Arriving at The Fountain

Arriving at The Fountain

A Chapter by Little Mouse

AFTER WORK ONE DAY, I was drawn to the window to check my herbs. Touching the dirt to check for needed moisture, and fondling the leaves for a scent. A lovely friend had just surprised me with a basket of food and herbs on a “down day”—right on time, lifting my spirits. The night prior, I was too tired for my bible study homework (hooeeem-wooork, said in a low childish moan). I looked at the late hour and encouraged myself—just read one page at least. This stood out:

 

“God who knows where we are

is the God who can touch people anywhere,

and cause them to know where we are, and what we need”.

 

While I was sniffing the basil leaves, I remembered they liked full sun—it hit me perhaps I should get some too. I had become secluded after a long winter and rainy spring—I really needed to get out. I walked along the main apartment corridor. I peaked in at the free yoga class being held for tenants—perhaps it would encourage me to come home and suit up for class someday, a healthy alternative to my usual routine. Peering in, I saw two people resting on their mats ready for class. Ah, that looks inviting, perhaps I’ll make it there, another day.

 

I crossed the street drawn over to the fountain, surrounded by five benches in a circle. During my last week’s bible lesson I was “supposed” to take a 30-minute—brace yourself—“walk with God” and pray and just “see what happens”. I had put it off—perhaps I should do it now, but “sit with God”. The instructions mentioned going to a park, or something like that—and this was just a stones throw from my front door, easy! I liked “easy” these days, and this couldn’t be any easier. Perhaps I would just sit here, and pray, and see what happened.

 



© 2008 Little Mouse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on July 20, 2008


Author

Little Mouse
Little Mouse

VA



About
Little Mouse -:3 )~~~ If I wasn't working I'd be writing. I'm a new writer, poet, venturing into stories. I think it's best to review each others work prior to sending a friend request, please,.. more..

Writing