Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Lilia

Now, you would think team missions would be ya’ know, applying the word team to work.

But- well…. That didn’t happen.


We arrived at the site, along midday, and we were all hunched behind this rock, viewing a gigantic nightmare. It’s skin was black, stuck out at edges, where a normal human’s elbow would be, and looked like it was eating something...or someone.


Silhouette’s voice was a low whisper as we viewed it from afar. “A reaper can absorb the souls of humans, and half-breeds alike..So don’t get too close.”

Myra definitely took this to a grain of salt. She glanced over at an axe, which- I was certain she had made herself, and gripped the handle, before drawing it out from its strap. The blade gleamed at the edges and color shimmered around it. It was definitely enchanted.


Sweetness beamed with pride at the enchantment, almost as if he had done it himself. Illumination rolled her eyes,

“He literally just said, don’t get close to the monster.”


Myra rolled her eyes, “It has an enchantment for a reason.”
Silhouette coughed to gain our attention once more, “Now, what I want you to do is-”


“Yada yada yada, Imma go kill some stuff- bye.” Katherine beamed, and charged forward, withdrawing two daggers from his sides.


“Ey, yo! Big ugly!” Called the blind idiot.


The nightmare turned to face him, black knives spewing from its skin as it roared in anger. GWARRRR!


Darkness giggled, and evaporated into a shadowy mist, before appearing behind the monster.


Silhouette went to speak again, but was cut off when Silence began to flap his wings, knocking most of us back. He rose up high, and glided quickly over to the creature, spewing fire.


Illumination sighed, and drew her bow, rolling her eyes, “Shut up Apollo! I know what I’m doing!” An arrow went along her bowstring and made it’s mark right in the creature’s eye. It roared in pain and a blade shaped arm swished through the sky slicing down at Katherine.


He avoided it, and cut the arm with a blade.


Silhouette rolled his eyes, “Just- fine- do whatever.”


Sweetness nodded, and Myra charged forward with her axe, an animalistic scream hailing throughout the air. She rammed it and knocked it over onto it’s side.


Sweetness’ hands began to glow, flame-like blue orbs in each as he began to sling the fire balls at the creature.


Silhouette zipped over to do what he could- and I realized- I was the only one left. Sprinting, I gripped the sword I was given only moments ago. I would succeed. I was sure of it.


I lunged forward hoping to get a piece of the action- just as a long arm swung across and cut my side. It healed of course- but that isn’t to say it didn’t hurt.

I was slammed down to the ground- the creatures disgusting black eyes peering down into mine. I screamed and squirmed as it opened its mouth, a sickly black saliva spewing over its yellow razor-like teeth.  If I had a way to describe what it felt like to have your soul absorbed-  it´d be slow.


That or it felt slow, because my brother sped up and took a  leap before slamming a blade through the reaper's throat.


~


“Alright, dickweeds.  That is exactly what teamwork ISN’T about.” Growled out an angry Silhouette.

“I specifically gave directions, of which- none of you heeded. Candy here, was almost killed.”


I went to speak up- to deny this statement, but he gave me a look that read Don’t say a goddamn thing.


So I didn’t.


Katherine coughed, “She’s a regenerative healer. She said so herself.”


Illumination crossed her arms and legs, huffing her annoying little huff she always had to do.  I scoffed to mock her and chuckled at her response.


Silence snorted, a plume of smoke spewing through his nostrils, and Darkness giggled.


Silhouette slammed his fist against the table and I swore he was ready to up and kill someone. The closest was Katherine- and I was certain that was who he was prepared to strangle.


“It doesn’t matter. She is your teammate therefore- you cannot just leave her to die because she has regenerative healing.” he spoke with acidity in his voice and I could’ve sworn it was foaming from his mouth.


“Alright, chill we can do it.”

Myra rolled her eyes and lay her head down on the desk.


“No. I warned you of the consequences. Team training. Every night- at eight.”

Groans were heard all about the room, except from Sweetness and I.


~

And so, team training we did. For weeks on end we didn’t do a single mission. We went to team training. It was grueling and I never wanted to slap a single person in the face more than Illumination.


With the exception of Katherine.


Finally Silhouette gave in. After weeks of someone’s (me) begging to stop with the team training.


“A member of your group had brought it to my attention that we might be a bit more successful if we took an instructor’s mission rather than a nightmare hunter’s.”


Illumination smirked, “Obviously.”


Katherine coughed, and Silence rolled his eyes. Darkness paid no heed to the conversation, as per usual.


“Man, fug off.” Myra rolled her eyes, and Silhouette went to defend his-


“Girlfriend, Candy. Didn’t you hear their thoughts when they were macking each other’s faces off?”


Silhouette shot a glare to Katherine, who couldn’t really tell he was glaring in the first place.

“So, anyways. I took up a mission from the Headmistress. We will be going to a witches coven.”


Sweetness began to splutter out his words, ¨Witch? He said witches coven? Wh-What happened to the uh, ya know, the uh, nightmare hunt?”


Silence snorted, as if to say Scared?

Darkness giggled, ¨Witches aren't scary Silhouette. Why would we fight witches?¨


Katherine stifled a laugh under his palm, ¨Well worded, Silence. The dragon boy here says he thinks he could pour water on them and be done with it.¨


An eruption of laughter went about the room, excluding Silence and Sweetness. Each for their own reasons.

¨But- witches can mangle bodies, destroy your mind.¨ Sweetness sounded seriously panicked, and Myra put a hand on his shoulder.


¨Quiet tiny one. We will succeed.”


Sweetness glowered at her, ¨I am not tiny! And, of course we will. If we don´t we die?!¨


Myra sent him an icy glare and he went deadly quiet.


¨Scaring the piss out of Sweetness! HA!¨ Katherine held his sides as he laughed.


Silhouette slammed a fist against the table to bring the attention back. ¨Tonight, come at 5. Wear black. Weĺl discuss the plan then.¨

We all murmured a response, and Illumination began her goo-goo eyes again.


Gross.



© 2017 Lilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on November 10, 2017
Last Updated on November 10, 2017


Author

Lilia
Lilia

MI



About
I enjoy writing fantasy/dystopian and romance novels. Sometimes I dabble with a bit of fan-fiction, but not that often. more..

Writing
I'm Persassy I'm Persassy

A Book by Lilia


I Hate It I Hate It

A Story by Lilia