The Yoga Place

The Yoga Place

A Chapter by Little Mouse

I HEADED TOWARD THE YOGA PLACE for once last peak—I’d lost track of time by now. I wondered if the class consisted of more than just two—would it have gotten crowded with weird apartment people? As I approached the window, the instructor caught me looking. He was a unique man, balding, big-eyed, foreign-kind. He tried talking to me through the glass, there was an urgency, but I couldn’t read his lips, nor could he read mine. He signaled me to wait, and finally held up a class schedule and motioned me to meet him toward the pass-coded locked side door. I nodded in agreement.

 

He met me, we shook hands, “Nice to meet you, you must be the instructor.”

 

He said, “Class is over, but please come back, here is a schedule”.

 

I said, “I’ll see you sometime soon. Today I decided it better to enjoy the fountain”.

 

The door he was holding open beeped at him urging him to go, he said smiling but rushed, “Yes I saw you there, in deep meditation. Really hope to see you next time.”

 

I said, “I will see you soon.”

 

        I sensed a slight urging to talk with him more, but as I crossed the street, passing the fountain, nearing my apartment, overjoyed with my simple assignment and how it had collided with a vision. I couldn’t wait to write. I wondered how the instructor might fit in my story. I pondered, what would God say to you if he could actually see you face-to-face, not through a glass pane barrier, no sound—instead of trying to read his lips, struggling to understand anything given…but to truly hear him say:

 

“Nice you meet you today, on your walk with me.

Your time with me today is over, but please come back tomorrow.

I see that you were deeply trying to communicate with me today.

You may not know how much I enjoyed seeing you do this.

I hope to see you soon.”

 

If only we could truly hear God (not just the spirit talking in our own voice). In the meantime, God works for me through dreams, visions, people, dogs, birds, a yoga instructors, etc. …you name it. My studies, prayers, and writings are like a circle, reinforcing and chasing and catching up to the other…taking me back to the fountain.

 

I entered my loft and posted the yoga flyer on my frig, it read, “Personal Excellence—‘Our passion is your well-being’.” It wasn’t just yoga, but also pilates—oh, that’s gonna burn I thought, but Lord knows I need it. Perhaps I’ll sit by the fountain instead. Or perhaps God thinks I’ll hear him during yoga. I’d be able to see the fountain as I'd strike a centering balance pose. We’ll see.

 

IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME to get to my vision of the fountain and God certainly met me there. God’s last directive to me during a prayer the week prior was simple, though not easy…“Wait”.

 

Wait—that was it? I felt liked I’d been waiting, quite some time already. Wait?! And then my thoughts drifted and I was comforted with this: “You are exactly where I want you to be.”

 

 

 

Little Mouse

April 17, 2008

 

 



© 2008 Little Mouse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on July 20, 2008
Last Updated on July 23, 2008


Author

Little Mouse
Little Mouse

VA



About
Little Mouse -:3 )~~~ If I wasn't working I'd be writing. I'm a new writer, poet, venturing into stories. I think it's best to review each others work prior to sending a friend request, please,.. more..

Writing