Chapter 10- A Date

Chapter 10- A Date

A Chapter by Jules
"

a date with aidan

"

~

Outside Aidan sat in his car, cursing himself for not just asking her out properly. She had looked so disappointed when he had mentioned Dougie and Ginny coming for dinner with them. She had tried to hide it smiling sweetly at him but he could see it in her eyes.

This was the first time a girl had ever sparked so much interest in him rather than just lust. And she was so different from the usual girls he liked. He was use to the same old rink bunnies, pretty but stupid. But Melody was absolutely beautiful and smart, with a sense of humour like his- which most people didn’t understand. She knew when to comfort him and when to leave him alone. And she had felt so right curled up against him when they had shared his bed.

He sighed and drove back to the hospital to pick Ginny up, so they could go home and sleep.

~

Dougie was let out of hospital after two more days’ observation. And after three weeks was feeling more like his usual self, although his chest hurt if he did anything to strenuous. Ginny was disappointed they had only seen Melody twice, very briefly because she had been always working. They were yet to set a date for their dinner party and they were all starting to think they never would. Melody made an excuse not to go each time, usually work or sleep.

Two months passed and Aidan; who had been put on family leave for a total of three months; decided to do something about Melody before his last month was up. They WOULD go out for dinner and soon. He got Dougie to give him her address again and drove over to speak to her about it in person.

He had forgotten how bad where she lived was and gingerly made his way up the stairs and knocked on her door. There was no answer from inside but it was too late for her to be working. He knocked harder and the door drifted open slightly. Why was her door open and unlocked in this neighbourhood? Aidan stepped inside cautiously. The room was small and cramped and quite messy. But then it must be hard to keep it tidy in such a small space. The pile of blankets of the sofa stirred and a tousled curly head popped up. Melody rubbed her eyes blearily.

“If you want the rent, I’m sorry I still haven’t got it all. I’ve been doing as many shifts at the restaurant as I can, but the Hudson's had to let me go and the kindergarten doesn’t pay much until I qualify.”

“Hey Melody, its Aidan.” Her eyes shot into focus and blushed.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to blurt all that out. Why are you here?”

“To rescue you apparently.” She stared at him and he just grinned. “You need a new place and when I go back on tour with the team in a month I think you should move in to my room and stay with Ginny and Dougie for me.”

“What about your mum?”

“She won’t care,” Aidan replied shortly. “And if your landlord is hounding you like it seems and hasn’t fixed you’re apparently broken lock then I think should move in straight away. I’ll just sleep in my mum’s room till I go.”

“Are you sure?” Melody asked overwhelmed slightly by his generosity.

“Of course I wouldn’t have t any other way, besides Dougie and Ginny would never forgive me if I left you here.”

“Dougie never complained when he visited me here.”

“That’s because I raised him to be polite. Now get up we’re going out for some food and you’ll stay with us tonight and we’ll get your stuff in the morning it’s a Saturday so you’re not working are you?”

“I would be but I got fired.”

“Bummer, now get dressed we’re going for Chinese,” he pulled her to her feet and the blanket she had wrapped around her fell to the floor to reveal pokka dot underwear. It was sky blue, like her eyes, with white and pink spots, Aidan saw taking it in along with her flushed skin, always plumb lips and tousled hair. It made him want to kiss her ferociously. Melody quickly picked it up and clutching a bundle of clothes to her as well she disappeared into the bathroom.

Gazing at herself in the smeary, cracked mirror Melody despaired at her appearance. Grabbing her brush she pulled her hair back into a casual bun with a few loose curls, before dressing in dark jeans and a red t-shirt that read ‘boys are like slinkies, fun to watch fall down the stairs.’ She didn’t bother with make up; not that she owned much.

“Ok I’m ready,” she told him, grabbing a battered pair of converses that she had scrimped and saved for and then worn the hell out of.

The tired looking waitress at the all night Chinese restaurant sat them at a small two sitter table in a dark corner of the restaurant lit only by colourful Chinese lanterns. They ordered quickly both knowing their favourite dish and started laughing when they realised it was the same thing- beef with mushrooms, chow mien and the rice with all the little bits in. the restaurant was almost empty so they were left to themselves and took the time to learn more about each other. What team Aidan played for, why Melody liked working with children, why did Aidan start playing hockey, did Melody miss her parents. They learnt that both of them had been greatly disappointed by their parents and had learnt to look after themselves and those around them. It was almost midnight by the time they left and Melody fell asleep on Aidan's shoulder as they drove home. Calling Aidan's house home felt so right Mel thought as she dropped of to sleep.

~

Aidan carried Melody up the stairs carefully and placed her gently on the bed. She stirred in his arms and tightened her hold on his neck.

“Stay, please don’t leave me,” Aidan smiled at her whispered plea her eyes still closed, half asleep still.

“I think you had a bit to much to drink at dinner.” She stuck her tongue out sleepily. “Ok hunny, slide over and I’ll stay here.” He undressed her gently; Melody still to tired to object and then he undressed and climbed in next to her. She cuddled up to him and they fell asleep in each others arms.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest and tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 10, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules