Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Lizardo
"

new chapter today!

"

I've never had a happy dream. All the time they're either been nightmares or sad dreams. The cops at midnight city would of arrest me if I ever told them about my dreams.

And this dream, wasn't an exception.

I was in my house (Or at least my old house). I could feel cold sensation of loneliness and sadness. The house had a pale blue color inside, the T.V was broken and the kitchen was a mess. Broken cups and half-cereal boxes where among the items that were on the floor.

"It's kind of sad how things can change in a matter of seconds"

I heard a deep voice behind me. I quickly turned back. There wasn't anybody behind me.

"Great to meet you in a another Dimension Escaper of dreams"

A dark man appeared in front me. Pieces of reality combined to form him, the same trick that Diarkar had used when I first met him.

If you looked at this guy strolling around in your neighborhood, you would think his some kind of millionaire. The dark man was wearing a tuxedo. His eyes had a deep yellow color that would turn anybody into stone. On his left hand, he was carrying a black stick like the one that nanny McPhee had in those movies I used to watch on T.V about her when I was little.

"This Dream is literary on the verge of being destroyed" Said the man

"Grab a sit, Escaper of Dreams"

I cleaned a chair that was right beside me and sat on it. I felt like I was in kindergarten and our teacher was about to give class, although this is a different situation.

"My name is O'Drare and I come to give you information about the Dream Universe"

A two-dimensional window pop out. It looked like a big floating T.V, the image looked lit it was composed by hundreds of pixels because, the thing didn't lag or anything, it had a perfectly clear view. I imagine this guy watching soccer games with such a beautiful piece of technology. I cracked a little smile with the thought.

An image of a galaxy appeared in the two-dimensional window.

"Here is the milky way galaxy, were earth is located and here-" The image of the galaxy was put aside and now a big dark nebulous galaxy appeared. Its arms were dark with red veins on it.

"This is Elipson, as you might know, there's also a country in the Dream universe which is called like that, and it's where you lived sir"

"Who are you?"

O'Drare sighed. "I am your butler sir, I'm also the guardian of the gateway between the real reality and the Dream reality"

"Well, you have made an awesome job with the Dream eaters" I said, he didn't like my thought.

"Would you like me to simply leave you without a trace to where you should go or would you prefer to shut up and listen to what I have to say"

I didn't argue with that. O'Drare's expressions changed in a matter of seconds from happy to mad from mad to happy. It was insane but pretty cool at the same time.

"I've wasted one millennium and hard work to make this presentation and introduction to who you are and what should you do, and you treat me like this?"

I didn't know what to say, I was left blank, as if someone had erased my facial expressions of my mind.

I looked down at the cereals that were on the floor. For some reason, it made me hungry.

"Okay, I'm sorry, you can continue with your presentation, I've been waiting for answers since I woke up in the messed up world"

O'Drare made a- you -serious -this �"time- dude kind of face.

"Yes, I'm serious"

"Okay then, moving on, Diarkar has already been causing trouble around Elipson Galaxy and Andromeda too, Andromeda is one of the Five Gateways of the Dream universe, if you go exatly to its center find the right star, you can manage to go to the real universe, where you are right now"

The screen showed a picture of me sleeping in the stadium chair of the dodger stadium.

"You didn't have to show that you know"

"Diarkar can't appear in the real world or universe, not right now, he can only appear in your dreams. He needs three objects, these three objects were the first thing we had back then to travel from the real world to the Dream world or universe too. You have one of them inside you, it's your heart."

My eyes grew wide open. "What do you mean by my heart?"

"Yeah, that's the bad part about being the Dream Escaper, Diarkar always wants your heart, but that'll be a story for another time, moving o-"

"He wants my heart? But why?"

"Your heart holds an ancient power the only a Dream Escaper can poses, that's actually the main reason on why everyone calls you the dream escaper, because in which ever part of the Dream universe you can be, you can always travel back to reality, of course if you know how, because I see that you've been trapped in the dream universe for 6 months"

I was about to ask another question when he stopped me.

"Questions for later Daniel, you need to understand what you need to do first"

The two-dimensional window felt like a PowerPoint presentation, except for the fact that this one looked way advanced than the one we had in midnight city.

A white cube appeared on the screen.

"This is the cube of light, this is the prison on which Diarkar was imprisoned a long time ago"

I raised my hand to ask a question again.

"Yes, the annoying boy, what is your question"

"If Diarkar had been imprisoned on this cube, then how did he escaped in the first place?"

"The cube of light can only imprisoned Diarkar for 9 billion years, I was there when the elders gave the firs Dream Escaper the cube of light to imprison Diarkar, quite a long time since then"

I gave him a steady look.

"You're lying". I stood up in front of him. His face was emotionless, he didn't show sign of surprise when I was in front of him.

He touch my chest with one of his fingers. Suddenly I was on my chair again.

"How did yo-?"

"Being a billion year old butler serving happily to house of Dream Escapers has its things, now why am I exactly lying to you?"

A cup appeared on his hand. He took sips of it and glared at me, waiting for my answer.

"Because humans weren't around 9 billion years ago, far less since the beginning of the universe, that's-"

"Impossible" He finished the line.

"Yeah, I knew you were going to say that, in fact, it has gotten a little boring for the last four-thousand years, every single dream escaper that comes in always says that, with the only difference that they didn't have to fight the nightmare in person while you are the lucky one who gets to take on Diarkar"

I sighed. It was too much to process, although I must admit, this guy had a "Home" feeling to him. When I mean home feeling, I mean that even though he was telling all of this stuff and knowing myself, I would of freaked out, but being with him, I didn't feel any emotion. Like if I just had my heart broken because of a girl but in some way you can't understand it felt good.

