Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lilia

There he stood, tall in the water, grinning and waving like an idiot. His green shirt dry, although I knew he had to be swimming before.  


"Already in Virginia? Damn, Wise Girl!" Percy laughed, crossing his arms as he slowly approached.


I balled my fists at my sides, glaring knives, daggers, swords- He knew I didn't need distractions! He knew he was a ginormous distraction.  "It's illegal to go in the Potomac, seaweed brain." 


Percy turned his jovial face to one of an upset baby seal, "I'm only breaking the law for you Wise G-"


I crossed my arms, turning from him, feeling my eyebrows naturally furrow, "Don't."


He fell silent, and I heard his footsteps do the same. "Annabeth...why the sudden runaway thing.."


"The spiders Percy. You saw them too." I said and dug my heels into the grass. 


Every single day, more and more spiders were coming into camp. Athena cabin was constantly swarmed with the creepy little arachnids, but they never seemed to go for anyone else. They whispered my name, hissing through their terrifying fangs, crawling on their eight hairy spindly legs. I was incapable of sleep, for fear they would overtake my mind in my sleep. Percy offered me a place to sleep in his cabin, but I knew the spiders would just follow.

 

They wanted something, but it was a part of me. A part that I could not harness. A part I needed to find. 


¨Annabeth- I know you need to find out what they want- but why?¨ Percy´s voice was soft, soothing. I wanted nothing more than to turn around to hide in the safety he offered. 


I couldn´t let myself do it. It was unintelligent, and stupid to betray a mission that my mother obviously gave me. 


¨I´m going, Percy." I took a step forward, stomping into the mushy dirt. 


¨Then I´m coming too. I don´t need another half-blood sweeping you off your feet.¨ He joked, despite the seriousness I expressed. 


It was so overwhelmingly frustrating when he did that, ¨No! This is for me, Percy! You know I have to do this alone.¨ 


His voice grew concerned, angry even, ¨Fine! Just- promise you won´t do anything stupid without me.¨


¨I´m a daughter of Athena. The only stupid decision I ever made was falling for you.¨ The words were lies, and he knew it. He knew I would never do this, right? He´d forgive me?


¨We´re done, Percy! Leave me alone!¨ 

¨But Ann-¨ 


¨NO!¨ I turned to him, bronze dagger in hand, ¨Now, go.¨


Percy´s eyes were filled with hurt, and his brows furrowed in a way I´d never seen them do before. He slapped the blade away from his throat, his hand slicing with the action. 


¨You can't do this! I love you! You love me!¨


¨Sorry seaweed brain. A smart girl goes for the strongest and leaves once he gets soft.¨


He gave a shout of rage, like when he charged in the war. Yet, he didn´t bother raising his hands. I wanted him to smack me, try to convince me to come back. But, he didn´t. 


Instead, tears flooded from his eyes, and he wiped furiously at them with his hands.


 He turned tail and ran, his voice choking up as he shouted, ¨Goodbye, Annabeth! Come back soon!¨ 


And as quickly as he came, he was gone.

 



© 2017 Lilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on October 5, 2017
Last Updated on October 5, 2017


Author

Lilia
Lilia

MI



About
I enjoy writing fantasy/dystopian and romance novels. Sometimes I dabble with a bit of fan-fiction, but not that often. more..

Writing
I'm Persassy I'm Persassy

A Book by Lilia


I Hate It I Hate It

A Story by Lilia