of my dad from her mind and started to work her a*s of to save money for the baby. Dad had taken all our money and all we had left was the house. She seemed happy but looked like part of her was missing. Dougie got on a bit better once mum stopped crying all the time though and happily carried on with kindergarten. I stopped talking to anyone, playing with anyone. I walked me and Dougie to school each day, made our lunches; Peanut butter and jelly each time. I cant’ stand it now. Other than that I secluded myself from everyone except Dougie. Mum held down properly as many jobs as you do and when she was seven and a half months pregnant she went into premature labour. Ginny was born fine but the idea of caring for such a tiny baby freaked her out and she threw herself into the only thing she could find security in- her work. That left me and Mrs Thompson, our still lovely next door neighbour to care for Ginny. She looked after her while I went to school but it’s safe to say my childhood wasn’t much after that.” He paused and Melody took the opportunity to roll closer and wrap her arms around him her head resting on his chest.

“At school I started playing hockey and when I was fifteen they sponsored me to play ice-hockey. It was great for the first time I was doing something for me, that I enjoyed and that I now get paid for too. I held down a few jobs too once I turned sixteen, a newspaper round, as a safety marshal at the ice rink and saved every penny unless I needed hockey things. Mums job got better paid as she got promoted and started travelling all the time. We weren’t so bad off any more and even got Ginny a nanny till she was about seven or eight. Two years later I turned eighteen and life was pretty good we were all happy and secure. Then my dad turns up two months after my birthday and asked me if he could borrow some money. I was so happy to see him I would have given him anything. I asked how much and he asked how much I had. He took all of it and with out so much as a thank you. That is when I started hating him. I never got the money or the love I had given him back.”

“Oh Aidan, I’m sorry that shouldn’t happen to a family. I can see why you didn’t want Ginny and Dougie to see him.”

“When he came back this time, he asked for money again but I said no. that’s why I told Ginny she wouldn’t see him again. Because now he should realise he wont get money from us. So I doubt he will return.”

“Did you ever find out why he wanted the money?” Melody asked curious.

“Yes, I actually talked to my mum properly for once and asked her more about dad. He is what you could call an illegitimate business man. He takes things people have stolen and sells them on. Hence the shady contacts in that bar we went too. Mum thinks he ripped off some of the people he worked with and then ran away because he owed them a lot of money. A lot, a lot of money, so much that he is still trying to pay them back all these years later.”

“Oh my god, do either of the others know this yet?” Melody asked wide eyed.

“No and I would like to keep it that way please.”

“Of course.” She told him stretching up to kiss the worry crease that had formed between his eyebrows. Aidan smiled half heartedly at her and hugged her close. They fell asleep in the sun like that, waking an hour or so later; Melody with bad sunburn on her nose, arms and legs and Aidan having turned an annoying nut brown.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest and DONT tell me what you think... ha i changed what i was saying... actually tell me what you think cos this is a very important chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 10, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules