Chapter 9 i think i have lost count.... any way at the hospital

Chapter 9 i think i have lost count.... any way at the hospital

A Chapter by Jules
"

at the hospital

"

~

“Excuse me?” Melody asked at the ER desk “I’m looking for a Dougie French, he was brought in last night after a fight.” The nurse at the desk tapped away slowly at her keyboard while Aidan fidgeted anxiously at Mel’s side.

“Ok, the guy we have in matching your description, we don’t have a name yet, is in room 317; follow this corridor along to the cross roads bit take a right, and then second left and his door is third on the right. Let a nurse know if it’s who you are looking for so we can update his details.”

“Thank you,” said Melody hurriedly, running to catch up with Aidan who was already heading to the room. They got lost at one point and she could tell he was getting even more frustrated and tense. She wanted to take his hand but thought it might be too much.

Aidan walked straight into room 317 without even knocking before he entered. Melody followed more cautiously, and then hurried to be next to Aidan at Dougie's side.

He looked very pale and battered. A large purple bruise was blossoming around his right eye, a neat row of stitches through his left eyebrow and a split lip. At least that was all the injuries Melody could see.

“You idiot!” Aidan growled pulling him into a tight hug. Dougie yelped in pain and pulled away, “Sorry bro.”

“That’s ok,” he managed to say around his ballooned lip. “I have broken ribs and some major bruising, so my chest hurts.”

A doctor walked past and stopped in the doorway. “Can I help you?”

“Yes, what are all my brothers injures?”

The doctor picked up the medical chart from the end of the bed and started to reel them off.

“Stitches to the eyebrow and back of the head, eye and lip injures, four broken ribs and two cracked ribs, a punctured lung, minor cuts and grazes on the arms, hands and knees and finally a sprained ankle. He’s going to need to be laid up for a while.”

“Thanks Doc,” Aidan gave him a tense smile and the doctor left them alone. Aidan and Melody sat side by side on a small sofa and she decided tentatively to take his hand. Aidan didn’t even look at her or flinch he just took it instinctively, holding on tight. It felt right be holding hands. Dougie watched them silently.

“Do you know how worried you made your sister?” Aidan growled again. Dougie hung his head. “If it wasn’t for Melody we would never have found you. I would still be at my game none the wiser while you lied nameless and uncared for in a hospital.”

“I didn’t get beaten up on purpose I went to find dad.”

“I know and I told you not to but did you listen? No! Leave it alone Doug no good will come from it.” Dougie opened his mouth to object when the door was flung open and Ginny stormed in.

“Oh my god! Dougie I can’t believe you’re in hospital. Does it hurt? When are you coming home? Can I hug you? Where’s Melody and Aidan?” questions streamed from her then she spotted Mel and Aidan on the small couch behind the door. She stared at them, “Why are you holding hands?” she didn’t stop for an answer. “Budge up I want to sit too.”

Their hands flew apart and Melody blushed a deep rose as they shuffled to opposite ends of the sofa.

“The doctor reckons Doug can come home tomorrow so long as he’s ok tonight and stays in bed for at least a week.”

“Yay!” Ginny bounced up and down in her seat. Melody stood up.

“I should get going I’m exhausted and have to work tomorrow. My rents due and I need the money desperately. I’ll see you soon I hope.” She hugged Dougie carefully and left quickly. She was halfway down the corridor when she heard running footsteps behind her. It was Aidan.

“Wait up Melody; let me give you a lift home. Ginny is going to stay a while.”

“Thank you,” she smiled shyly at him. They drove to her apartment in silence, but it wasn’t an awkward one. Aidan was appalled by the place she lived but kept quiet still.

“Thank you Melody, come and see us all soon. I’d like to take you out to say thank you… with Dougie and Ginny when he’s better if you’ll come.”

“I’d like that,” her smile widening fakely, she’d rather it was just him and her, “Bye.”

“Good bye.” He lent over and kissed her fleetingly on the cheek. His warm lips making her skin tingle. Melody slid out the car and ran up the steps and away from him and quickly as her tired feet would let her.

~

Spent out, she collapsed onto her sofa bed. It had been lovely seeing him again but he gave such mixed signals. Melody couldn’t decide if he really liked her or was just grateful or tolerated her because she was friends with his brother and sister. She hoped he really liked her at least as a friend if not as a woman. Curling up on the sofa just as she was, she fell asleep, dreaming of Aidan and his smoky grey eyes full of passion.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest and tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this. The story flows smoothly and the emotions and dialouge is very good. I plan on reading more of your novel because I know want to know more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules