Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lilia

My eyes stung and my heart pounded as I ran away from that scene.  That horrid dreadful scene.

My heart felt like a dozen arrows were slowly piercing through the arteries and veins that ran through the organ, and ripping the fibers of the very needed organ. 

Why couldn't Mom just be pleased? 

"This is what you wanted, wasn't it?!" I shouted to nothing, but I knew my mom could hear me. Regardless of what she said. I pulled out a book from my bag and tried to busy myself with its contents as I marched along in these damned woods.

"Arachnid, Arachnid..." I muttered as I searched for the keyword, paying no mind to my surroundings. My feet naturally carried me between the trees, until- they didn't.

 

I rammed into a tree, my book falling onto the gravel pathway of a park. My vision was blurry and I groped the ground to get my bearings. There was a low chuckle, and I swore I could see a brunette girl standing above the pages. 

 

¨Nose stuck in a book?¨ Came the girl´s voice, after she picked up the book. Viewing the page, the girl shrieked, throwing the spider book away from herself. 

I thought the action was appropriate, but, wouldn´t dare voice it. Mortals...

My vision became clear, and I found myself face to face with a very angry Hazel.

¨Weak? Percy?¨ Her arms were crossed. 

¨I see he came crying to you.¨ I sighed, as I stood up and brushed my shorts off. 

"Something's up. Why did you drop him like that?" Hazel questioned, whilst I took the book from her.

"What brings you to Virginia?" I asked though I knew the answer. Perseus Jackson, definitely was the answer. 

"Don't change the subject! For the love of gods! Just answer me!"

"Arachne. I need to find Arachne." 

Hazel must've seen through my facade. She probably knew I was terrified. She knew that even if I was to find Arachne, I'd be paralyzed with fear upon meeting the spider woman.

"She'd kill you. Athena did turn her into a spider."

"That's why Percy couldn't come. He'd get in the way. I need to know what Arachne wants of me."

"Then tell him th-"

"And have him argue that he should come? No." 

"Fine." Hazel gave a sigh of defeat, "Get on with it. I'll tell him that it's official. Your relationship is off. But, when you come back.. Don't be too surprised at what you'll find."

"Fine." I recited her word, and then looked back in my book. Arachne. I'm coming for you. 

 I checked my map. Colorado. If I ran enough, I could be to Colorado in a week. 

Hopefully, the week would be monster free.



© 2017 Lilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on October 5, 2017
Last Updated on October 5, 2017


Author

Lilia
Lilia

MI



About
I enjoy writing fantasy/dystopian and romance novels. Sometimes I dabble with a bit of fan-fiction, but not that often. more..

Writing
I'm Persassy I'm Persassy

A Book by Lilia


I Hate It I Hate It

A Story by Lilia