"What have the other Dream Escaper done then?"

"Mostly check on the cube of light and see how things are rolling on the Dream Universe"

He touched the two-dimensional screen. A cracked appeared on the cube.

"Now this is the problem, I could simply tell you to go get the cube of light and imprison Diarkar again, but when he escaped 6 months ago, he forced himself out of the cube causing it to crack"

I didn't noticed, but the room got bluer. Everything was blue, from cups to the kitchen, everything turned blue.

"My time with you is finishing, this is what you need to do"

A to-do list appeared on the screen.

"First, you must get glue, a glue that can fix the cube of light, you'll need to go to another Dream, the Dream of medicine"

A planet that looked just like earth appeared on the screen, although this one had many higher peaks, maybe three times the size of the Everest because it looked like it could reach the atmosphere.

"Maybe you can find a glue strong enough to fix it, second to find the cube of light you must know where the sun may fall"

"Are you kidding me!" I stood up again. "That's a freaking riddle, I don't know about you but I don't have a good time with riddles, can't you just tell me where it exactly is?"

"Nah, sorry boy, rules are rules, but maybe someone in Andromeda can help you"

I sat again. I shook my head. How-How was I going to accomplish all that?

"How am I supposed to get to those worlds?" I asked

"With this"

His arm opened. A glowing red sphere appeared in his hand. He handed over the glowing red sphere to me. It didn't weight that much, but for some reason, I thought it was really cool, only for one part.

"Dude, I don't know if I can call ancient entities like you dude but, how am I supposed to travel in Dream universe with a glowing sphere?"

"This is a transportation device, it can lead you anywhere in the Dream Universe, since you're the Dream Escaper, it will respond to you without a fighting"

"Without fighting?"

"Yeah, once I tried to used it but the thing send me to nightmare realm"

I gave him one of my sarcastic-smile-laugh looks at him.

I raised my hand again.

"What is up with this realms?"

"Oh yeah" O'Drare pull out a dark blue circular piece of metal with a red stripe around it.

He threw it on the table and a holographic view of a universe spread through the room.

"Is this-"

"The Dream universe"

Galaxies swirling in space and comets that appeared and disappear, starts that exploded and form huge supernovas.

"Well at least the middle realm, you see Daniel, the Dream universe is not a whole, it's actually divided in three separate universes, since humans have multiplied a lot, many more people dream, which means they come to Dream universe, most of them come to the middle realm where normal dreams occur some others don't have much luck and go to the nightmare real, the third universe of the Dream universe, and there are others who get to go to the upper realm or the high realm, where you can learn and get wisdom from dreams, in others words, only good stuff happens there"

In the two-dimensional screen, an "L" Appeared. On the upper part of the L, it said: Real Universe, on the middle it said: High realm, on the lower part it said: Middle realm and on the other lower side that was at the left, it said: Nightmare realm.

"The nightmare realm and the middle realm are really close" I said

"Indeed they are, that is why a lot of people on earth either got nightmares or normal dreams, few are the chosen ones to dream on the higher realm"

O'Drare tapped on the screen and a rectangular triangle appeared. The holographic map was still up.

"You see here?" said O'Drare pointing at the newly formed incline line.

"Yes I see, what's up with that?"

"Diarkar did that. That is why there are many anomalies in the real world, the first part of all are the appearance of the infamous Dream Eaters. Diarkar can't physically go in to the real world, but he can appear there, if he manages to go there, then it's the end for both universes."

That line: The end of both universes felt like someone had thrown a brick at my head and dropped acid on my face.

"That is why you must get the glue and trapped him in the cube, it all depends on you Daniel"

The holographic map disappear. I tried to stand up but I felt on the first try, I didn't feel so good. I wanted to throw up.

"Yeah, it is a lot to take isn't it? But imagine what would be of you without me!" Said O'Drare, smiling.

"I hate you"

"Anyways, my time here is finishing, You have everything you need Daniel, and by the way, you might want to tell your imaginary dream friends what happen, maybe they can help you"

Knives, Forks, Spoons and cheerios swirling around him in a tornado of kitchen stuff.

"Goodbye Daniel! I'll be watching closely, oh and by the way, if I were you man, I wouldn't trust those friends of yours in the real world, I know what I tell you, when you wake up, don't tell them about your dream with Diarkar and how you had woken up and don't tell about this, like I said, I know what I tell you, Goodbye, eat your Dream cereal with the milk I left behind you! and P.S: Remembered how I told you that this dream is at the verge of being destroyed? yeah you might want to eat fast and go find your friends, you have... 2 earth hours"

"Which in the dream world would be?" 

"30 minutes!"

He disappeared.

I looked back and yes, there was a box of cheerios and a bowl of milk in a perfect state. The house's disaster had been cleaned up. On the chair where I was sitting, there was a little book that read: Dream Escaper Manual, in case you didn't understand what your butler and history professor had to say!

Well this convenient I thought.

First page: In case you didn't understand what O'Drare the volcano guy said, this will help you a little more.

-Shut up Zilizgard, the dream escapers will understand what I said

-Shut up you 12 billion year old old man, I'm the one who's making the book.

At the end of the page it said: Property of Zilizgard (You have to be a simple ignorant to not know who I am)

I closed the book. Not because I wasn't interested on it, of course I wanted answers but, I was hungry, really hungry.

The blueish of the house faded away and by the looks of it, it was already morning.

After I finished eating at my former house, I went to look for my Dream friends as O'Drare had said.



© 2015 Lizardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on October 31, 2015
Last Updated on October 31, 2015
Tags: Teen, Adventure, Normal, Dreams, Teen Fiction


Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo